IGNORED

Section 82 Displays

James

Hi @James_ What's your plans for the Cardiff game? How about some red and white streamers like we did in the Atyeo. 

I've been thinking about bringing my own flag in but I dunno what the rules are. This will be for the Cardiff game just to wind them up a bit. I am thinking about bringing the white dragon flag on a telescopic pole. In legends the dragons were supposed to have fought each other. The welsh claim their red dragon won but the english also claim the white dragon won. I know there is controversy over the white dragon but it is a load of nonsense. The one I am thinking about is for all ethic groups in england. 

http://hengistkites.com/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=engwhitedragonflag

Where the stickers end up make me laugh at times, i've been in places you just wouldn't expect to see them and the just pop up. Just this week alone i Was walking to the gym in Cheltenham and saw one randomly on a lampost. Had my mate message me, where he went for a piss in a nightclub in Leicester, lifts the seat up finds one starring right back at him!

10 minutes ago, WR5 said:

Where the stickers end up make me laugh at times, i've been in places you just wouldn't expect to see them and the just pop up. Just this week alone i Was walking to the gym in Cheltenham and saw one randomly on a lampost. Had my mate message me, where he went for a piss in a nightclub in Leicester, lifts the seat up finds one starring right back at him!

See, Lee Tomlin does still love us after all.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, WR5 said:

Saw some whilst holidaying near Alcudia in Mallorca this Summer. Brilliant I thought :) 

45 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Hi @James_ What's your plans for the Cardiff game? How about some red and white streamers like we did in the Atyeo. 

I've been thinking about bringing my own flag in but I dunno what the rules are. This will be for the Cardiff game just to wind them up a bit. I am thinking about bringing the white dragon flag on a telescopic pole. In legends the dragons were supposed to have fought each other. The welsh claim their red dragon won but the english also claim the white dragon won. I know there is controversy over the white dragon but it is a load of nonsense. The one I am thinking about is for all ethic groups in england. 

Hi, absolutely bring it along!

We really do want it to be a wall of colour and noise, the more the merrier (like the sub plot as well).

We're still ironing out details for Cardiff display but it's definitely going to be a good one!

If you don't want to be lugging the flag around beforehand drop us a message and you can store it in the ground before kick off if easier. You'll be fine bringing it in with you as normal though.

• Admin
3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Haha, cheeky buggers doubling the target :fear:

Great efforts everyone.  Things like this are the real meaning of being a "club".

I'm sure when I donated the target was £1500. Saw your reply and thought it'd moved to £3k and thought "wow, maybe they plan to kit out the whole South Stand" but follow the link and see the target is now £1000.

• Admin
4 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

I been speaking to them on twitter, they have said the wavey flags as in the red and white handheld ones, cost around £15 each.

I bet it would be amazing to do the whole south stand but that is obviously a lot of ££ also quite a few flags continue to go missing. 

After the club gave us all those free scarves against West ham a few years ago, I wonder what the chances are of getting flags sorted for a certain TV Cup match? 

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wow, take a bow @Olé very generous

Good to see such positive feedback on S82 this season. Think they should be pushing to expand next season. 

The more money raised, the bigger and better the displays!

Assume that's the south Bristol clothing donation? 

1 hour ago, Threshing Red said:

Yes, as James said, we have a good plan for Cardiff. Hope we can involve all of South Stand and Dolman too. 

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

After the club gave us all those free scarves against West ham a few years ago, I wonder what the chances are of getting flags sorted for a certain TV Cup match? 

It would be good, I hope the club let s82 take control and sort a display, maybe with club money? 

Not for the club to get over excited and do something themselves just as it's united at home.

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

One massive flag reading "We drink cider you drink tea" would go down a treat with the Great British public watching on Sky.

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Assume that's the south Bristol clothing donation? 

Yep

• Admin
40 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Can we pin this please. I know this might seem like it's all about the EE but i hope others will realise a good atmosphere is to the benefit of all as well as the players. :)

A fiver is a pint of thatchers and a packet of crisps. We can do it!

