Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

kivsy

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

I would also recommend that those thinking about buying a half season ticket because of the Man U match check first that this will give them eligibility. I’d be doubtful that it would given the half season ticket doesn’t start until Boxing Day (after the cup match).

46 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Haha yeah whatever....they will sniff a chance of silver wear at this stage and play a stronger side... we wil, one bit I guess your post was looking for a bite anyway 

No I actually think we can take them at AG.  They’ll be bricking it at the thought of losing to us, how many places above us are they anyway?

Edit - 25, the Sags are 33 below us.  How confident would you be going to the mem really?

Stop buying the hype of the premier league, all this sycophantic bullshit about Man U is already starting to piss me off.

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 1

Will anyone have any spare tickets for the UNITED game? My wife, daughter in law, her mother, my next door neighbours friend and the paper boy want tickets. If anyone won't be able to attend that game, could they send me their tickets please. I'll obviously get the money off of those people and send it to you. Or if you give me your bank details and passwords, I'll transfer the cash straight over.

Thanks in advance,

Robin swyne.

• Haha 3
  • Snake 1

When I see a bona fide sell out, I'm discounting the first two rows of Atyeo is it. Am also perhaps discounting the reduction in S82.

Was Birmingham officially sold out? I know it said so, but there definitely would have been empty seats in places.

Plus remember segregation between S82 and Birmingham fans- so perhaps it will be biggest attendance since the redevelopment.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

We need to concentrate on our league fixtures now.

We can worry about Manchester closer to the date.

The Christmas period directly after the Manchester game is going to be very important.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Also be great to see arguably the best manager in the world at our place! 

Certainly the most annoying, miserable and least charismatic one I can think of. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Not even the best manager in the prem for me, Pep a class above. 

Anyway, agree with your sentiments, a hugely exciting tie. Martial and Pogba are the ones I'm looking forward to seeing if they play

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I hope you're right, I really do, but I'm not convinced the terms and conditions permit them to make the distinction between existing members and new ones. The stated benefits are exactly the same for people joining now as they were for those of us who joined in the summer.

Anyway I've appealed to the club via the Q&A to do the sensible and right thing, so we'll have to wait and see.

when we went to the play off final, I bought my first season ticket for the next season before the tickets for the final went on sale. I wasn't able to get priority and had to wait for general sale. 

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

Lets not jizz ourselves over this.

Quite.

Manchester are likely to have a number of their big names on the bench. Doubtful they will even get on the pitch, unless by some miracle we are winning with 10 minutes to go !

• Like 1

It will sell out.

But watch capacity drop to 24,999 for the previous home game (assuming we are 25k plus for the two running up to it)

Pretty sure that if we hit 25k for 3 consecutive games the club are liable for the cost of some sort of parking scheme.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You won't get two tickets , no chance. It will be one ticket per person for STH. Be nice if it was two tickets for STH+ because i'm one of them ;)but it won't be. That's 13,500 ish

Mancs probably get whole of the Atyeo so that's 3,700 going on Leeds allocation. 17,200 Just under 10,000 tickets left for members then any left for general sale. Be interesting to know how many STH+ there are really.

Be nice if there could be some kind of segregation in there to allow more City fans in. We only have to give 10% I think after segregation so say 2,500 to the Mancs. Surely possible to therefore get 7/800 of our fans minimum into the Atyeo as well? You see Prem games where segregation is literally a line of stewards between sets of fans so it's got to be possible. Let's try and get as many City in as we can and get the place rocking. 

• Like 3

Just now, ziderheadarmy said:

It will just be a pleasure and hopefully trailer to what we will see week in week out when we reach the prem...

Prem? Don't you mean.... 

Monday in Sunday out. Friday in Wednesday out. Saturday in Tuesday out. 

I'm not looking forward to seeing any United players - just wanna see our guys try their hearts out. It's more than likely that we will  get thrashed....but so what? We will have played four premier league (not premiership) teams and stuffed three of them. What a great achievement....let's not underestimate how far we have gone in this competition...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I am a dual ST holder, City and Bris, but will be very surprised if that qualifies me for more than one ticket.

Was more replying to someone earlier that mentioned a membership cap. Bris STHs would also be part of the figure 

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Be nice if there could be some kind of segregation in there to allow more City fans in. We only have to give 10% I think after segregation so say 2,500 to the Mancs. Surely possible to therefore get 7/800 of our fans minimum into the Atyeo as well? You see Prem games where segregation is literally a line of stewards between sets of fans so it's got to be possible. Let's try and get as many City in as we can and get the place rocking. 

Can't see it to be honest, easier to police as it is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm not looking forward to seeing any United players - just wanna see our guys try their hearts out. It's more than likely that we will  get thrashed....but so what? We will have played four premier league (not premiership) teams and stuffed three of them. What a great achievement....let's not underestimate how far we have gone in this competition...

