IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I hope you're right, I really do, but I'm not convinced the terms and conditions permit them to make the distinction between existing members and new ones. The stated benefits are exactly the same for people joining now as they were for those of us who joined in the summer.

Anyway I've appealed to the club via the Q&A to do the sensible and right thing, so we'll have to wait and see.

when we went to the play off final, I bought my first season ticket for the next season before the tickets for the final went on sale. I wasn't able to get priority and had to wait for general sale. 

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You won't get two tickets , no chance. It will be one ticket per person for STH. Be nice if it was two tickets for STH+ because i'm one of them ;)but it won't be. That's 13,500 ish

Mancs probably get whole of the Atyeo so that's 3,700 going on Leeds allocation. 17,200 Just under 10,000 tickets left for members then any left for general sale. Be interesting to know how many STH+ there are really.

Be nice if there could be some kind of segregation in there to allow more City fans in. We only have to give 10% I think after segregation so say 2,500 to the Mancs. Surely possible to therefore get 7/800 of our fans minimum into the Atyeo as well? You see Prem games where segregation is literally a line of stewards between sets of fans so it's got to be possible. Let's try and get as many City in as we can and get the place rocking. 

I'm not looking forward to seeing any United players - just wanna see our guys try their hearts out. It's more than likely that we will  get thrashed....but so what? We will have played four premier league (not premiership) teams and stuffed three of them. What a great achievement....let's not underestimate how far we have gone in this competition...

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Be nice if there could be some kind of segregation in there to allow more City fans in. We only have to give 10% I think after segregation so say 2,500 to the Mancs. Surely possible to therefore get 7/800 of our fans minimum into the Atyeo as well? You see Prem games where segregation is literally a line of stewards between sets of fans so it's got to be possible. Let's try and get as many City in as we can and get the place rocking. 

Can't see it to be honest, easier to police as it is

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm not looking forward to seeing any United players - just wanna see our guys try their hearts out. It's more than likely that we will  get thrashed....but so what? We will have played four premier league (not premiership) teams and stuffed three of them. What a great achievement....let's not underestimate how far we have gone in this competition...

:clapping::city:

Like the original poster, as a Bedfordshire exile and non- season ticket holder, I won't get near a ticket. And that's absolutely fine, because as a supporter for 45 years, I saw United at AG 4 times in the late 70's. Great memories, although unlike against Arsenal or Liverpool, say, I don't remember many positive results. ( Missed the 0-3 away triumph, though my best mate went as a sponsors guest and still has the match ball). Stick around long enough and you'll have plenty of opportunities for great games. Hope all who go have a memorable night.

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

My little un took her I-pad as she is 6 but likes to spend time with her Dad as I do with her so she comes to football with me.

She watches the game then gets bored so rather than me have to take her home I let her play On the iPad. 

Not that I’m particuarly bothered it annoyed you but why would it? Does it impact your match day experience?

I kept watching over someone’s shoulder on Tuesday. Totally distracted me from the game, looked like interesting stuff though think it was an arts and crafts sorta thing. 

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Will anyone have any spare tickets for the UNITED game? My wife, daughter in law, her mother, my next door neighbours friend and the paper boy want tickets. If anyone won't be able to attend that game, could they send me their tickets please. I'll obviously get the money off of those people and send it to you. Or if you give me your bank details and passwords, I'll transfer the cash straight over.

Thanks in advance,

Robin swyne.

Who ?!

Do you mean the Manchester game ?

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Can't see it to be honest, easier to police as it is

Where there's a will there's a way and all that. Club should be pulling out all the stops where it can for this one imho. This is one off after all (for the time being at least). 

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

Will anyone have any spare tickets for the UNITED game? My wife, daughter in law, her mother, my next door neighbours friend and the paper boy want tickets. If anyone won't be able to attend that game, could they send me their tickets please. I'll obviously get the money off of those people and send it to you. Or if you give me your bank details and passwords, I'll transfer the cash straight over.

Thanks in advance,

Robin swyne.

I notice that your telephone number starts 009 :)

10 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Not even the best manager in the prem for me, Pep a class above. 

Anyway, agree with your sentiments, a hugely exciting tie. Martial and Pogba are the ones I'm looking forward to seeing if they play

Totally agree. Pep provides results and entertaining football which is what I would pay to watch.

6 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Got to be hinestthis is a cracking draw and I hope we can give them a game that said it will be great to see some world class players on show such as potentially Mata and Ibra. Would really like to see Ibra as he has had a superb career. 

Also be great to see arguably the best manager in the world at our place! 

TBH, I don't care about seeing "Ibra"

I don't care about seeing "Mata"

I don't care about seeing "Jose"

I care about seeing Frank, Luke, Eros, Zac, Joe, Hörður, Jens, Bailey, Aden, Nathan, Josh, Cal, Jamie, Korey, Marlon, Jamie, Nic, Matty, Bobby, Fam, Milan and whoever I've missed.

Sorry OP, not getting at you personally, but we are BCFC. I am BCFC. Put Man U up against us - yes, the challenge is greater but is the enjoyment? I get far more from Korey Smith doing 50% of Ibras skill than I do from 100% of Zlatans.

In summary - sod them. There have been too many threads saying how lucky we are. We're here on merit. We ain't going anywhere - and if anyone from Manchester sees this as an easy ride - think again

23 minutes ago, eardun said:

I also don’t see where the ‘fear’ (hysteria?!) that season ticket holders will be able to buy more than one ticket is coming from. I expect ST holder’s own seat to be reserved as usual - nothing more. We all know that if we want to guarantee a seat at cup matches (and league of course) we need to buy a season ticket. If we don’t, there is a chance we will miss out. Simple really. 

....and all those who threw their toys out of the pram last season stating " I won't be renewing my season ticket whilst LJ is in charge" may now not get a ticket.

What a shame!

I wonder if they now regret their actions!

3 minutes ago, Bs11lad said:

Not "jizzing"myself, but looking forward to seeing how far we have progressed 

Kind of where I am.

Yes, it's a great fun draw against a huge team we have not played seemingly for decades.

Equally, let's not sanctify them. It is to them the 4th most important competition they are in, and very unlikely to be a first 11. We are at home, and should go in to this confident and looking to win. I see no reason why not.

21 minutes ago, eardun said:

I would also recommend that those thinking about buying a half season ticket because of the Man U match check first that this will give them eligibility. I’d be doubtful that it would given the half season ticket doesn’t start until Boxing Day (after the cup match).

I'd recommend they just buy. If it doesn't provide entitlement then it serves you right. 

Just come and enjoy the remaining league games ffs. 

Hasnt it always been the case that sc holders get first dibs, then members then general sale if any left.  Why change it?

Manchester fans should be given the whole away end to avoid any revenue loss due to segregation.

The prices could be interesting, too low and revenue will be lost and too high, the club will be accused of ripping fans off. I' expecting circa £30.

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Membership or not, if any plastic Mancs get hold of tickets in any home stand and make themselves known through wearing Utd kit or cheering when they score, they'll be chucked out. It's a criminal offence to buy a ticket in the wrong end 

Correct.

Is it a criminal offence or a football regulations one?

Nonetheless, they would be ejected by a steward- or the home fans maybe. :whistle2:

Archived