IGNORED

Us & 7 Prem Teams

Cardy

7 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Mon the Bournemouth at home. Why can't we win this? People seem desperate to get knocked out. We could go to Wembley.

This is what im thinking now you know. Why not have a pop at going all the way, stranger things have happened in football.. If Leicester winning the Prem hasn't taught anything is possible in this game i dont know what will.

caw imagine winning the League cup mind, our first major trophy.. id die a happy man i tell you !

2 hours ago, palmerred said:

I love how people feel Leicester will not be a glamour tie, but lets not forget, 2 years ago they were the Premier League Champions, and last season's Quarter Finalists of the Champions League. They would be a bigger tie than West Ham, Everton or Bouremouth, and dare I say it possibly bigger than Arsenal's reserves. Leicester would play a full strength team and would be a big fixture.

They’re not a glamour tie in this context, some of the biggest prem sides are still in.

That said, hope we get Bournemouth at home. That’s a winnable tie. 

8 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

I've got a horrible feeling we'll draw Leicester City, or Bournemouth, away.

If we get Bournemouth away could we ask them to switch the tie so it was played at a proper ground?

#tinpotoutfit

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I am amazed that people are finding that certain fixtures would be unappealing.

We are in the QUARTER FINALS of the League cup.

Whomever or wherever we play this is the stuff that legends are made of .

We will sell out at Ashton Gate or our allocation of away tickets and our boys can be heroes ( as Bowie said ) .

This remarkable cup run has the potential to be remembered in our history. How many went to the Forest semis and still talk about it to this day ?

We are better equipped these days to progress and who is to say that we couldn't beat Man City , Arsenal or whoever we face .

We might get battered , only for the football gods to decide that it would be hilarious if Packy scored the winning goal at Old Trafford from 30 yards out ! 

This is why we love football because , though many of you will be smiling and thinking the Major's lost it again, it could happen.

I was there that day when ...

Agree with this Major. The only slightly gutting draw I can see would be Bournemouth away, purely because we'd be so limited in the numbers we could take. 

I'll take anyone at home.

2 hours ago, palmerred said:

I love how people feel Leicester will not be a glamour tie, but lets not forget, 2 years ago they were the Premier League Champions, and last season's Quarter Finalists of the Champions League. They would be a bigger tie than West Ham, Everton or Bouremouth, and dare I say it possibly bigger than Arsenal's reserves. Leicester would play a full strength team and would be a big fixture.

Including Leicester. Can you imagine Flinty chopping Vardy? Coz I can...

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

I'll take anyone at home.

Including Leicester. Can you imagine Flinty chopping Vardy? Coz I can...

Can you imagine Vardy simulating contract in the penalty area and winning a pen?

I can, he does about once a fortnight..

I love the fact that we are the last Championship team left in the League Cup.

Probably getting ahead of myself again, but it feels we are getting ever closer to the big time!

I sincerely hope that the profile of Bristol City Football Club is continuing to rise and we will soon be seen as one of the most progressive, developing teams in the Championship.  We need to keep the momentum going and drive this club up.  I want a day where all the young ones of this fine city of ours opt to support City before they pick any Premier League club - and the streets are full of kids wearing City shirts.

As a celebration to how well the club have done so far, If we are at home next round, we have to sell-out the ground!

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Spurs away. 2 birds with one stone..?! 

25 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Tottenham away, over 20,000 Reds at Wembley. Making it a night to remember. 

Despite the capacity IIRC there is a limit on away fans

Think it's about 3000 so, unless I've got it all wrong - not the tie you are eyeing

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

I love the fact that we are the last Championship team left in the League Cup.

Probably getting ahead of myself again, but it feels we are getting ever closer to the big time!

I sincerely hope that the profile of Bristol City Football Club is continuing to rise and we will soon be seen as one of the most progressive, developing teams in the Championship.  We need to keep the momentum going and drive this club up.  I want a day where all the young ones of this fine city of ours opt to support City before they pick any Premier League club - and the streets are full of kids wearing City shirts.

As a celebration to how well the club have done so far, If we are at home next round, we have to sell-out the ground!

