IGNORED

Racist comment

Never give up

Did anyone else hear anyone making racist comments today?

Late on in the second half some yob, a few rows behind me, shouted a racist comment when their right left back took a throw in. 

I couldn’t tell who said it and thankfully didn’t hear anymore, but disgusting to hear such language from  some excuse for a human being. 

15 minutes ago, Never give up said:

Late on in the second half some yob, a few rows behind me, shouted a racist comment when their right left back took a throw in. 

I couldn’t tell who said it and thankfully didn’t hear anymore, but disgusting to hear such language from  some excuse for a human being. 

No

17 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Sorry, I’m confused, what does his post count have to do with someone making a racist comment?

When you joined the forum did you automatically start from post 2000?

It makes us question the veracity of this poster, who along with a couple of other newbies has joined recently and posted things portraying BCFC in a bad light.

IF it happened it's unacceptable and the club has policies to ban such supporters.

In all honesty. the last time I ever heard anyone make a racist comment at AG was about 10 years back. And almost an entire row of people told the bloke to shut the **** up. Such is the way of the game today. we've come a long way from the 70s when bananas on the pitch and monkey calls met every black player at every club in Britain.

38 minutes ago, Never give up said:

Their right left back?

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It makes us question the veracity of this poster, who along with a couple of other newbies has joined recently and posted things portraying BCFC in a bad light.

IF it happened it's unacceptable and the club has policies to ban such supporters.

In all honesty. the last time I ever heard anyone make a racist comment at AG was about 10 years back. And almost an entire row of people told the bloke to shut the **** up. Such is the way of the game today. we've come a long way from the 70s when bananas on the pitch and monkey calls met every black player at every club in Britain.

This makes me sad, frustrated and annoyed that you question the facts of my comment and also the fact that I’m new to posting shouldn’t even come into it, if I’ve something to report  

I’m glad that 10 years ago people told the racist to shut the **** up but not today. The comment was made quickly by some brainless **** and it was then too difficult to know who said it. 

Comment reported to steward but what can be done when no clue who said it.  

Believe me, I have no agenda to make the club look bad but want to make people aware that unfortunately we are sharing the ground with a racist thug. 

Ive been coming to AG for 5 years and have never heard racist language before and hope this is the last of it. 

1 hour ago, Never give up said:

Think you need to be slightly more specific mate. what do you class as racist nower days . Statements like . Oh you Bedminster bastard or you Clifton**** . I mean everyone gets offended these day , you need to be more specific surely. 24,  000 plus people in a football environment. Either have a piss or get off the pot  

2 minutes ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Was this sort of Row 28 area? If so I thought I heard something but couldn't be completely sure so didn't say anything. Well done in reporting though no room for that sort of shit. 

So you thought you heard something and  on that basis you put in a slight complaint . :grr:

19 minutes ago, Never give up said:

This makes me sad, frustrated and annoyed that you question the facts of my comment and also the fact that I’m new to posting shouldn’t even come into it, if I’ve something to report  

I’m glad that 10 years ago people told the racist to shut the **** up but not today. The comment was made quickly by some brainless **** and it was then too difficult to know who said it. 

Believe me, I have no agenda to make the club look bad but want to make people aware that unfortunately we are sharing the ground with a racist thug. 

Ive been coming to AG for 5 years and have never heard racist language before and hope this is the last of it. 

It has really upset me that we are sharing our ground with a racist thug. 24,000 plus there today and one of them was racist. Gee whiz that would equate to 2000 people voting for fascist parties in an electorate of 48 million. We are sharing our country with fascists. Let us burn everything to the ground.

The main thing is, as Red-Robbo has illustrated, back in the 70s and 80s a few thousand would've joined in with the racist barracking. But now, if it did occur at all, it was isolated and 24,000 plus others would never have contemplated joining, if they'd heard it, except in condemnation.

Personally, I haven't heard a racist comment at AG for donkey's years and if I did I wouldn't be worried that I was sharing the ground with one racist. I would feel more concerned for the lone racist chanter as he would be sharing the ground with 24,000 people diametrically opposed to his way of thinking.

Take a bow supporters of Bristol City. 

33 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So you thought you heard something and  on that basis you put in a slight complaint . :grr:

No I couldn't be sure what I heard so I didn't say anything. I looked behind and nothing else was said. Pretty obvious what I meant. Are you okay there? Not sure why you're getting angry.  If he knows what he heard then it's right to report it.... 

49 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

It has really upset me that we are sharing our ground with a racist thug. 24,000 plus there today and one of them was racist. Gee whiz that would equate to 2000 people voting for fascist parties in an electorate of 48 million. We are sharing our country with fascists. Let us burn everything to the ground.

The main thing is, as Red-Robbo has illustrated, back in the 70s and 80s a few thousand would've joined in with the racist barracking. But now, if it did occur at all, it was isolated and 24,000 plus others would never have contemplated joining, if they'd heard it, except in condemnation.

Personally, I haven't heard a racist comment at AG for donkey's years and if I did I wouldn't be worried that I was sharing the ground with one racist. I would feel more concerned for the lone racist chanter as he would be sharing the ground with 24,000 people diametrically opposed to his way of thinking.

Take a bow supporters of Bristol City. 

I don't think anyone is attacking City fans as a collective, but rather the person who did it. Racism is pretty damaging and one person hearing that comment can have quite a negative impact. There were a lot of children in the area. If that person did say something racist as the op says then how do you think that might affect those children? Especially if the child is of that ethnicity? 

