IGNORED

The Fulham v Bristol City Match Day Thread 15

1 minute ago, Crackers Corner said:

Fulham are dreadful 

Think we're just excellent, we haven't given them a second on the ball.one of the better passing sides in the league have resorted to let me balls or passing it amongst their back 4 trying to find space to pass/a free player to pass to. Every time they threaten to attack we've closed them off. I'd say it's us bussing the game rather than their poor play.

• Like 2

Well, a goal for Fulham and it is a different game, but that half was as sweet as a nut. Worried about the line up, and it seems a bit of a scratch back four right now for us, so as happy with the clean sheet as anything else.

Not counting any chickens, but impressed by that!

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

Let me tell you so far this has been a great performance, IMHO we have been on top for the vast majority of this game and 2-0 is a justified scoreline.

The most impressive thing is the amount of bodies we have gotten into their box when attacking.

Losing Pisano is a blow, but defensively Magnússon has done well just a few loose passes. Bryan is terrorising them in his more forward position.

I will be amazed if their number 47 stays on the field, he has lost his head a couple of times and should be on a yellow already.

Yet another ‘entitled’ ex prem crowd just looking for any opportunity to get on their teams back.

A special shout out to Korey Smith, he has been outstanding, he is really so important to us, his pass to Brownhill to set up Reid for his goal was sublime and he took his goal so calmly after great work by O’Dowda.

Impressive so far.

• Like 11

Near perfect first half.

Harassed and hounded them off the ball and on the ball the interplay between Bobby, the five in midfield and Bryan bursting forward, superb at times. 

Smith spotted Brownhill’s run on the right, who knocked it across to Bobby for a tap in, before Smith finished into the corner from a cut back from O’Dowda, after he did his marker for pace. 

We look pretty confident and in control (famous last words). The only real joy they had was a few shots on their right, no doubt aided by settling the changes made at right back with Pisano unfortunately going off.

Maggers needs to calm it though and do the simple things better, I counted three mistakes that led to chances for Fulham.

LJ seems to have called this one right with the formation, exploiting the width well where Fulham are giving us too much space.

I expect they’ll react to that and then we can bring on Durex to help protect the lead.

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 1