IGNORED

crowd v palace

archie andrews

7 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

saying top bit near enough sold out on the ticket thingy

Just had a look at this.  I suspect that only certain blocks have been released for sale.  Although I don't think it's helpful when it says "sold out" when they actually mean "not yet available", as some might give up thinking the game has actually sold out.

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Was going to add LJ said in today's interview over 18k sold, he was expecting 12-13k

Just shows if games are priced right people will support the team 

Except that the Leeds game was at full price and the game was close to a sell-out.  That suggests to me that for the most attractive fixtures, people will support the team anyway - and from a revenue-generation point of view, the club has probably got the pricing structure about right overall.  Certainly agree it helps to reduce prices for the less attractive fixtures though - I can't imagine we'd have got anywhere near 20k at full price tomorrow.  And I certainly wouldn't have paid £36 (members price) to sit in the middle of the Lansdown, where I am tomorrow!

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just had a look at this.  I suspect that only certain blocks have been released for sale.  Although I don't think it's helpful when it says "sold out" when they actually mean "not yet available", as some might give up thinking the game has actually sold out.

Ahhh I thought it was nearly sold out when trying to buy tickets for my sister and nephew. Did not realise it included sections that were not made available for sale. I told them it would be a full house, hopefully they will still enjoy themselves. 

They have just released over 200 tickets in block W4 of the Upper Tier Lansdown, got 2 tickets in row 6, looking forward to this:chant6ez: as my season ticket is in the Dolman.  They were £15 each for print at home.  Before they released these there were only single tickets in the Lansdown, and a few at the very back of the Dolman that were not just singles.

27 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Maybe 2000 only available pay on day in currently unopened L top tiers.

You might be right actually. If half the West Stand upper is sold out already then about 2k tickets left in all home ends.

Could sell-out.

Just to put that in context...in the last round Palace got 6,607 versus Huddersfield Town.

39 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Must be close to 20k sold now as the entire lower bowl which holds 22k is pretty much sold out bar singles and 2k in the Atyeo. Plus hundreds sold in the West Stand upper....

Half-term effect?

Good point Kid, I  know a few that won't bring the kids on a school night, especially if there is a likelihood of et and pens. Expect a lot of younger fans tonight maybe?

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You might be right actually. If half the West Stand upper is sold out already then about 2k tickets left in all home ends.

Could sell-out.

Just to put that in context...in the last round Palace got 6,607 versus Huddersfield Town.

Think it is probably and overestimate to say half top tier sold already. From looking at the online ticket thingy it appears tickets have been sold in  4 of the 9 blocks (W4, W5, W6 and W7), however in each of those blocks tickets are only sold in the first few rows. I think it is more like 1/4 of upper tier tickets sold. Still an amazing effort but likely leaving about 3000 left. 

It's an amazing effort but worth pointing out that the threshold for opening the top tier is a little lower this year with the whole Atyeo given to away support.

Still surprised though - 16k for the Hull game last year, which was also half term.

It seems to me that there is a snowball effect once it becomes clear a decent crowd is expected, with more and more people wanting to be a part of it.

Let's just hope we get a proper cup tie worthy of the attendance!

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Pretty sure there was rugby at the Gate on Sunday, so with our game on Saturday and this evening there is every chance that 50,000 will have been through the turnstiles in 4 days.

Which is significant.

There were 7000 at the rugby on Sunday, plus 24500 against Leeds and 20000 tonight, that's 51500 people through the gates in 4 days, surely a club record

A cheap ticket knockout cup tie in half-term v a PL team is a night when many in attendance are now-and-again pick n choose their games supporters, and even some very probably who have tried a bit of lower league tinpot stuff (and not been "hooked") north of the river but might be undecided as to allegiance and up for going one way - south of the river - or the other, once and for all.

Tonight is an opportunity to reel a few more in, to grab some occasional, undecided types by the whatsits with a full blooded evening of end to end cup tie football exhiliration. We failed to do this a year ago v Hull, we botched our big day v Brum, we flunked in front of a big crowd Saturday (and the West Brom at home cup tie was poor, too), it is time we took the long view - as the club have done in other areas - and seize this opportunity.

Even if we lose, we can win over some folks with the manner of the performance and the size and support of the crowd. Let's not go out with a limp and the proverbial damp squid....

11 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

There were 7000 at the rugby on Sunday, plus 24500 against Leeds and 20000 tonight, that's 51500 people through the gates in 4 days, surely a club record

The amount of money being spent on tickets, food and drink must be adding up as well.

Pre development it would have probably taken 6 weeks to get close to the numbers I imagine they are turning.

Archived