IGNORED

The Fulham v Bristol City Match Day Thread 15

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Football is NOT dumping it long. The sooner we understand the better.

Actually, it's a tactic used in many cases to stretch the play and open up space in the midfield. If their back 4 get caught out once then they'll be more hesitant to push higher up.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Football is NOT dumping it long. The sooner we understand the better.

I don't see this as a ' dumping it long' formation if that's what you're implying. Control it in the middle, pass it out wide, have Pisano and Bryan overlapping (both are fantastic at that) and either float it in for Reid or one of the midfielders to get a touch on or cut back inside for a bit of a penalty box scramble. Either works for me if it gets us goals!

2 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Not sure about the extent of Baker’s knee injury just yet, hope to have him fit for Saturday.

Mentioned about freshening it up and having the players to press Fulham. They have a lot of possession in their own half and feel we could exploit any weaknesses in that.

Thank you for taking the time to tell me.

At least Fulham won't know what to expect. It could be 4-4-1-1, 4-5-1, 4-3-3, 4-6-0. If we're not certain what the formation will be Fulham won't be. + Looking at their forums Fulham have not changed tactics or systems at any point this season, whether in front, behind or facing strong or weak opposition. So LJ should definitely know their game.

1 minute ago, BCFC Richard said:

At least Fulham won't know what to expect. It could be 4-4-1-1, 4-5-1, 4-3-3, 4-6-0. If we're not certain what the formation will be Fulham won't be. + Looking at their forums Fulham have not changed tactics or systems at any point this season, whether in front, behind or facing strong or weak opposition. So LJ should definitely know their game.

I dont know much about football but... Could this be construed as "parking the bus"? 

1 minute ago, Lympsham Red said:

I don't see this as a ' dumping it long' formation if that's what you're implying. Control it in the middle, pass it out wide, have Pisano and Bryan overlapping (both are fantastic at that) and either float it in for Reid or one of the midfielders to get a touch on or cut back inside for a bit of a penalty box scramble. Either works for me if it gets us goals!

No there is not a dumping it long formation. Neither it is a defensive formation scaring the famous Fulham. It's a formation to play them off the park. But have we got the balls to play them off the park. No.

3 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I dont know much about football but... Could this be construed as "parking the bus"? 

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

No chance of a win tonight with that line up , little Lee playing for the point then going for the win v Cardiff , I predict a 2-0 loss tonight ....

If we are playing with a false 9 then its actually very attacking and might work. CB's are used to picking up the striker/s but with a false 9 that player isn't often there. It relies on running from deep for the F9 and the attacking midfielders and with Patts, COD and Brownhill. The F9 stays pretty central and creates space for wider players as well as them, in turn, making space for him. e.g. If Bobby is the false 9 and keeps dropping back deep the Fulham CB either stand their ground and give us acres of space to play in or (more likely) the step up into the space and end up playing a high line. Now they are really susceptible to balls in behind. 

If that is how we intend to play then it should actually be pretty exciting to watch.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, harrys said:

Surprised at the line-up, musn’t let Fulham dictate the play or it could be over before we get chance to bring on reinforcements, must have faith in the manager though 

If we have F9 then we also have a lot of bodies in midfield when necessary that hopefully results in more possession and more control of the game.

4-1-4-1 but when we attack it'll be of a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 with Brownhill, Pato, O'Dowda pushing up and supporting attacks. Don't see any problem this, just that some people like to be negative. Fulham will have the majority of the ball but it's about staying compact and countering quickly when we get it. Most teams actually defend in 4-1-4-1 nowadays 

• Like 2