IGNORED

Section 82 Displays

James

On the back of another cracking atmosphere inside AG (as well as half decent performance on the pitch) we’re looking to prepare some hopefully equally impressive visual displays over the next few games.

**Tiny violin time** 

As many of you know, such displays are put together/paid for out of fans own pockets (and time) and whilst it’s something that we all enjoy doing, we have ambitions greater than this can always enable.

Therefore we’ve set up a crowdfunding page (link below) from which all donations – big or small – will be gratefully received and will go solely towards upcoming and future displays to hopefully be enjoyed by all inside AG.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/section82displays

Stickers also remain on sale in El Rincon (The Spanish Bar) on match days, proceeds from which go to the same place!

S82

1 minute ago, James_ said:

On the back of another cracking atmosphere inside AG (as well as half decent performance on the pitch) we’re looking to prepare some hopefully equally impressive visual displays over the next few games.

**Tiny violin time** 

As many of you know, such displays are put together/paid for out of fans own pockets (and time) and whilst it’s something that we all enjoy doing, we have ambitions greater than this can always enable.

Therefore we’ve set up a crowdfunding page (link below) from which all donations – big or small – will be gratefully received and will go solely towards upcoming and future displays to hopefully be enjoyed by all inside AG.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/section82displays

Stickers also remain on sale in El Rincon (The Spanish Bar) on match days, proceeds from which go to the same place!

S82

why should we buy when you don't stay to the end.....

Sarcasm over, good job keep it up, I'll donate some when I get paid

I'm a big fan of the flags, whats the deal with them? I see them go up in the games but seem to go down just as quick? Is there a rule poised by security?

In German football the ultras on most teams wave the flags throughout the game and it makes a really intimidating sort of atmosphere from that side of the stadium

something like this 

32.jpg

fan-block-of-fortuna-ultras-in-duesseldo

Would love to have something similar, I'll throw some money in and buy some stickers, can you buy them any other times other than match days?

33 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I'm a big fan of the flags, whats the deal with them? I see them go up in the games but seem to go down just as quick? Is there a rule poised by security?

In German football the ultras on most teams wave the flags throughout the game and it makes a really intimidating sort of atmosphere from that side of the stadium

something like this 

32.jpg

fan-block-of-fortuna-ultras-in-duesseldo

Would love to have something similar, I'll throw some money in and buy some stickers, can you buy them any other times other than match days?

No 'rules' per say, however we do try to be mindful of the fact that what we're aiming for is still in its relative infancy within AG. Especially having only this season moved to that part of the ground.

We don't want to be p**sing people off with a flag in their face for 90 mins as we know we're ultimately all there to watch the game.

If you were to ask us for an ideal scenario X years down the line, examples like these wouldnt be far off the mark though..!

Stickers available through https://www.instagram.com/bristol_city_stickers/

As well as on match days, if you're not passing the Spanish bar just come and grab one of us in S25 as we'll have some on us!

I thought Section 82 were fantastic against Burton and non-existent versus Leeds.  The contrast was uncanny.   I guess you could say the results were similarly cnotrasting!

However, I think that we "the non-singing, only join in if everyone else is" fans needed you most against Leeds and it didn't happen.  Any idea why?

Keep up the good work though. I love the flags and the chants when they happen.

15 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Hi lads donation on way , fantastic effort from yourselves keep it up , i hope you get loads of support - put stickers up lions behind bar think they will sell out quickly don’t forget ever need hand putting flags out on a Friday for sat games in free 

Cheers mate, will drop you a message nearer the time. 

9 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Dropped a tenner in, it's a shame that you are all stuck in one little segment as it does look a little weird - but certainly better than previous seasons. Who knows maybe the flags and atmosphere will spread along the stand :fingerscrossed:

Cheers mate.

That is the aim! It's certainly not a case of 'the flags stay here'. As mentioned above, we want as many as possible getting involved!

We only ask that they are returned, we have unfortunately had a fair few go 'missing' in the past..

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’ll donate if you up your game in terms of focused, mildly childish chants to the oppo. 

I was dying for a Freddie Sears themed song on Tuesday at 4-1 to really rub their noses in but no one around me was interested (most probably didn’t know what I was on about!)

In hindsight perhaps "let's pretend we scored a goal" would have been suitable?

Problem was, we didn't have a chance in-between the 'actual' ones ;)

2 minutes ago, James_ said:

Cheers mate.

That is the aim! It's certainly not a case of 'the flags stay here'. As mentioned above, we want as many as possible getting involved!

We only ask that they are returned, we have unfortunately had a fair few go 'missing' in the past..

Im guessing the main issue is cost, im assuming the flags cost a lot of money. To deck the whole south stand out will cost a lot of money, something the lads i presume are finding difficult.

Its something everyone should help with, if they want the enjoyment from it also. Only so much money can go so far in life, as we all know.

20 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Will donate on payday , would.be good if some the sticker designs made it onto a t shirt , you could link up with rob at South Bristol clothing . Palace and boro fan groups do similar.  All funds going to displays.  

Keep up the great work. 

Cheers for the feedback, know it's something that's been looked at!

Archived