You say that 24,000 people would be opposed to it, I would agree, but it's the poster who seemingly gets attacked on here. Weird. 

Thinking about it maybe the thread didn't need to be made. Obviously though it's upset the op and this was his outlet. 

57 minutes ago, Never give up said:

So you haven't had a opinion on how crap or good we have been in the last couple of seasons but a bit of racism from 1 bloke and your all over it like a rash

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So you haven't had a opinion on how crap or good we have been in the last couple of seasons but a bit of racism from 1 bloke and your all over it like a rash

Maybe he/she discusses their opinions on the match with their friends and family members but feels hearing something racist is something they want some reassurance/confirmation on. Like someone says above, I am a bit confused why people are attacking someone for hearing racism and reporting it. 

I think what I find odd is how many people seem to feel it an attack on the club or even on themselves personally. The fact that some guy was being a racist idiot is not a reflection on City fans or the club but on the fact that some people are still racist idiots and should be called out as such m.

Credit to the anyone who reports it when it happens, including the OP.

8 hours ago, BristolCity1992 said:

I don't think anyone is attacking City fans as a collective, but rather the person who did it. Racism is pretty damaging and one person hearing that comment can have quite a negative impact. There were a lot of children in the area. If that person did say something racist as the op says then how do you think that might affect those children? Especially if the child is of that ethnicity? 

You say that 24,000 people would be opposed to it, I would agree, but it's the poster who seemingly gets attacked on here. Weird. 

Thinking about it maybe the thread didn't need to be made. Obviously though it's upset the op and this was his outlet. 

Well said. Exactly why I made the point. 

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

This sums it up for me. Racism is racism. It’s not a ‘bit of racism’ or something slightly racist this was a personal attack on a player doing his job and some tool thinks it acceptable to abuse him because of the colour of his skin. 

All those who are trying to play it down as a minority or not as major as it was in the 70s have surprised me. This attitude is why it’s still happening in football from top levels down. 

Agree with other comment about children and people hearing but who ever hears it it is illegal and WRONG. 

The reason I’m putting it on is simply to highlight what I’ve heard and so we are all aware and can stamp out any further racist comments. I’m sure most of you are aware that across Europe and USA racist and facist issue are on the rise. Take Man United in the week. Or did the fans mis hear that or do we excuse it as it was only a few and a little bit racism. 

I don’t need to justify why and when I comment and here and I’m not only going to discuss highly important things as Fielding’s terrible goal kicks; Flint out of position after the goal kick tactics; Reid’s drop in form; Taylor questionable at this level; or Smith’s lack of creativity. 

9 minutes ago, Never give up said:

This sums it up for me. Racism is racism. It’s not a ‘bit of racism’ or something slightly racist this was a personal attack on a player doing his job and some tool thinks it acceptable to abuse him because of the colour of his skin. 

All those who are trying to play it down as a minority or not as major as it was in the 70s have surprised me. This attitude is why it’s still happening in football from top levels down. 

Agree with other comment about children and people hearing but who ever hears it it is illegal and WRONG. 

The reason I’m putting it on is simply to highlight what I’ve heard and so we are all aware and can stamp out any further racist comments. I’m sure most of you are aware that across Europe and USA racist and facist issue are on the rise. Take Man United in the week. Or did the fans mis hear that or do we excuse it as it was only a few and a little bit racism. 

I don’t need to justify why and when I comment and here and I’m not only going to discuss highly important things as Fielding’s terrible goal kicks; Flint out of position after the goal kick tactics; Reid’s drop in form; Taylor questionable at this level; or Smith’s lack of creativity. 

Is your name Tristan and do you work for the Bristol post? 

Thank christ there was no rucking in the park yesterday, you would have had your knickers in even more of a twist then wouldn't you x

9 minutes ago, CityBS15 said:

Is your name Tristan and do you work for the Bristol post? 

Thank christ there was no rucking in the park yesterday, you would have had your knickers in even more of a twist then wouldn't you x

So someone calling a player a black bastard when taking a throw in is getting my knickers in a twist? 

**** off you sad, narrow minded little man. 

Is everyone on here okay? OP points out some abysmal crowd behavior, and is getting all sorts of questions, suspicions and criticisms?

I am a new poster, let me assure you, we're not some Gestapo type secret service agents sent by the SAGs to sully City's name - yet simply people who find this kind of stuff disgusting, and well worth calling out. 

Bad behaviour is bad behaviour - lets all act like the adults we are and recognise it as such

54 minutes ago, underhanded said:

Is everyone on here okay? OP points out some abysmal crowd behavior, and is getting all sorts of questions, suspicions and criticisms?

I am a new poster, let me assure you, we're not some Gestapo type secret service agents sent by the SAGs to sully City's name - yet simply people who find this kind of stuff disgusting, and well worth calling out. 

Bad behaviour is bad behaviour - lets all act like the adults we are and recognise it as such

People are wary of new posters- especially if their first posts are accusing the club or the fans of something.

Lets face it- many a time a post has been made on here by a new poster with a whiff of gas about it and with the headlines they have received lately would you put it past them to try and deflect some of it on to us? They have previous.

For what it's worth- if a racist comment was made then it is correct it was reported and the guilty party should not be allowed back. i certainly would not let it go unmentioned if i heard anything of the like.

Archived