Don't worry, a pin has been agreed but from experience these threads work best in the first couple of days being bumped by genuine messages of support then pinning after to catch those who may have missed it. We will pin it in a day or two :) All of the moderating team are supportive of this initiative and some have donated already.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Don't worry, a pin has been agreed but from experience these threads work best in the first couple of days being bumped by genuine messages of support then pinning after to catch those who may have missed it. We will pin it in a day or two :) All of the moderating team are supportive of this initiative and some have donated already.

Great stuff. Ive put a fair wedge into this just don't want it to fall down the page :)

I've always wanted to buy my own flags etc but when i see some of the ones bought by the lads i realise they are way more creative than me and when i see them in their full glory, i can say i was part of that!

My fav flag was the amigos dos amigos half skull flag that once got an outing. (Think its a tilburg flag) would love a replica full time in the EE. 

16 hours ago, Chivs said:

I thought Section 82 were fantastic against Burton and non-existent versus Leeds.  The contrast was uncanny.   I guess you could say the results were similarly cnotrasting!

However, I think that we "the non-singing, only join in if everyone else is" fans needed you most against Leeds and it didn't happen.  Any idea why?

Keep up the good work though. I love the flags and the chants when they happen.

Because it was empty in there against Leeds, and we were 2-0 down in 15 minutes.

With people on here saying about decking the whole south stand out, if there was a flag placed on every seat which was the same as the current red and white wavey flags, it would cost a hell of a lot of money at £10 each. It's surprising how much it all costs, and how little you get for the money. 

People do need to stop taking flags also though, they told me that around half the two pole flags have gone missing. That's £100 gone just there 

Totally behind Sec 82 and have donated 

But also , at the same time , as I posted on another thread. 

Would be good if more posters , especially the regulars could find a whole £5 to support the cost of running this forum

Think we'd all agree it's operated brilliantly and is the best club forum I've seen

Be a shame if we lost it wouldn't it 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Totally behind Sec 82 and have donated 

But also , at the same time , as I posted on another thread. 

Would be good if more posters , especially the regulars could find a whole £5 to support the cost of running this forum

Think we'd all agree it's operated brilliantly and is the best club forum I've seen

Be a shame if we lost it wouldn't it 

You on commission, Bob? :P

20 hours ago, James_ said:

On the back of another cracking atmosphere inside AG (as well as half decent performance on the pitch) we’re looking to prepare some hopefully equally impressive visual displays over the next few games.

**Tiny violin time** 

As many of you know, such displays are put together/paid for out of fans own pockets (and time) and whilst it’s something that we all enjoy doing, we have ambitions greater than this can always enable.

Therefore we’ve set up a crowdfunding page (link below) from which all donations – big or small – will be gratefully received and will go solely towards upcoming and future displays to hopefully be enjoyed by all inside AG.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/section82displays

Stickers also remain on sale in El Rincon (The Spanish Bar) on match days, proceeds from which go to the same place!

S82

Well done 82. I will contribute. Love what you guys and girls do for matvh days.

14 hours ago, James_ said:

Hi, absolutely bring it along!

We really do want it to be a wall of colour and noise, the more the merrier (like the sub plot as well).

We're still ironing out details for Cardiff display but it's definitely going to be a good one!

If you don't want to be lugging the flag around beforehand drop us a message and you can store it in the ground before kick off if easier. You'll be fine bringing it in with you as normal though.

13 hours ago, Harry said:

Yes, as James said, we have a good plan for Cardiff. Hope we can involve all of South Stand and Dolman too. 

James/Harry

Not doubt you would welcome help with the set up of flags etc for the Cardiff game. With 12pm Sat kick-off will it mean an early Sat morning start or will you be setting up Friday pm? Let me know and will try and get there to help

4 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Because it was empty in there against Leeds, and we were 2-0 down in 15 minutes.

Leeds is the biggest attendance in the new stadium.  So it can't exactly have been empty.  It certainly didn't look it.

I was guessing they don't want the sobriquet "Only sing when you're winning" but that was my first thought when Leeds went 2 up.

Not trying to be provocative as I think the flags and the chants (generally) are fantastic but just wondered what happened against Leeds.

Luckily, we aren't likely to see a big, vocal, opposition crowd any time soon so we needn't worry about a repeat... :whistle:

Archived