IGNORED

RIP Darren Hawkins. UPDATE: Link to Just giving fundraising page added

HarriboSauce

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

He was in my year at school (Downend School) or maybe the year below. I didn't really know him but I remember all the promise he showed as a City youngster. 33 is no age. Really sad. :(

Snap. Really nice guy, also used to bump into him a lot in my late teens on nights out in the centre - always had a good chat. Been years since I saw him.

Hope the club recognise it in some way at the Cardiff game.

12 minutes ago, City_pete1 said:

Snap. Really nice guy, also used to bump into him a lot in my late teens on nights out in the centre - always had a good chat. Been years since I saw him.

Hope the club recognise it in some way at the Cardiff game.

It would be nice but it`s a bit of a tricky one what with it being our `Remembrance` game - they said on Sky today it would be for clubs that were away today.

2 hours ago, Red34 said:

FYI his father has set up a JustGiving page due to the sheer cost of the funeral (1st Dec, 14:45 at Westerleigh) and give Darren's 4 children a good Christmas and any essentials they need given their father is no longer with us to help provide:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/chris-hawkins-1?utm_id=2&utm_term=wa4jbYArd

Thank you so much Red34 for bumping this thread.

I really would like to appeal to all City fans for any support you can offer for Darren's young children at this difficult time 

Thank You all.

1 hour ago, Lympstone1 said:

Thank you so much Red34 for bumping this thread.

I really would like to appeal to all City fans for any support you can offer for Darren's young children at this difficult time 

Thank You all.

No problem at all, and my condolences on your loss - thoughts are with you and the rest of his family, particularly the children.

Might be worth the mods updating the title to reflect the collection - @Dollymarie, @phantom or @Tomarse - anyone able to help or advise?  Thanks

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Red34 said:

No problem at all, and my condolences on your loss - thoughts are with you and the rest of his family, particularly the children.

Might be worth the mods updating the title to reflect the collection - @Dollymarie, @phantom or @Tomarse - anyone able to help or advise?  Thanks

All done @Red34 :thumbsup:

On 11/28/2017 at 10:41, Red34 said:

FYI his father has set up a JustGiving page due to the sheer cost of the funeral (1st Dec, 14:45 at Westerleigh) and give Darren's 4 children a good Christmas and any essentials they need given their father is no longer with us to help provide:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/chris-hawkins-1?utm_id=2&utm_term=wa4jbYArd

A player who had an affinity with both sides of Bristol football. Can only imagine what his family are going through. Heartbreaking.

This time of year can be pretty awful sometimes. I hope both Blue and Red can come together and help out these kids who must be devastated beyond belief. Lets do this.

On 11/26/2017 at 19:12, where's the joy said:

great comeback at hull,

great result at wolves earlier in the season

BUT my happiest memory of City scoring 3 away from home was this game at Leicester City

what is your favourite 3 away from home by the city?

Remember those two goals especially Ivans.. His best in a City shirt. Absolute cracker.

On 11/26/2017 at 19:32, View from the Dolman said:

That night at Leicester was certainly a special one and an emotional one for Ivan after his family tragedy with the loss of his newborn child.

To stay as composed as he did when he lost a baby on the same day?.. Wow. That is remarkable.

On 26/10/2017 at 14:43, Busterrimes said:

RIP Darren.

For a moment I got him confused with Nigel Hawkins another youngster but from the 80s instead

Nigel is very much alive and kicking. Currently running the family business.

Very articulate guy with s great sense of humour.

11 hours ago, Nube Rojo said:

went to his funeral today, just cannot believe how many people were there, one hell of a send-off for such a talent - RIP Darren

It's rare it is for someone to be loved by both sides of the city. 

But Darren was - as proven by Gary Owers, Ed Ware and others donating and by the turnout.

Glad to hear he had a good send off.

23 hours ago, Nube Rojo said:

went to his funeral today, just cannot believe how many people were there, one hell of a send-off for such a talent - RIP Darren

Me too, what an amazing turnout, showed how much he was loved by many.

Also what great words from @Lympstone1 something no parent should have to go through :crying:

Thanks guys for you kind words and all that attended the funeral. God that was hard - I carried the  coffin in with my other 2 sons, wrote the service and delivered the eulogy as wanted to give Darren the best send off ever. Amazing overwhelming turn out of around 400 and it’s brilliant to see both clubs united behind the family and get great results today. 

Thanks Havanatopia.

Yes we have very fond memories of his playing games - he was a remarkable talent that many believe had the ability to play at the highest level if it wasn't for his demons. 

Sorry to unashamedly bump this thread but looking for a final push towards Chrismas to try and be able to give the children the best time possible under the tragic circumstances. 

Archived