Id like to hope that was a given! 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think it's about 3000 so, unless I've got it all wrong - not the tie you are eyeing

That's for a league match but surely a cup has different quotas.

personally I don't want to play Spurs until we go to their new ground. Done Wembley too many times now, (with the exception of a final of course!)

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

That's for a league match but surely a cup has different quotas.

personally I don't want to play Spurs until we go to their new ground. Done Wembley too many times now, (with the exception of a final of course!)

I may be wrong M but sure I read Barnsley were only given about 3000 tickets in last round

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Isn't it 10% minimum for away fans in cup matches ? But can give up to 20%.

Spurs have 54,000 Season ticket holders. They have given Real Madrid 10,000 for the Champions League match. 
Wembley can segregate entrances and away fans at present for Tottenham matches, get the West Corner 1st, 2nd and 3rd tier (around 9000 in league matches). There are 18,000 (10 blocks) of unsold and unused top tier seats on the West side of the stadium. Tier 5 can be kept completely separate. 

This will be a huge game if we get them. I would not be surprised if we were offered the top tier for the game, making it 24,500.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I may be wrong M but sure I read Barnsley were only given about 3000 tickets in last round

Barnsley were given an initial allocation of 3500 (Bottom tier in corner), They didn't sell out the allocation.

Expect as it was earlier round and not really gonna get fans to make a long journey.

The reality is the last 3 times we have played at Wembley we have sold the place out and had more fans than the other teams there.

Sky, The FA, Spurs and Police will know this and the prospect of a sold out Wembley, live on TV with a potential giant killing in a cup the sponsors are desperate to have take off again, could be just the boost the competition will look for.

I have no doubt for a quarter final, we will get the full 9K allocation and when it sells out, they will open up the remaining top tier unused blocks knowing it will sell out.

4 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Isn't it 10% minimum for away fans in cup matches ? But can give up to 20%.

Spurs have 54,000 Season ticket holders. They have given Real Madrid 10,000 for the Champions League match. 
Wembley can segregate entrances and away fans at present for Tottenham matches, get the West Corner 1st, 2nd and 3rd tier (around 9000 in league matches). There are 18,000 (10 blocks) of unsold and unused top tier seats on the West side of the stadium. Tier 5 can be kept completely separate. 

This will be a huge game if we get them. I would not be surprised if we were offered the top tier for the game, making it 24,500.

That sounds more sensible - Tried to have a look / check

But can only find the reference to Premier League Games

http://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2017/06/27/tottenham-offer-minimum-ticket-allocation-wembley-away-fans/

So hope you're right, if we draw them :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I am amazed that people are finding that certain fixtures would be unappealing.

We are in the QUARTER FINALS of the League cup.

Whomever or wherever we play this is the stuff that legends are made of .

We will sell out at Ashton Gate or our allocation of away tickets and our boys can be heroes ( as Bowie said ) .

This remarkable cup run has the potential to be remembered in our history. How many went to the Forest semis and still talk about it to this day ?

We are better equipped these days to progress and who is to say that we couldn't beat Man City , Arsenal or whoever we face .

We might get battered , only for the football gods to decide that it would be hilarious if Packy scored the winning goal at Old Trafford from 30 yards out ! 

This is why we love football because , though many of you will be smiling and thinking the Major's lost it again, it could happen.

I was there that day when ...

******* too right Major.

One of the main reasons I sit through shit like Saturday. For the “I was there moments....”

And being able to relive them and tell the kids in the hope that they’ll experience that too.

Me and two of them were there last night. Tillers acutely embarrassed when her old dad hollered at their keeper to get on his line - but that’s what dad’s are for isn’t it?

And we’ll be there wherever and whoever we get next.

Creating memories for when I’m dead. Our dad. Christ. What was he like? :shifty:

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

That's quite poor then, I know it's like that for the league as you said.

It's also 3K minimum. For The Liverpool Game they gave them more.

Spurs have access to the full 90K capacity.

They are giving 3K minimum, but they have given more on a couple of games already this season.

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Do we really think we need to reduce prices for our first quarter final since 1854 or whenever?  I'd be surprised if they did even against Bournemouth or Leicester.

We didn't sell out a last 16 game against premier league opposition. If its Chelsea, Utd, City etc then maybe £20 but would be better to sell out for this rather than overpricing tickets and getting 16/17000

Archived