IGNORED

Diedhiou

MC RISK77

Is it possible we’re overplaying the extent of his injury to keep Sunderland guessing?

Johnson has previous for this, I almost expect it now. 

Someone asked Famara on Twitter about the injury - he just replied ‘don’t worry’. Despite English being his second language, that’s awfully laissez faire for someone who’s got a bad knee injury.. 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Is it possible we’re overplaying the extent of his injury to keep Sunderland guessing?

Someone asked Famara on Twitter about the injury - he just replied ‘don’t worry’. Despite English being his second language, that’s awfully laissez faire for someone who’s got a bad knee injury.. 

Thanks for letting Sunderland know we will be fit to play 

32 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Thanks for letting Sunderland know we will be fit to play 

Haha, well what we do have is a range of styles and abilities to prepare for. Testament to the strength of the squad - offensively we’ve got the height and power of Đurić, the energy of Reid, the poaching of Taylor, the mayhem of Diedhiou and the.. erm.. and Woodrow.

Add to that the pace and trickery of Eliasson and Leko combined with the creativity of Paterson and O’Dowda.. there’s a lot to prepare for. 

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Absolutely. Was there anyone at AG on Tuesday who expected Pato to be in the squad let alone come on at the end?

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Hope not 3 months. But at least we have January. Mind you I am sure Đurić would have buried that header v Leeds!

I think we’ll be alright untill January. Plus we’ll have loanees coming back so no need in my eyes to buy. 

I'd like to see Sean McCoulsky brought back as he's not starting for Newport but has still managed to be top scorer.  Yes it's a big leap up to play in the Championship but natural goal scorers can often do it at all levels and he does look like he fits in that instinctive goal scorer category.  He might as well be on our bench and used as an impact player rather than be Newport's benched leading scorer.  7 goals from not a great amount of minutes on the pitch is impressive. I think Sean will be a better impact player to bring on rather than Cauley Woodrow.  

Archived