IGNORED

Everton Sack Koeman {Merged)

Port Said Red

This one interests me. There are one of two people to blame; the chairman, or the manager. One of them chose to sign the players they did. They are a Premier League side with 0 fast players in their starting 11. Calvert-Lewin, maybe, but his quality isn't up to scratch quite yet. With 180m they signed Sandro Ramirez, Gylfi, Rooney, Klassen... Knowing fully well they were without Yannick Bolasie for a long while and Mirrallas has seemingly lost all interest - to have a PL 11 start as slow as they are must be a dream for opposition managers. They can play any line they want, high or low. Really confused by the recruitment. No manager will be able to turn it around hugely until January, where they must sign big.

2 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

This one interests me. There are one of two people to blame; the chairman, or the manager. One of them chose to sign the players they did. They are a Premier League side with 0 fast players in their starting 11. Calvert-Lewin, maybe, but his quality isn't up to scratch quite yet. With 180m they signed Sandro Ramirez, Gylfi, Rooney, Klassen... Knowing fully well they were without Yannick Bolasie for a long while and Mirrallas has seemingly lost all interest - to have a PL 11 start as slow as they are must be a dream for opposition managers. They can play any line they want, high or low. Really confused by the recruitment. No manager will be able to turn it around hugely until January, where they must sign big.

Did Everton not bring in the bloke responsible for Leicester’s recruitment policy, Steve Walsh? So surely he’s been responsible for advising & signing all these players on behalf of the chairman!

Just now, Tipps69 said:

Did Everton not bring in the bloke responsible for Leicester’s recruitment policy, Steve Walsh? So surely he’s been responsible for advising & signing all these players on behalf of the chairman!

I don't know Tipps, awful if so. Anyone with a brain can see their issue. Me and you could play centre half against them and not have to run much!!

On 20/10/2017 at 13:07, David Brent said:

Relegated though?

April 1980; the last relegation place in Div 1 (as was) was going to be taken by either City or Everton. In the nearly forty years since, Everton have flirted with relegation several times.

Koeman has been criticised for not trying hard enough to fill the void left by Lukaku. Rooney isn't a like for like replacement.

Results this season have been awful and loss at Goodison in the Europa League and then again at Goodison getting stuffed by Arsenal, conceding 5. 

The absence of centre forward is highlighted by them only scored 7 goals so far.

Makes me laugh, Ryan Giggs has told Sky Sports that he’s interested in the vacant managers jobs at Leicester & Everton!!

So am I Ryan, May I suggest you do the same as I’ve done & purchase a copy of Football Manager 2018 because that’s the only chance either of us have got!! :sad26: 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Koeman has been criticised for not trying hard enough to fill the void left by Lukaku. Rooney isn't a like for like replacement.

Results this season have been awful and loss at Goodison in the Europa League and then again at Goodison getting stuffed by Arsenal, conceding 5. 

The absence of centre forward is highlighted by them only scored 7 goals so far.

True but it wasn't Koeman's job to sign the players.

Another club with expectations that exceed the reality of their situation.   Their revenue puts them in a group of clubs from 8th to about 18th, the jump to 7th is large and to 6th is massive.  They didn't spend that much this summer when you net it off against players sold, and they were never going to find it easy to replace Lukaku (nobody would).  Of course they have started weakly but a couple of wins would put them back where they should be - mid table - and they will struggle to find a better manager than Koeman.  I think it's a short sighted decision and if they get the next appointment wrong potentially disastrous.

10 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Another club with expectations that exceed the reality of their situation.   Their revenue puts them in a group of clubs from 8th to about 18th, the jump to 7th is large and to 6th is massive.  They didn't spend that much this summer when you net it off against players sold, and they were never going to find it easy to replace Lukaku (nobody would).  Of course they have started weakly but a couple of wins would put them back where they should be - mid table - and they will struggle to find a better manager than Koeman.  I think it's a short sighted decision and if they get the next appointment wrong potentially disastrous.

Let's hope so .

Everton , self important club done nothing since the 80's .

They're Liverpool's Gas . 

I like Koeman, he did a good job at Benfica many years ago and evidently was doing a decent job at Southampton.

Sometimes managers don't fit a club (Tiny P*nis being one) but I do think what a manager has accomplished in previous jobs should be taken into account, there is something arrogantly Premiership about ignoring the decent record of a manager if he simply can't make your bang average club superstars overnight.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I've always thought Eddie Howe would make a good Everton manager - dunno why I think that though!

He was an Everton fan growing up in the 80's.  He was on record saying when Bournemouth were first promoted that Goodison Park was the destination he was most looking forward too.

11 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I think the chemistry of any work place is important, not the recruitment officer.   

11 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

I don't know Tipps, awful if so. Anyone with a brain can see their issue. Me and you could play centre half against them and not have to run much!!

let it not be said, I know them well, that Evertonians don't harbour passion!

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 19:37, Major Isewater said:

Let's hope so .

Like they're a league below them, have few fans, an owner that does not stump up the readies, no training ground, have not been in the same league for 16 years,..... or that they wear blue and white!!!!!! Anyone from Liverpool might disagree, but those Liverpool fans that crowd round the TV to support their team, might have that misguided opinion. Having visited both grounds in the last year I must say the loudest and best place to watch the game is from Goodison. Liverpool have ruined Anfield(the place) over the last few years, leaving many streets derelict as they waited for residents to move out so they could redevelop the ground, which has caused so many social and business issues around the place..... 

From 2013, but still a problem   https://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2013/may/06/anfield-liverpool-david-conn

1 hour ago, adamski said:

Like they're a league below them, have few fans, an owner that does not stump up the readies, no training ground, have not been in the same league for 16 years,..... or that they wear blue and white!!!!!! Anyone from Liverpool might disagree, but those Liverpool fans that crowd round the TV to support their team, might have that misguided opinion. Having visited both grounds in the last year I must say the loudest and best place to watch the game is from Goodison. Liverpool have ruined Anfield(the place) over the last few years, leaving many streets derelict as they waited for residents to move out so they could redevelop the ground, which has caused so many social and business issues around the place..... 

From 2013, but still a problem   https://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2013/may/06/anfield-liverpool-david-conn

Anfield is a total shell of what it used to be, Goodison is without a doubt a louder stadium nowadays.

On 24/10/2017 at 02:37, Major Isewater said:

Let's hope so .

They won the FA Cup and Charity Shield in 1995.

I like the Toffees, still majority British owned, just, British manager as well. Hope they continue to climb the table to 7th and park the bus. With Allardyce in control should not be in doubt.

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Or finish 8th as he scores 11 goals....when do you pick up your Pundit of the Year award?

In fairness I don't think Rooney contributed much to that. I've always been a big fan of his but it's clear to see he is physically over the hill. I suspect the MLS will also be a difficult task for him, it's an extremely fast-paced league.

Sad to see his decline but he's been playing week in, week out, for 15 years.

Archived