IGNORED

Ok. So team for tomorrow?

REDOXO

I think I’d go for:

Fielding

Vyner Flint Maggs Bryan

COD Smith Brownhill Pack Paterson 

Reid

I think we’ll need 5 across midfield because of our weak defence. Maybe switch to two up top later on when Duric comes on for a midfielder. If baker and/or Pisano are fit that put them in obviously 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think I’d go for:

Fielding

Vyner Flint Maggs Bryan

COD Smith Brownhill Pack Paterson 

Reid

I think we’ll need 5 across midfield because of our weak defence. Maybe switch to two up top later on when Duric comes on for a midfielder. If baker and/or Pisano are fit that put them in obviously 

Even if Bakes IS fit, we still need a right back, especially if Eros can't play. It's gonna have to be young Zach I guess.

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Even if Bakes IS fit, we still need a right back, especially if Eros can't play. It's gonna have to be young Zach I guess.

See if he can keep up his 100% win rate when starting for us this season. He didn't do well against Reading so this will be a serious test of whether he's anywhere close to a championship player.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

In the Mark Ashton interview posted on here, he talks about the clear pathway to the first team, and LJ isn't afraid to give young players their opportunity. If Pisano is not fit, I fully expect to see Zak start. 

6 minutes ago, eardun said:

I would play Vyner. Another option if Baker is fit would be back 3 of Flint, Baker and Mags with Brownhill RWB but not convinced we should change formation especially given little time to prepare

I wouldn't feel comfortable with Flint playing out wide in a three thhoug

2 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

If Baker is fit and Pisano is not, could Joe Bryan possibly play right back and Mags at left back or is this an absolutely ludicrous suggestion? 

No, not at all. Joe is two footed and could do this. Any injuries during the game would involve Vyner coming on or Pack going into the back four. Or even Kelly coming on. I don't think Zak or Lloyd will let us down if we decide to use one or both. 

3 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

If Baker is fit and Pisano is not, could Joe Bryan possibly play right back and Mags at left back or is this an absolutely ludicrous suggestion? 

No it's not. It is real option, I have thought about it, but it's only an option if Baker is fit. Either way, the way I see it is we have a team and favored positions, so drop players in to ot change the pattern. Thus it would be Vyner in at RB in my opinion. 

But hey I guess we will find out tomorrow morning!

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

No, not at all. Joe is two footed and could do this. Any injuries during the game would involve Vyner coming on or Pack going into the back four. Or even Kelly coming on. I don't think Zak or Lloyd will let us down if we decide to use one or both. 

I’m glad you’re with me on this. My thinking was based on Bryan being able to use his right foot quite well. It’s a tough call for LJ to make but I guess whoever he now decides to play it’s at least a selection  that Warnock wasn’t expecting us to make. 

39 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Well that's a selection issue. So

Who do you play.

Zach as a straight swap at full back with Magnússon and Flinty and Joe on the left if Pissano not fit. 

Anyone know about fitness status of all our players?

I wonder if this might actually turn in to some sort of crude advantage for us tomorrow..?

Colin will have (rightly) had Bailey Wright down as a certain starter, in whatever style or formation LJ decides to play. 

For a manager like Warnock, who arguably relies on game plans, more so than talent, could this disrupt him even more than it disrupts us..?! 

5 minutes ago, Just8 said:

I’m a bit concerned this may lead Lee to bring Baker or Pisano back in too soon. Give maggs a go. He tends to improve in each game the longer he plays.

Agree with you there. No need to rush either player back until they are fully fit. We have a bit of a break after tha Cardiff game to get them back to full fitness. Am I right in thinking that LJ hasn’t mentioned Baker’s fitness and only commented on Pisano?

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I wonder if this might actually turn in to some sort of crude advantage for us tomorrow..?

Colin will have (rightly) had Bailey Wright down as a certain starter, in whatever style or formation LJ decides to play. 

For a manager like Warnock, who arguably relies on game plans, more so than talent, could this disrupt him even more than it disrupts us..?! 

That’s a possibility. He would expect the club captain to start regardless but would he expecting him to start at right back or centre back? 

Against a Warnock managed Cardiff I would start Djuric if fit. We will need a big presence and it will likely be a physical game. Very different to the Fulham game where the 5 man midfield was a great call.

I am going to assume Pisano, Baker and Wright are not available so I would go with Vyner with COD in front of him offering defensive support. My XI:

Fielding

Vyner Flint Magnússon Bryan

COD Smith Brownhill Paterson

Reid Djuric

I missed the incident  as was watching Flint getting a yellow but having watched the video I could believe it if the ref had only given a yellow but I can't see how you can argue the red as hands were raised. Kamara should have been booked in the first half for an incident the ref missed so don't think (and he didn't) he could argue with the red. 

If you break the incident down, Kamara raised his hands and pushed Bailey which by the laws of the game is a red card offence. Bailey went down which in no way was simulation in my eyes and question how the FA are saying that it is. Now Bailey is on the floor and doesn't get up I can only assume this is where the FA are saying it is simulation. If thats the case I question how you can assume Bailey is not injured given he fell on his back/neck. 

I watch match of the day each week and see players in the Premier League still diving and play acting in fact it was only last week I was wondering what had happened to this group of so called FA experts as decisions are being missed week in week out. To then see the decision today it really does just increase my dislike and complete lack of respect for the FA who are meant to be the governing body of our game. 

It’s ‘funny’ how our relatively large squad is being tested for depth at the moment.

A lot of us, me included, thought 5 CBs was too many.  Flint, Wright, Baker, Magnússon, Hegeler.  Typically a squad will have a full-back who could play CB.  We have one in Pisano, but he’s injured too.  Not sure Vyner is ready to play CB yet, especially v Cardiff.

I hope we find a way to use the injustice of Wright in our favour.

1 minute ago, I Am A Cider Drinker said:

What would actually happen if we just said f the fa and just played Bailey?

Seriously though, just play Vyner there, that’s his position and he is next in line to play there after Pisano and Wright

All about his confidence as well, he needs to know the management have the faith in him to play him. Imagine being 4th choice behind one of our best midfielders?

58 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

Said this to my mate - would have Joe at right back and Mags at left back or if Baker out then Lloyd Kelly at left back - looks more assured than Zak currently 

18 minutes ago, I Am A Cider Drinker said:

What would actually happen if we just said f the fa and just played Bailey?

Seriously though, just play Vyner there, that’s his position and he is next in line to play there after Pisano and Wright

At the very least, the match would be awarded as a 3-0 victory to Cardiff.

40 minutes ago, wesco said:

I watch match of the day each week and see players in the Premier League still diving and play acting in fact it was only last week I was wondering what had happened to this group of so called FA experts as decisions are being missed week in week out. To then see the decision today it really does just increase my dislike and complete lack of respect for the FA who are meant to be the governing body of our game. 

It only goes to the panel if the "simulation" leads to a penalty or red card.

Archived