IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Crystal Palace FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread 13

Septic Peg

Good morrow fine gentlemens and maidens.

The MOTM curse has struck, the unbeaten run is over and Wickes have organised a BOGOF on Crown tins of matt emulsion...

Today is the 3rd premiership side we have faced this season and aim to be the first to actually give us a pasting as per the unwritten rule. Watford and Stoke both tried and failed. It's time for Palace to have a pop.

Crystal Palace is based in Croydon, a 'saff Landan' shithole and they are no novices to the Ashton Gate crowd. One of our most famous games included "that goal" and earned Mr Warnock his title as Colin and the second most hated opposition manager (after everyone's favourite sad gashead bastard)... 

Warnock is no more and instead, current chief in town is City and England reject Roy Hodgson. After only taking the reins a month ago, he is still bedding down and trying to salvage something from Palace's worst start in the Prem for years, so chances are Roy will be resting key players like Sakho and Zaha and instead will be playing fringe 1st team players and reserves... that old adage "concentrate on the league" will be heard from LJ or Roy tonight I can guarantee. Palace can't be all that bad though as that bought Bolasie off us and flogged him high, giving us a nice little bonus which is always helpful. 

A short and sweet one today for me folks. Which is also how I feel the game will go. With Korey and Bakes out til Saturday - unless Pisano gets a shout, move Bails back to CB and shove as much Burger King down Patto's throat and chuck him on the pitch - I feel our cup run will come to an end this evening.

Head says loss. Heart says draw and anyone's guess on pens (FRANKIE GOAL GIF???) Also don't forget it's ABBA... On this note, I will leave you with the words of gashead superfan Mark Watkins.

Good night and come on you Reds.

P.s. Snakes don't have noses... 

Will be listening as always,  although full time is passed my usual bedtime, being an old man.  Hoping for a clear win, obviously,  but it will all depend on LJ's team selection and which team wants it more than the other, hopefully Woy will be more concerned with Prem survival than a place in the final and put out a lot of reserves.  Still I expect a hard game and a win or loss by the odd goal, hope it doesn't go to penalties as that will mean a later night for me. Speak to you all later,  a 21.45 KO here.  COYR's!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Taking my girlfriend for her first game. Hope the lads don't put her off for life!

A tight 2-1 win to City for me.

Was stood on Parson Street with this bloke who'd obviously taken his girlfriend to the Leeds game, and she claimed that the only thing she'd learned is that "City are shit". They learn quick now eh.

36 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Good morrow fine gentlemens and maidens.

The MOTM curse has struck, the unbeaten run is over and Wickes have organised a BOGOF on Crown tins of matt emulsion...

Today is the 3rd premiership side we have faced this season and aim to be the first to actually give us a pasting as per the unwritten rule. Watford and Stoke both tried and failed. It's time for Palace to have a pop.

Crystal Palace is based in Croydon, a 'saff Landan' shithole and they are no novices to the Ashton Gate crowd. One of our most famous games included "that goal" and earned Mr Warnock his title as Colin and the second most hated opposition manager (after everyone's favourite sad gashead bastard)... 

Warnock is no more and instead, current chief in town is City and England reject Roy Hodgson. After only taking the reins a month ago, he is still bedding down and trying to salvage something from Palace's worst start in the Prem for years, so chances are Roy will be resting key players like Sakho and Zaha and instead will be playing fringe 1st team players and reserves... that old adage "concentrate on the league" will be heard from LJ or Roy tonight I can guarantee. Palace can't be all that bad though as that bought Bolasie off us and flogged him high, giving us a nice little bonus which is always helpful. 

A short and sweet one today for me folks. Which is also how I feel the game will go. With Korey and Bakes out til Saturday - unless Pisano gets a shout, move Bails back to CB and shove as much Burger King down Patto's throat and chuck him on the pitch - I feel our cup run will come to an end this evening.

Head says loss. Heart says draw and anyone's guess on pens (FRANKIE GOAL GIF???) Also don't forget it's ABBA... On this note, I will leave you with the words of gashead superfan Mark Watkins.

Good night and come on you Reds.

P.s. Snakes don't have noses... 

Matt Émulsion is awful . 

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Who scores and what times?

Arnold Garita scores a double perfect hat-trick, and then the Atyeo statue comes on as a sub for Bobby and scores an overhead kick so impressive the ref awards us 2 goals.

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Good for you, Tom. You know how to show a girl a good time…let's hope the lads don't let you down :city::thumbsup:

She's a fan of Bristol Rugby and she's going out with me so she's already primed for disappointment :cool:.

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Has anyone seen, tried or attempted to buy a Carabao energy drink?

It's absolutely ******* horrible. Can't word that strongly enough. ****, ****, **** ******* rancid vile drink.

Ah balls. 

No longer going to the game tonight.

Volunteering at FEAR Avon Valley (**** it, may as well plug it while I'm here). It's a Halloween event with a handful of horror mazes. One of them has been kept so secret that I've been volunteering down there for a couple of weeks and have no idea what the maze is like.

If anyone goes to it at any point, feel free to send me a PM and I'll try and get 5 mins off to buy you a pint if I'm there that night.(limited offer!)

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Ah balls. 

No longer going to the game tonight.

Volunteering at FEAR Avon Valley (**** it, may as well plug it while I'm here). It's a Halloween event with a handful of horror mazes. One of them has been kept so secret that I've been volunteering down there for a couple of weeks and have no idea what the maze is like.

If anyone goes to it at any point, feel free to send me a PM and I'll try and get 5 mins off to buy you a pint if I'm there 

Archived