IGNORED

Leko and Reid on Tuesday?

tinman85

9 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Tempting to start Leko up front with Đurić not fit to play 90. Taylor and Reid partnership struggled today. I believe Woodrow ineligible. Leko would give us pace and power. 

Has he ever actually played up front? 

Not sure Taylor and Reid struggled as much as they had nothing to play to for 60 mins. Djuric gave is a platform for longer football which in the conditions was a better option. Anything could happen. Fulham and conditions might suit us and them Tuesday. 

3 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Tempting to start Leko up front with Đurić not fit to play 90. Taylor and Reid partnership struggled today. I believe Woodrow ineligible. Leko would give us pace and power. 

We won't see much of the ball so Korey is a must from the start to keep it tight and see how long he can last,up top Duric has to start to give us a outlet 

6 hours ago, hodge said:

Stick with Bobby and Taylor if it's not working bring on Djuric, but don't want to rush him back starting him.

That's  what I'd do if I were selecting the starting 11. If Baker is available then no need to change anything.

That was a very good result yesterday in very difficult conditions and both Reid and then Djuric scored so they'll both be full of confidence.

I must confess I`d missed the fact that Woodrow can`t play v his parent club so thanks for that @tinman85

Taylor up front with Reid in behind and Milan and Leko to come on later if needed?

I think if we can give Milan as much of a rest as possible we should as we could really do with him starting v Cardiff IMO. There`s two weeks off after that so if he goes the full game there`s plenty of recovery time after.

5 hours ago, Spoons said:

How about we just let LJ just do what he's already been doing regards picking the team... Seems to be working !

I honestly don't think the opinions voiced on here have any real impact on the team for a game, pretty sure LJ will have the final say in the end:whistle:

8 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I must confess I`d missed the fact that Woodrow can`t play v his parent club so thanks for that @tinman85

Taylor up front with Reid in behind and Milan and Leko to come on later if needed?

I think if we can give Milan as much of a rest as possible we should as we could really do with him starting v Cardiff IMO. There`s two weeks off after that so if he goes the full game there`s plenty of recovery time after.

We need him v Cardiff. Bamba will be a challenge. 

17 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Not sure Taylor and Reid struggled as much as they had nothing to play to for 60 mins. Djuric gave is a platform for longer football which in the conditions was a better option. Anything could happen. Fulham and conditions might suit us and them Tuesday. 

Taylor & Reid didn't work but that was because, with Pato hardly in the game (looked unfit) and no Smith until he came on as sub, there was no 'on the floor' service for Taylor & Reid to work off. Pump high balls towards those two and they will not work. As you say conditions may be better at Fulham and hopefully Smith is fit to start, so Taylor & Reid as a combo might do better, with Duric on the bench to bring on. We can't afford to overplay Duric and have him out injured whilst Fammy is out too.

10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Taylor & Reid didn't work but that was because, with Pato hardly in the game (looked unfit) and no Smith until he came on as sub, there was no 'on the floor' service for Taylor & Reid to work off. Pump high balls towards those two and they will not work. As you say conditions may be better at Fulham and hopefully Smith is fit to start, so Taylor & Reid as a combo might do better, with Duric on the bench to bring on. We can't afford to overplay Duric and have him out injured whilst Fammy is out too.

I agree completely. Ironic Reid's goal was a high hanging cross but we won't see many of those from YB. 

More movement and some little balls playing them in will I believe produce results with these two. Great win yesterday on to Fulham. Do we know how many are going, should be great away support!

What with the excitement of the Palace game, Manchester draw, beating Sunderland and Cardiff on Saturday, I had actually forgotten about playing Fulham on Tuesday.  Thanks for the reminder.

Matty and Bobby up front for me unless Milan is fully fit.  Korey in midfield, but again no need to risk him unless100% fit.

Back 4 is perplexing me as I think Eros is our best RB and I just dont know how to pick 2 centre backs from Aden, Nathan and Bailey.  Shame there is no room for Maggers either, but that's how great having such a strong squad is.

The thing is with Taylor and Reid upfront we have to play differently, 1st half we were pinging balls up hoping one of them would outleap taller players for the flick on or hold it up and that isn't either player's natural game. You could play with them but the balls need to be in behind either through passing through the middle or flat/diagonal crosses behind the defensive line. Balls not behind the defensive line will get mopped up. 

On 28 October 2017 at 22:51, tinman85 said:

Bobby Reid really struggling again tonight !! I bet you are hating this LJ right again . LJ 1 tinman 85 0 !!

3 minutes ago, red panda said:

Well Leko did come on, but that was just a sporting gesture by LJ to even up the numbers again :fear:

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

Bobby Reid really struggling again tonight !! I bet you are hating this LJ right again . LJ 1 tinman 85 0 !!

No I'm loving it and at the moment happy to be proved one. Like everyone else last season it was a miracle he survived. Tonight was the most complete away performance I have seen under him. But a long way to go. If he signs that elusive midfield player in Jan I will believe we can do it. 

Archived