IGNORED

RIP Darren Hawkins. UPDATE: Link to Just giving fundraising page added

HarriboSauce

Hi all 
Just a quick update on Darren's family position. 
First and foremost I have to say I am truly overwhelmed with your generousity to those that have given to the JustGiving page and those that have offered such kind words. I can only say you are all marvellous and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
It was hard to post my initial appeal as not something I would do but the vicar suggested I did it on all the forums of the clubs Darren played for just to see if we could get people to reach out and support the children. It's hard to define who needs help the most when tragedies occur as there are so many deserving cases. Some Rovers fans put a hamper together for the children and it was a delight to see the children's faces when I delivered it this morning. Their mother was also overwhelmed as she had no idea about it or our efforts on the JustGiving page so I forwarded her £1k from the fund so she can get gifts for the children from Darren so they can  at least open something from the Dad on Christmas Day - it won't replace their Dad being there on then day or going forth but it will enable them to have something to remember and treasure from him on the day. 
The fund runs to March 31st if some want to still give before I close it. 
Thank you once again for all the support you have given Darren's family and I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and hope that 2018 is a special year you yourselves and loved ones. 
Thank you again 
www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/chris-hawkins-1?utm_id=2&utm_term=wa4jbYArd

Hi all

Sorry for bumping but there is a great event happening at Manor Farm's The Creek ground next Sunday April 29th which should interest all football, rugby and cricket fans and their families. 

The Farm are playing Bishop Sutton in a Memorial benefit game for Darren ko 14:00 with guest players performing - some of these will be ex City players. The event which will include a football auction, raffle,  sideshows, bouncy castle etc which all kick off from 12:00

it would be great to see people there 

thank you 

1 hour ago, Lympstone1 said:

Hi all

Sorry for bumping but there is a great event happening at Manor Farm's The Creek ground next Sunday April 29th which should interest all football, rugby and cricket fans and their families. 

The Farm are playing Bishop Sutton in a Memorial benefit game for Darren ko 14:00 with guest players performing - some of these will be ex City players. The event which will include a football auction, raffle,  sideshows, bouncy castle etc which all kick off from 12:00

it would be great to see people there 

thank you 

I’m off FB now - found myself arguing with strangers!

Can’t get to The Creek - how can people bid? For what it’s worth the boy now has a signed framed City shirt - charity auction on eBay not so long ago.

£400 was the winning bid. Hope you get much more.

Sorry for bumping this thread but I know there are a number of fans that also support Manor Farm FC on here and I wondered if you might want to attend this benefit game v Bishop Sutton on behalf of Darren's children.

The event kicks off at 12 on Sunday 29th and I believe a few city veterans might be guesting in the match that kicks off at 14:00.

There is to be a football memorabilia auction, sideshows and raffle so plenty for all the family to enjoy alongside the match. 

Sorry for bumping this thread but I know there are a number of fans that also support Manor Farm FC on here and I wondered if you might want to attend this benefit game v Bishop Sutton on behalf of Darren's children.

The event kicks off at 12 on Sunday 29th and I believe a few city veterans might be guesting in the match that kicks off at 14:00.

There is to be a football memorabilia auction, sideshows and raffle so plenty for all the family to enjoy alongside the match. 

Archived