:clapping::city:

• Like 1

Like the original poster, as a Bedfordshire exile and non- season ticket holder, I won't get near a ticket. And that's absolutely fine, because as a supporter for 45 years, I saw United at AG 4 times in the late 70's. Great memories, although unlike against Arsenal or Liverpool, say, I don't remember many positive results. ( Missed the 0-3 away triumph, though my best mate went as a sponsors guest and still has the match ball). Stick around long enough and you'll have plenty of opportunities for great games. Hope all who go have a memorable night.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

My little un took her I-pad as she is 6 but likes to spend time with her Dad as I do with her so she comes to football with me.

She watches the game then gets bored so rather than me have to take her home I let her play On the iPad. 

Not that I’m particuarly bothered it annoyed you but why would it? Does it impact your match day experience?

I kept watching over someone’s shoulder on Tuesday. Totally distracted me from the game, looked like interesting stuff though think it was an arts and crafts sorta thing. 

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Will anyone have any spare tickets for the UNITED game? My wife, daughter in law, her mother, my next door neighbours friend and the paper boy want tickets. If anyone won't be able to attend that game, could they send me their tickets please. I'll obviously get the money off of those people and send it to you. Or if you give me your bank details and passwords, I'll transfer the cash straight over.

Thanks in advance,

Robin swyne.

Who ?!

Do you mean the Manchester game ?

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Can't see it to be honest, easier to police as it is

Where there's a will there's a way and all that. Club should be pulling out all the stops where it can for this one imho. This is one off after all (for the time being at least). 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

Thanks in advance,

Robin swyne.

I notice that your telephone number starts 009 :)

10 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Not even the best manager in the prem for me, Pep a class above. 

Anyway, agree with your sentiments, a hugely exciting tie. Martial and Pogba are the ones I'm looking forward to seeing if they play

Totally agree. Pep provides results and entertaining football which is what I would pay to watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

We don't know yet that Sky has selected this match as one of the two live games. 

Is this a joke? Have they ever chosen not to show Manure? 

23 minutes ago, eardun said:

I also don’t see where the ‘fear’ (hysteria?!) that season ticket holders will be able to buy more than one ticket is coming from. I expect ST holder’s own seat to be reserved as usual - nothing more. We all know that if we want to guarantee a seat at cup matches (and league of course) we need to buy a season ticket. If we don’t, there is a chance we will miss out. Simple really. 

....and all those who threw their toys out of the pram last season stating " I won't be renewing my season ticket whilst LJ is in charge" may now not get a ticket.

What a shame!

I wonder if they now regret their actions!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bs11lad said:

Not "jizzing"myself, but looking forward to seeing how far we have progressed 

Kind of where I am.

Yes, it's a great fun draw against a huge team we have not played seemingly for decades.

Equally, let's not sanctify them. It is to them the 4th most important competition they are in, and very unlikely to be a first 11. We are at home, and should go in to this confident and looking to win. I see no reason why not.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eardun said:

I would also recommend that those thinking about buying a half season ticket because of the Man U match check first that this will give them eligibility. I’d be doubtful that it would given the half season ticket doesn’t start until Boxing Day (after the cup match).

I'd recommend they just buy. If it doesn't provide entitlement then it serves you right. 

Just come and enjoy the remaining league games ffs. 

• Like 2

Hasnt it always been the case that sc holders get first dibs, then members then general sale if any left.  Why change it?

Manchester fans should be given the whole away end to avoid any revenue loss due to segregation.

The prices could be interesting, too low and revenue will be lost and too high, the club will be accused of ripping fans off. I' expecting circa £30.

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Membership or not, if any plastic Mancs get hold of tickets in any home stand and make themselves known through wearing Utd kit or cheering when they score, they'll be chucked out. It's a criminal offence to buy a ticket in the wrong end 

Correct.

Is it a criminal offence or a football regulations one?

Nonetheless, they would be ejected by a steward- or the home fans maybe. :whistle2:

8 minutes ago, Red Tel said:

I notice that your telephone number starts 009 :)

I will only give you my full number when you PM me your bank details. I'm not stupid.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

yeah.  Youre just a small town near Rochdale, small town near Rooooochdale.  That'll tell em

That's not fair. Salford is, in fact, quite a big city. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Correct.

Is it a criminal offence or a football regulations one?

Nonetheless, they would be ejected by a steward- or the home fans maybe. :whistle2:

And banned for life. 

37 minutes ago, Redfield red said:

Chris garland testimonial... suspicious  crowd-pleasing (unlikely) 3-3 scoreline!

The first and penultimate time we sung "Ian Brown Brown Brown". (Not him, but shout out to those of you who know who I'm taking about).

Only first season watching City after coming to England and quick lesson in what day tripping sheep look like.

• Haha 1

Fewer tickets available to sell and a requirement for more stewarding increasing costs means we may as well just give them the entire away end, more space in the away end means less of them trying to get in the home end as well. 

Edited by hodge