IGNORED

The Official Sunderland v Bristol City Match Day Thread 14

6 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Nope. Down to his lack of strength and struggling with defensive duties. Away from home against a team with attacking strength, would not go well if he played.

It's common knowledge that Eliasson can not defend and that he never will be able to defend. Like Saborio he should have signed for a footballing side. Another club kept in the bag is not to much help.

Edited by bristolcitysweden
28 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Bound to see flint back to his normal duties for goal kicks.  Im quite excited to see how Taylor and Reid get on as a front two. 

Even with Sunderlands poor form,  i can see us being to happy to soak up pressure  and catch them on the break... 

Think Taylor works best off of a target man...... Đurić may be called on sooner than later as we will find the ball just coming straight back at us.

Edited by Robert the bruce
3 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Thinking this will be more of a Pack kinda game. As we seen against Stoke in the cup when he can outpace the opposition centre mids he is a real quality player.

Heres hoping for the same again today 

Sorry I don't understand, you used the words "Pack" and "he can outpace" in the same sentence...surely a mistake!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

It's common knowledge that Eliasson can not defend and that he will never be able to defend. Like Saborio he should have signed for a footballing side. Another club kept in the bag is not to much help.

I am very confident LJ would not have signed him if he "will never be able to defend". 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Usurper ! 

I spent minutes doing my matchday thread and you come along , all Mr high and bloody mighty with your " Official " one , rattled off , no doubt in two or three hours ! 

I don't know why I bother .

Knock yourself out and do the next one Maj, hahaaaaaaa.

15 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Glyn Riley and Steve Neville... both did a pretty good job for us as I recall.

With Bobby Huthinson running circles around players and feeding them it was a good trio of players and exciting to watch especially that Wembley win; enjoyed that match very much.

2 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Any streams for today?

My thoughts exactly..

Now we don’t have the Swedish curse!!! 

Damn you @1891 B.C. Sweden @Garland-sweden And others :fear:

We will get back to winning ways and finish the day back in the Pray-Offs 

P.S - Although I admire your support and passion for our club if our Swedish fan base could refrain from attending games for the remainder of the season we should go up as champions!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just got in from taking out the Grandchildren, the snow we had the other night is now going,  as it is raining, temperature 3 C, colder than Sunderland, I suspect.  Anyway, I will be happy with a draw today,  but really hoping for a return to the winning ways, odd goal win again I think, hopefully for us. So COYR's

• Like 1

Good line up shame Eros not yet fully fit. The only bit I'm unsure on is Taylor and Reid as a partnership - I like them both individually as players but not sure they necessarily complement each other (happy to be proved wrong). The only other thing would be hopefully we cut out the direct, longer ball into the front without Fammy or Đurić there. You would assume we will but sometimes habits are hard to shake and whenever Woodrow has played we seem to have pinged balls up for him to chase like Fammy would and he just wasn't as good at holding those up - seemed to prefer the  ball into his feet.