IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

37 minutes ago, Redfield red said:

Chris garland testimonial... suspicious  crowd-pleasing (unlikely) 3-3 scoreline!

The first and penultimate time we sung "Ian Brown Brown Brown". (Not him, but shout out to those of you who know who I'm taking about).

Only first season watching City after coming to England and quick lesson in what day tripping sheep look like.

23 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Lets not jizz ourselves over this.

Indeed. It's a cracking draw, very exciting, I get that. However there's a few behaving like we're a non-league outfit having a big day out, as opposed to a team who's already seen off 3 teams from the same league that United are in, the league that we aspire to reach. That's not to say we'd beat them, whatever side they put out will be packed with quality that any neutral observer would expect to be too much for us, but you can bet LJ won't be expecting our lads to stand back and gaze in awe.

24 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Got to be hinestthis is a cracking draw and I hope we can give them a game that said it will be great to see some world class players on show such as potentially Mata and Ibra. Would really like to see Ibra as he has had a superb career. 

Also be great to see arguably the best manager in the world at our place! 

To think that some claimed on here last season that 80% of the fans wanted him sacked!

I've no idea who plays for ManUre (any English players?) and don't really care.  I can say though that this is their Cup Final so we better be up for it.

2 hours ago, tomo said:

Lets call them Manchester shall we?

We ALL know that over the next 8 weeks the most important task is our Championship Fixtures, starting Saturday against Sunderland...BUT...

Let's also enjoy the Cup Draw against Manchester - I like using that term as a previous poster has pointed out...the Mancs will just refer to us as Bristol!

Enjoy the stats!

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Manchester United/

Not a lot of people know that we went unbeaten against Manchester, for forty six years. That's a good record.

21 minutes ago, Bs11lad said:

Not "jizzing"myself, but looking forward to seeing how far we have progressed 

But some of the overreaction is a bit silly, people saying that they can't wait to see the greatest team in the world at little old Ashton Gate, bit tinpot isn't it?

Sun 10 Dec - Man U v Man C

Wed 13 Dec - Man U v Bournemouth

Sun 17 Dec - WBA v Man U (2.15)

Tue/Wed 19/20 Dec - City v Man U

Sat 23 Dec - Leicester v Man U (7.45)

Tue 26 Dec - Man U v Burnley

Sat 30 Dec - Man U v Soton

Looking at the above you have to think that Mourinho will absolutely decimate the team he sends to AG - he loves making 'statement' team selections, so I'm expecting to see a very, very young side (much weaker than his Swansea team).

Obviously we have our own congested fixture list and we won't know what our injury/suspension picture will be until the week of the game, but you'd have to expect LJ to put out something close to his strongest team.

Never mind the 'glam tie' sideshow (slightly embarrassing IMO), what it adds up to is a fantastic opportunity to reach the last 4 of the third biggest domestic trophy.

But let's park it and concentrate on Sunderland and Fulham - hopefully the club will avoid too much "Man U are coming to town" sh1te until we get very close to the game (ticket info aside) so LJ and the players don't lose focus.

Exciting times though :-)

55 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Got to be hinestthis is a cracking draw and I hope we can give them a game that said it will be great to see some world class players on show such as potentially Mata and Ibra. Would really like to see Ibra as he has had a superb career. 

Also be great to see arguably the best manager in the world at our place! 

Tbf he is at all of our games :whistle:

Archived