IGNORED

The Fulham v Bristol City Match Day Thread 15

A nice comment from the Fulham forum among the 'they're nothing special' posts....

'Bristol were brilliant tonight and fully deserved their victory. I applaud them for illustrating what attractive football is, and in fact they made me think of our squad in the second half of last year. They were strong, fluid, and didn't need many chances to score a goal. They didn't time waste and they were staunch in defense. I hope they go far this year. Best team we've seen all year.'

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Robbored said:

No need. 2-0 up and cruising against 10 men.

Good game management.

I can assure you that was not the case.  Our game management was not at all helped by having a kid come on whose confidence has gone and moving Bobby into midfield when he was clearly knackered.  Pack was steady tonight and subbing him weakened us due to the domino effect of changes.

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Grayson fired

Insanity.  He's hardly taken over a successful operation and messed it up has he?  They are genuine League 1 contenders.  On the Radio some idiot (Phil Neville?) was suggesting the Shrewsbury manager.  Now, he's done well but is hardly better qualified than Grayson to do this job.   Can't see who they could employ - they'd picked a proven manager at this level and have got rid of him.  

8 hours ago, Squire Dastardly said:

We gained 3 points on both Leeds and Sheff Utd. Revenge for Leeds and just a hint that the Blades bubble might burst soon>

And hopefully we can pop Cardiffs also.

8 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

I'm willing to give him a little more time but frankly only 6 points from the last 2 games just isn't good enough.

One poster said words to the effect 'if someone had offered me two away wins at the start of the last two matches I would definitely have taken it'.

I think that remark could be contender for classic status. ! Who are you? Show yourself!

Think this season we are so much more composed on the ball at the back, probably a lot to do with there being more options for a pass in front of the back four. Last season, like Fulham last night, we played the ball around back four,  lost patience and then lumped it forward. This season centre backs all seem to have options when receiving the ball and all are prepared to bring it forward and move into space if they don't. Far less lumping and much more control, all of the players who have played back four all now seem much more comfortable on the ball.