IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

We only get 45% of the gate money as do Manure so bumping up prices will not benefit us that much.

Assume 27,000 at difference between match day average price of £25 pp and a higher match price of £30 pp will only raise £61,000. Is it worth antagonising those who may come back again and again if we play well irrespective of result? We should be aiming to recruit more regulars and fill the stadium every week.

5 minutes ago, Tiree said:

loved the old voucher system. All non-ST holders have to go to the 3 or 4 previous home games plus one away game to have priority over a local Manchester fan living in Eastville

And with computerisation of all ticket sales you don't think this is very easy to do now then?

14 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

If someone is not already on the database couldn't the club say that they suspect these people are Man Utd fans and that causes a risk of trouble happening so their memberships are void?

Probably. If they can give lifetime bans without redress, they can certainly refund membership purchases. 

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

See post #83

You can’t have it both ways though. 

I think they will charge gold category prices. There won’t be a premium. But people demanding cheaper tickets for less attractive fixtures should be fully willing to pay extra for premium ties. 

Yeh let's call them Manchester, but when they say City they mean their main rivals.....there were Man U fans on Twitter today saying they'd probably 'draw City' in the league cup quarter final....total disrespect to ourselves and Leicester....arrogance!

There are even people on here who say 'City' meaning Man City - on a Bristol 'City' forum - unbelievable! 

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Everyone wants the maximum number of tickets to go to the most deserving. 

How that is achieved is anyone's guess. 

People's concerns here are perfectly valid given the opposition. 

Ok so no child tickets is a feasible and realistic suggestion? Complete bollocks.

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I hope you're right, I really do, but I'm not convinced the terms and conditions permit them to make the distinction between existing members and new ones. The stated benefits are exactly the same for people joining now as they were for those of us who joined in the summer.

Anyway I've appealed to the club via the Q&A to do the sensible and right thing, so we'll have to wait and see.

Guarantee there will be a clause somewhere that the club can effectively do what it likes. It's a private members club to all intent and purpose.

They can also stop selling memberships whenever they want and will have a cap well below the total capacity of the ground.

5 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Haha yeah whatever....they will sniff a chance of silver wear at this stage and play a stronger side... we wil, one bit I guess your post was looking for a bite anyway 

I guess it depends I think another poster said they have 6 games in 18 days....if so I wouldn't be surprised to see a weaker side.....but mourinho clears values the trophy more than Wenger and conte 

22 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

If by some miracle I do get a ticket then I will gladly give it away .... Man U started this current rot in top flight football and all those of you who worship at their temple ... get a life.  Remember how they were the first and only team to not appear in the FA Cup because of commercial interests elsewhere .. FC United are the real team ... 

I've followed City for 68 years and I, like many other regulars, will be going to support our City as we do whoever we play. We were there for Plymouth and we'd be there if it was Bournemouth and not Man U. As we pulled in 20,000 of our fans against Palace reserves, then with another 2,000 away, that leaves only 3,000 more for a last 8 game whichever club we had drawn.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

My little un took her I-pad as she is 6 but likes to spend time with her Dad as I do with her so she comes to football with me.

She watches the game then gets bored so rather than me have to take her home I let her play On the iPad. 

Not that I’m particuarly bothered it annoyed you but why would it? Does it impact your match day experience?

Ditto I took my 7 year old vs Leeds and she had a mobile to play on. I take her cos wants to spend time with me and I'm hoping she can get into football.

My first game at Ashton Gate was the 1-1 draw against Manchester in 1979. Incredible that we've only played them once since then (the away fixture a few months later).

Will always be grateful to my Dad for taking me and getting me hooked although there were a few lean years after that final season in the top division.

6 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Haha yeah whatever....they will sniff a chance of silver wear at this stage and play a stronger side... we wil, one bit I guess your post was looking for a bite anyway 

Seems Utd have 8 games in 24 days including champions league, Arsenal and Man City. Only thing being West Brom and Leicester are either side of our game.

26 minutes ago, Londoner said:

After the delight of drawing man Utd in the cup came the despair. Rather than people celebrating and acknowledging one our biggest game in years, and all the positives we get with it, we receive fans moaning and arguing about tickets and how their individual view should be the way forward.

First we've had season ticket holders only, then don't allow new members, then don't give a full away allocation, and now seeing no child prices.

This all screams of selfishness by posters who create these threads, a singlemindedness and superiority in order for THEM to gain.

Quite frankly, I'm not a season ticket holder, and I doubt very much I will be able to get a ticket to the game.....but I will not start making pointless demands in order to suit myself and for me to gain.

The fact is people are going to miss out, that's life.....we are not in s communist state and quite probably people who have never seen city before will get tickets when hardened fans won't.....move on.

As much as I would like to be there, I will settle for 2nd best.....no doubt on the box and enjoy watching players against some of the best in the world.

Let's enjoy the moment but this nonsense and self importance (which of course is something you will never see me do) is very tiresome and lacks class.

Couldn't agree more...

I'm in London too and I've already accepted this won't get anywhere near general sale. 

But does that mean I'm bitter? No.

Should every purchaser be able to somehow prove their level of support through evidence or a Q&A? No.

Does it need to turn into a "I'm more if a supporter than you type posts? Please God no.

It is what it is. It's supply and demand. That's the way it goes... 

But credit where credits due, with some posters already offering their season ticket to genuine fans on other threads. Fair play...

1 hour ago, palmerred said:

Okay maybe I was a bit OTT but what I mean is the club need to be strict on how they sell tickets for this game, if thy give season ticket holders a x2 or x4 option, it's gonna defeat the loyalty points and membeship system. 

With 13,000 ST's and 4,000 away fans that leaves only 10,000 for Members and regular non members. I doubt that ST holders will be offered the chance to get extra tickets because there aren't enough spare to offer ST's plus one.

I don't have a season ticket because of work commitments but have a forever Bristol membership with plenty of history so I'm going to be pretty p***ed if I can't get two tickets for me and my lad.ive had season tickets in the past and I hope the club do the right thing and make sure our home ends will be city through and through!!

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Same here. Advised anyone who’s asked about Man Utd  tickets to purchase a 1/2 season ticket....

Draw couldn’t have a better time to launch the 1/2 season card. 

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Guess what @palmerred? I’ve got 4 season tickets and have just paid £85 to buy 4 memberships for my brother who lives in France.

He’s Bristolian like me and follows City when he can.

Fingers crossed we’re able to get 8 tickets. If we do and if any of my 3 can’t make it you can have first dibs. On me.

You are fast turning out to be one of the most generous posters on here....kit, tickets etc.  Fair play to you. :clap:

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Club reduces prices when its unattractive opposition, the fans almost demand it.

Only right therefore that they price this game to get the maximum revenue. I expect and wouldnt begrudge paying £50+. Maybe knock off a tenner as a goodwill gesture for season ticket holder

What a selfish attitude. Whilst you may not begrudge it and can obviously afford £50 plus there are 1000's of us and families who have shelled out £300 plus for a ST and £50 plus for one game would be unaffordable/impossible to justify! 

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Same here. Advised anyone who’s asked about Man Utd  tickets to purchase a 1/2 season ticket....

There is plenty of time for the marketing bods to get this right. With our current form coupled with this draw how can they not maximise 1/2 season card sales.:fingerscrossed:

Archived