IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Time For a Change

Port Said Red

OK its been fun while it's lasted, he has done well, but it's time to put him back in his proper position and play a REAL striker.

NAH. Just kidding I just want a new GIF :P I am bored of the fire extinguisher gag and I think we will be seeing more and more this season. 

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Has anyone noticed that Bobby has scored more goals at this stage of the season than Tammy did last season?

That's a new stat, and very interesting actually. I guess the rest of the team has developed since then too, but still quite an achievement.

15 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Has anyone noticed that Bobby has scored more league goals at this stage of the season than Tammy did last season?

Has anyone noticed that we have had a different striker playing central attack for us every year for the past 3 seasons, who have all scored over 20 goals.

And now Reid is the latest in line to do so.

Playing number 9 for City is a hot ticket it seems. Maybe its the sign of a good team that creates a lot of goals for the striker

49 minutes ago, gow2gooseya said:

Has anyone noticed that we have had a different striker playing central attack for us every year for the past 3 seasons, who have all scored over 20 goals.

Playing number 9 for City is a hot ticket it seems. Maybe its the sign of a good team that creates a lot of goals for the striker

Wilbs, Kodjia, Abraham? Would I be right in saying Baldock also did the season before that?

Not sure if Wilbs or Agard scored 20 goals in the promotion season. Wasn't Flint our top scorer what with his hat trick against Walsall & 19 overall?

Season before both JET (21) & Baldock (26) got more than 20 goals. What was more impressive is that Baldock hardly scored under SO'D but once Cotts took over went a scoring spree.

11 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Not sure if Wilbs or Agard scored 20 goals in the promotion season. Wasn't Flint our top scorer what with his hat trick against Walsall & 19 overall?

Season before both JET (21) & Baldock (26) got more than 20 goals. What was more impressive is that Baldock hardly scored under SO'D but once Cotts took over went a scoring spree.

wilbs got 21, flint 15, agard 14 smith 13, jet 12, freeman 7, bryan 7

2 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I think it's his season shirt sponsor so whatever the gif the sponsor will remain in place

Yeah if i remember correctly his first one wasn't sponsored and nor are other players so some kind of deals been struck since, for some reason i thought it was a fire extinguisher type company but i now see they are building suppliers.

So yeah possibility of a different one then now its not linked to the extinguisher so much.

1 hour ago, gow2gooseya said:

4 seasons i make it? 

2016/17 Tammy

15/16 Kodjia

14/15 Wilbs

13/14 baldock & JET

That is a guite unbelievable stat really! Don't think any other team in the football league has this sort of record!

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

well I can finally feel smug, as I said he'll get 10 goals this season, I didn't think he'll get them by November though 

Fair prediction, if this was the end of the season.

But don't be too upset when he scores his next goal and makes your prediction wrong. ;)

Without wanting to take anything away from Bobby, who has been brilliant and may well have found his best position, I can't help feeling like this is the sort of situation where he might start to generate a bit of interest and the club might do well to cash in while he's doing so well.

If a club could be persuaded to part with something in the region of £5-10m for him, which is not unrealistic given his age and record so far this season, I'd be inclined to take it and turn to one of the many other striking options we have.

What a great position to be in. Well done Johnson, Ashton et al. Plus Bobby himself of course.

12 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Without wanting to take anything away from Bobby, who has been brilliant and may well have found his best position, I can't help feeling like this is the sort of situation where he might start to generate a bit of interest and the club might do well to cash in while he's doing so well.

If a club could be persuaded to part with something in the region of £5-10m for him, which is not unrealistic given his age and record so far this season, I'd be inclined to take it and turn to one of the many other striking options we have.

What a great position to be in. Well done Johnson, Ashton et al. Plus Bobby himself of course.

any of our players, if a bid comes in for that much we'd sell, we'd milk it as much as we could but we'd sell,

Look how much we were able to strengthen with Kodja, agard and Alberts money last season, and the good thing is we've built for the future as well, not all will come off but we seem to be very professional and know what we are doing in the recruitment department at long last

39 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Where would you find a Championship ready goalscorer in January who was already in double figures for less than £15m [Andre Gray, Chris Wood, Kodja all cost more] - to sell would show a serious lack of ambition - unless he is refusing a new contract?

48 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Worryingly he's out of contract soon.. so his value while rising will be limited by the fact he could be a free agent as well.

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Worryingly he's out of contract soon.. so his value while rising will be limited by the fact he could be a free agent as well.

