IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Suspended for 2 matches

View from the Dolman

When this thread popped up again I knew what was going to be talked about. Niasse not only dives , but he was already booked so should have been off before he gets the equaliser. Now that is a game changer if ever I saw one. No doubt if anything will be done unless the FA are embarrassed into it.

And here is where the whole system is a complete farce - imagine the same situation, but at the end of the season and that Palace are still battling relegation. Imagine further that Niasse continues his excellent form and is Everton's standout player, and next up for Everton are Palace's relegation rivals Swansea and West Ham.

The Swans and the Hammers are now rubbing their hands together because Niasse has a two match ban applied retrospectively, making their relegation 6 pointer with Everton a lot easier, and Palace are now suffering twice further for the crime of being the victim of cheating.

11 minutes ago, Super said:

The problem I have with that is that has cost Palace 2 points (not that I like palace!) The result should be changed.

True, as I said before. If he had been done for diving during the game, it was a 2nd yellow and he would have been off and unable to have scored the equaliser. OK he's banned, doesn't bring back the 2 points.

7 minutes ago, bristoldan19 said:

I may not be understanding this properly, but why does Niasse have the right to respond and appeal but City didn't have that option with BW? 

Apologies if I have misunderstood 

We did but it was I believe we were given 24 hours and that would've been the Friday before the Cardiff game - not exactly ideal preparation time for this unknown event.

I think all Everton need to do is show the footage of the Watford penalty against Arsenal, where the player was not punished retrospectively.

I just find it amazing that this punishment will be a two game ban, whereas when Dele Ali dived v Huddersfield the punishment was a yellow card.

So the logic here, is not to punish diving but to punish players who get away with diving due to poor referee decisions.

45 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Be interested who’s on the panel for according to BBC it should contain one  ex match official, ex manager and ex player. Don’t think the panel Bailey Wright had was like that.

Seem to recall there was Ken Monkou and Tony Agana and one other for Bailey's panel

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

True, as I said before. If he had been done for diving during the game, it was a 2nd yellow and he would have been off and unable to have scored the equaliser. OK he's banned, doesn't bring back the 2 points.

And weakens the team against the competition thus not helping the club against whom he offended.

There's no justice in the world , and there never was.

Archived