IGNORED

Simon Grayson Sacked

cheshire_red

Here is the statement from Sunderland chief executive Martin Bain:

“Simon and his team have worked tirelessly to achieve the best for the football club during their time here.While we hoped that Simon’s experience in the Football League would help us to a successful season, results have not been good enough for a club of this stature. In order for us to improve upon our current position we believe a fundamental change is necessary.”

Said it when they went down last season, they are on a downward slide which could overshadow Boltons, who funnily enough have just beaten them.....

Sunderland relegated to League One come May. Actually the way they're going it could be by March!!

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

Said it when they went down last season, they are on a downward slide which could overshadow Boltons, who funnily enough have just beaten them.....

Sunderland relegated to League One come May. Actually the way they're going it could be by March!!

Erm, 3-3?!

Destined for League one in my opinion. History repeating itself.. a lot have been down there over the last decade.. Leeds both Sheffield clubs Forest Norwich Southampton and Bolton to name but a few.. It now seems to be Sunderland's turn. You worry about there finances etc though, club looks ****** from top to bottom.

A shame but they have had there time in the top flight, as WSMRobin said its time for a club like us to have OUR time :fingerscrossed:

I suppose it must have been for the money, but I couldn't understand why Grayson would want to leave Preston, where he was doing so well, for Sunderland in the first place. They are a shambles of a club with seemingly clueless owners and an over paid squad of underachievers. 

Whoever takes it on next won't last the season.

18 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Here is the statement from Sunderland chief executive Martin Bain:

“Simon and his team have worked tirelessly to achieve the best for the football club during their time here.While we hoped that Simon’s experience in the Football League would help us to a successful season, results have not been good enough for a club of this stature. In order for us to improve upon our current position we believe a fundamental change is necessary.”

Well considering their finances the highlighted portion is certainly falling back on former glories + 22,000 empty seats tonight.

4 minutes ago, cityironman said:

Will they come knocking on our door for LJ perhaps?

He’d have to be absolutely insane to even think about it.... not gonna happen.

I genuinely have no idea who they’ll go for.  Pearson? McClaren? Who knows....

Sometimes a manager just fits a club at the right time and everything is rosy. Sometimes good managers cannot replicate that success at a different club. 

Look at Moyes and how his stock fell so quickly after Everton. Numerous others too. 

If I were Sean Dyche, I'd stay at Burnley. 

Archived