6 minutes ago, palmerred said:

I'm surprised we've not heard anything in regards to a new contract for Bobby as from January 1st with him having less than 6 months on his contract, clubs can contact him and offer him a contract and there's nothing we can do about it.

I thought in the recent interview Mark Ashton did he said no player was out of contract this summer 

1 hour ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I think he's too much of a risk for a Premiership club maybe, so that leaves Championship clubs. As it stands there are only 3 in a better position than us, but granted a fair few more have potential. But I think I would be pretty upset, money aside, if Bobby left to a rival. We have waited so long for 'young Bobby Reid' to come good, and now that he has I want to see a couple more seasons with us

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

I thought in the recent interview Mark Ashton did he said no player was out of contract this summer 

He did and there are not. City have options to extend Reid and Brownhill. Both will be pushing for increased contracts of course but the clubs option keeps them our players. Despite some stuff written here earlier in the season. 

47 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Where would you find a Championship ready goalscorer in January who was already in double figures for less than £15m [Andre Gray, Chris Wood, Kodja all cost more] - to sell would show a serious lack of ambition - unless he is refusing a new contract?

Famara Diedhou, Milan Djuric, Matty Taylor, Gustav Engvall, Freddy Hinds, Shawn McColskey.

Losing Reid would be a blow, and I can't be certain that all of the above would be fit and ready to take over, but we're not at all reliant on him. Indeed I'd be quite surprised if Johnson's plan for the season involved Reid being the top scorer.

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

But I think I would be pretty upset, money aside, if Bobby left to a rival. We have waited so long for 'young Bobby Reid' to come good, and now that he has I want to see a couple more seasons with us

See the way I see it is that we've waited so long for him to come good that what we're seeing now is quite possibly little more than a hot streak. It's a negative way of looking at things perhaps, but I can't help feeling that it's all temporary and that the best thing to do would be to cash in and move the next one from the production line into place.

Perhaps I'll feel differently if he's still scoring in January and we've a real chance of promotion. It'd be foolish to risk that for the sake of a few million.

If we are doing just as well in January as we are now I would be disappointed to see anyone who has been significant to the 1st team go. 

If we are challenging for promotion we need to be strengthening, not selling and relying/hoping somone steps up to replace somone. 

If we are offered 5-10mill for a player that may be hard to turn down but the potential rewards are much higher. 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

He did and there are not. City have options to extend Reid and Brownhill. Both will be pushing for increased contracts of course but the clubs option keeps them our players. Despite some stuff written here earlier in the season. 

Are you sure on that? I thought an extension is only apparent that we have the option to extend on certain terms, if those terms aren't adhered to, they are free agents?

1 hour ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Famara Diedhou, Milan Djuric, Matty Taylor, Gustav Engvall, Freddy Hinds, Shawn McColskey.

Losing Reid would be a blow, and I can't be certain that all of the above would be fit and ready to take over, but we're not at all reliant on him. Indeed I'd be quite surprised if Johnson's plan for the season involved Reid being the top scorer.

See the way I see it is that we've waited so long for him to come good that what we're seeing now is quite possibly little more than a hot streak. It's a negative way of looking at things perhaps, but I can't help feeling that it's all temporary and that the best thing to do would be to cash in and move the next one from the production line into place.

Perhaps I'll feel differently if he's still scoring in January and we've a real chance of promotion. It'd be foolish to risk that for the sake of a few million.

I may have misunderstood but are you really suggesting Matty Taylor, Gustav Engvall, Freddy Hinds, Shawn McColskey are proven [+10 goal championship strikers] - most can't get into lower league starting line-ups and may have potential, just like Wes Burns, but could never step up to regular championship goals now when we need them for a promotion push. 

46 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Are you sure on that? I thought an extension is only apparent that we have the option to extend on certain terms, if those terms aren't adhered to, they are free agents?

Its difficult to know what the individual terms of an extension are Palm. However what we know is that the club have options to extend and MA is saying no one is out of contract, thus the club are prepared to meet them, whatever they may be or even if they exist. 

What will happen of course is the players agents will get stuck in to increasing the contracts over the next few months as the longer they players don't sign after the extension is taken up the more leverage the player has. BUT the risk increases too. If a player runs down his contract as Maynard and Freeman did and they get a bad injury suddenly they are on there own when the contract runs out.

These two currently have huge value and everyone knows it so the club will want to negotiate, so good for them and us.

Archived