IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

23 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Ok so no child tickets is a feasible and realistic suggestion? Complete bollocks.

That was one person. Beyond that, the consensus view is clearly that each STH and member should get one each with priority given to existing members rather than those joining today.

I see no reason why people shouldn't state their desire to see tickets distributed in the fairest way possible. That appears to be the overriding view, rather than the selfishness you claim.

4 hours ago, oldrosie said:

To be honest, even if I was offered a free ticket .... I would rather watch the Radstock versus Welton game.  City v Man Utd will be hyped. Skyed.  The club will make various 'offers' to enable casuals to get a ticket. The game will prove a distraction to the main event which is games like this week in and week out.  It places the club in a sellers' market so just wait for the 'buy this and but that' deals to get a ticket.  Life is just too short ... and omg ... the Upper Tier might be fully opened ... enjoy being exploited and ripped off ... 

Darn, we were looking for a bloke like you to make up numbers for next weeks stag party

2 minutes ago, Cider Army said:

I don't have a season ticket because of work commitments but have a forever Bristol membership with plenty of history so I'm going to be pretty p***ed if I can't get two tickets for me and my lad.ive had season tickets in the past and I hope the club do the right thing and make sure our home ends will be city through and through!!

You won't get two tickets , no chance. It will be one ticket per person for STH. Be nice if it was two tickets for STH+ because i'm one of them ;)but it won't be. That's 13,500 ish

Mancs probably get whole of the Atyeo so that's 3,700 going on Leeds allocation. 17,200 Just under 10,000 tickets left for members then any left for general sale. Be interesting to know how many STH+ there are really.

I also don’t see where the ‘fear’ (hysteria?!) that season ticket holders will be able to buy more than one ticket is coming from. I expect ST holder’s own seat to be reserved as usual - nothing more. We all know that if we want to guarantee a seat at cup matches (and league of course) we need to buy a season ticket. If we don’t, there is a chance we will miss out. Simple really. 

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

All those trying to buy memberships are likely to be Man Utd fans.

That’s certainly not true. 

City supporters who live out of the area or just attend occasionally may well now apply. Of course neutrals and plastic Man U fans will do the same, but you can’t assume they are the only ones.

My son is living in London, is a regular poster on OTIB but has applied for membership today.

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You won't get two tickets , no chance. It will be one ticket per person for STH. Be nice if it was two tickets for STH+ because i'm one of them ;)but it won't be. That's 13,500 ish

Mancs probably get whole of the Atyeo so that's 3,700 going on Leeds allocation. 17,200 Just under 10,000 tickets left for members then any left for general sale. Be interesting to know how many STH+ there are really.

Sorry I mean me and my lad have a membership each.

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Steele must play, I think the outfield 10 will depend on who's been playing/fit etc. in the few games beforehand. Would hope a few youngsters got game time.

Steele is ex-Man Utd, as is Brownhill.  Paterson was their as a kid.  Flint is a big fan.

I expect the match will be played on Wednesday 20th Dec. Man Utd play WBA on Sunday 17th Dec, so doubt Utd would be made to play on Tuesday 19th Dec. 

Bournemouth are playing LFC in the late Sunday match (17th Dec), so I expect that will be the other match on the Wednesday.

So I expect the Arsenal vs WHU to be live (on Sky) on the Tuesday, and ours live the next evening.

COYR.

36 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Ok so no child tickets is a feasible and realistic suggestion? Complete bollocks.

Yes, that probably is. For the most part, however, most comments stem from the same desire to see fairness. 

There's little more to it than that. 

2 hours ago, Tiree said:

calm down this is 8 weeks away (minus 24 hrs). A lot will happen with injuries, suspensions, players being prepared to leave (assuming we want players inbound in Jan) and surely this OP is joking or gas. I recall a lot of other 'jokers' a few months agao saying they thought Johnson had lost the plot. One poster even suggested a taxi for Lee; i suspect he now wants him on a 10 year contract!! Strange world and fickle Forumites

Will be a great night with another full house and a chance to show off our illustrious owner, Management team and marketing might with a lot of new half-season ticket holders. I reckon many will now commit to STs if they are guaranteed a ticket for the Qtr final (and of course the semis!!)

Johnson had lost the plot

3 hours ago, cityfan101 said:

couldnt disagree more. we have billionaire owner  so were doing more than fine for finances these days we are making lots of this cup this year aswell . huddersfield charged 199 quid for season tickets this year..that says it all. so there is no need at all to raise prices. especially to season ticket holders. yes maybe 30quid to non member non season ticket holderd but 15 should be spot on

8 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

What a selfish attitude. Whilst you may not begrudge it and can obviously afford £50 plus there are 1000's of us and families who have shelled out £300 plus for a ST and £50 plus for one game would be unaffordable/impossible to justify! 

Pricing is emotive. I'd have no problem with them pricing it as a gold category game  but if they went higher than this I'd consider not attending on principle. Even on this basis (with a £5 discount on the headline price) they'd be getting a 50% premium on my cost per match with a season card. Can't really begrudge that when I've paid a grand total of £40 for three cup ties for a good Lower Lansdown seat (I'm usually in the Dolman).

However, it is mightly close to Christmas so there might not be much spare cash floating about in some households. better make it silver prices then!

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The club must resist any temptation to allocate to all home ticket holders those monstrously ghastly "clacker" devices of the type issued to Leicester fans during their Prem-winning season. I've heard other clubs using them since.

Not at Ashton Gate, thanks.

There is a risk, they put them out for the rugby for the play-offs a couple of years ago!

I would also recommend that those thinking about buying a half season ticket because of the Man U match check first that this will give them eligibility. I’d be doubtful that it would given the half season ticket doesn’t start until Boxing Day (after the cup match).

46 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Haha yeah whatever....they will sniff a chance of silver wear at this stage and play a stronger side... we wil, one bit I guess your post was looking for a bite anyway 

No I actually think we can take them at AG.  They’ll be bricking it at the thought of losing to us, how many places above us are they anyway?

Edit - 25, the Sags are 33 below us.  How confident would you be going to the mem really?

Stop buying the hype of the premier league, all this sycophantic bullshit about Man U is already starting to piss me off.

Will anyone have any spare tickets for the UNITED game? My wife, daughter in law, her mother, my next door neighbours friend and the paper boy want tickets. If anyone won't be able to attend that game, could they send me their tickets please. I'll obviously get the money off of those people and send it to you. Or if you give me your bank details and passwords, I'll transfer the cash straight over.

Thanks in advance,

Robin swyne.

When I see a bona fide sell out, I'm discounting the first two rows of Atyeo is it. Am also perhaps discounting the reduction in S82.

Was Birmingham officially sold out? I know it said so, but there definitely would have been empty seats in places.

Plus remember segregation between S82 and Birmingham fans- so perhaps it will be biggest attendance since the redevelopment.

Archived