IGNORED

The Fulham v Bristol City Match Day Thread 15

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

My concern with that team is keeping the ball up top if and when we're under pressure. Bobby isn't the hold up type so the ball could keep coming back at the defence. Once Miln comes on, no problem but our clearances to Bobby will have to be very accurate.

Can't like this enough, the first thing I thought. Might see the wingers REALLY high up.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Went to Craven Cottage back when Mark Gavin was in his brief hot streak. Remember him waltzing through their defence and I think we won. Was on an open terrace behind their goalie who was distinctly beefy - as he was reminded constantly. Made Tomlin look like a size zero. It was over the xmas holidays I think.

Boxing Day circa 1989 maybe

- I was there too.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Interesting selection to say the least, presumably LJ knows what he is doing

What a difference a year makes - this time last season he was clueless ( according to many on here)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, 2-1 win in November '75.

I remember being high up in the open end right at the back and there being constant hassle with the police with literally scores of City fans - about 85 iirc. - being ejected throughout the match.

Masses of complaints in the EP on the Monday about the heavy handed police and the thought at the time was they were waiting for City determined to teach the fans a lesson after trouble at a pre season Anglo- Scottish match at the same ground a few months earlier.

Thanks for that Noggers. Your memory seems to have remained more intact than mine with the passing years. Don't recall any of the controversy, but I suppose as I was living in Brixton at the time the aftermath would have passed me by. I can remember that I was alongside the pitch rather than behind the goal, and consequently not in the midst of the majority of City fans. Let's hope there is nothing like that to spoil the occasion tonight.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

LJ obviously wants the midfield five to break through in a way that he believes four wouldn't. 

Clearlly a positive decision as both Taylor and Djuric are on the bench

Interesting move

Indeed! It's definitely an unusual starting 11. i doubt any of us saw that coming,

On paper it looks if Reid is a lone striker but with midfield pushing on to support him.

Itll be interesting to see how it pans out.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Guess so.

No surprise Taylor dropped, shame  Djuric isn't starting..

It must be too much for Djuric just yet, unfortunately.

Maybe LJ has come to the conclusion, after Saturday, that Taylor and Reid won’t work.

I’m guessing Brownhill will be closest to Reid. Not quite the drastic change some are making out.

1 minute ago, milo1111 said:

I hope LJ isnt trying to be too clever here. One of the biggest pluses for me so far this season has been him learning from his mistakes and keeping it simple. 

Fingers crossed its a master stroke.

One of the biggest pluses this season has been trying Reid as a forward - if anything is being 'too clever' that's it! 

• Like 1

Liking this team and according to RB, seen as a tactical change of formation to combat Fulham's dominance in the middle of the park. Bench looking strong once again, if things are looking nasty I'd chuck on Djuric and Leko and try and get the big man to head another in. Hopefully though that won't be necessary, O'Dowda in good form and the rest very solid players. COYR!!

2 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I'd have had Djuric in for Pack myself and pushed Patterson wide right.  I imagine this side is being picked to overload the midfield when not in possession, not sure that's a good idea but let's hope it works.

Also guess they don't want to rely on Djuric having to last 90 mins should scoreline/potential injuries require it. Better to keep building up his return process if required. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Since I cannot hear the guy, what was the gist of what was said??

Not sure about the extent of Baker’s knee injury just yet, hope to have him fit for Saturday.

Mentioned about freshening it up and having the players to press Fulham. They have a lot of possession in their own half and feel we could exploit any weaknesses in that.

Edited by David Brent
  • Like 1