IGNORED

crowd v palace

archie andrews

21 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

A cheap ticket knockout cup tie in half-term v a PL team is a night when many in attendance are now-and-again pick n choose their games supporters, and even some very probably who have tried a bit of lower league tinpot stuff (and not been "hooked") north of the river but might be undecided as to allegiance and up for going one way - south of the river - or the other, once and for all.

Tonight is an opportunity to reel a few more in, to grab some occasional, undecided types by the whatsits with a full blooded evening of end to end cup tie football exhiliration. We failed to do this a year ago v Hull, we botched our big day v Brum, we flunked in front of a big crowd Saturday (and the West Brom at home cup tie was poor, too), it is time we took the long view - as the club have done in other areas - and seize this opportunity.

Even if we lose, we can win over some folks with the manner of the performance and the size and support of the crowd. Let's not go out with a limp and the proverbial damp squid....

£5 for u-19s. Half Term. Bring the kids . Then they'll be supporting us vs. Man. Utd or Chelsea in the Quarter Finals :clapping:

Despite the poor performance/result on saturday there is a real feel good factor around the place at the minute. 

20,000 for a midweek cup game against an average premier league team is nothing short of superb. 

It helps that LJ seems to take cup competitions seriously, also the fact we are 90 mins away from a Quarter final,

which we will very likely get a massive team, or who knows a winnable game with a huge chance to get into the Semi final. 

If we were to win tonight and draw the winner of say B'Mouth Vs Boro at the gate.. then we have a very big chance of getting into the Semi final .

36 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Despite the poor performance/result on saturday there is a real feel good factor around the place at the minute. 

20,000 for a midweek cup game against an average premier league team is nothing short of superb. 

It helps that LJ seems to take cup competitions seriously, also the fact we are 90 mins away from a Quarter final,

which we will very likely get a massive team, or who knows a winnable game with a huge chance to get into the Semi final. 

If we were to win tonight and draw the winner of say B'Mouth Vs Boro at the gate.. then we have a very big chance of getting into the Semi final .

Probably get Leeds at home :shifty:

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Some great replies to my 20k question, good research all!

One of my oldest memories of watching City is a vague recollection of a Tinnion free kick against Charlton at the old open end. Can't remember anything more than that. Would that be the Charlton match in question?

Remember it well FA Cup 93-94 after we had won at Anfield at beaten Stockport 4-0 .

Drew 1-1 against Charlton and lost the replay 2-0

At 47.20 on here:

Wow!  Genuinely @Hillzider, thanks so much for that - for whatever reason that Tinnion free kick has stuck in my mind as one of my earliest football memories, and that's the first time I've ever seen it since!  My 10 year old self was in Dolman block A (or maybe B) that day.  Turns out how I remembered it in my mind's eye was pretty much exactly how it was.

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Wow!  Genuinely @Hillzider, thanks so much for that - for whatever reason that Tinnion free kick has stuck in my mind as one of my earliest football memories, and that's the first time I've ever seen it since!  My 10 year old self was in Dolman block A (or maybe B) that day.  Turns out how I remembered it in my mind's eye was pretty much exactly how it was.

Small world! I was in Dolman Block B that day and its a goal that I always remember.

Classic Tinman.

1 hour ago, Hillzider said:

Remember it well FA Cup 93-94 after we had won at Anfield at beaten Stockport 4-0 .

Drew 1-1 against Charlton and lost the replay 2-0

At 47.20 on here:

Thanks for that. I’d forgotten how dominant we were in the home match v Liverpool, probably because the focus is always on the replay win at Anfield. The replay shouldn’t have been needed given the amount of chances we had! Dave Martin’s performance that day really stands out. 

Archived