IGNORED

IMPORTANT - South Stand Display vs Cardiff

James

39 minutes ago, Akira said:

I do want to hear from the club regarding this. I don't want this to be swept under the carpet. Regardless of the result, whatever explanation the club give, it won't go down well with me, as there's no excuse for this in my opinion. 

Scots, Irish and Welsh are all proud of their country. It's this sorta shit, that makes me not proud of mine. 

The club charge a fortune for category A matches, and want us to get behind the team, yet they tie our hands behind our backs. We try and do something constructive, something that'll get everyone going, us and them. Isn't offensive, but helps create atmosphere, and then an hour before kick off, a load of stewards go in and mess it all up. Unforgivable. Against our local rivals aswell. I just can't understand it. 

They gonna ban us singing the national anthem next? All chants are done to get behind the team, and get under the opposition skin. As long as it's not too far past the line (and there IS a line imo) then it's fine. Waving a flag, or having placards is soft.... For that to then be 'banned' is mind boggling, and insanely frustrating. That's one way to rile your own fans... Brilliant. Well done. Ffs. 

Surely it won't be the club but the A&S Police. Police forces are very keen on health and safety, as well as covering up horrific events at Hillsborough and abusing football fans human rights.

If there are people from the EFL monitering us at the game because of the past issues with flares and the like then I can sort of understand this.

The St. Georges cross would be a (gentle) wind up to the Cardiff fans and this is a game with history of trouble.

I do think it is a bit over cautious though.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:laughcont:

Just laughing at you blaming the Police - may have had a view but clearly Clubs decision ultimately

Do you think you are living in Communist Russia ?

:laughcont:

#paranoid'casual'

No Bob we live in a parliamentary democracy, with a first past the post sytem. We shall see whose decision it was.

3 hours ago, nebristolred said:

I'm pretty damn left leaning in my views, and I'll wait to hear the rationale of the club first. But not being allowed to represent your own country's flag, in your own country, sounds absolutely ridiculous to me.

You and me both. An explanation and apology are due, especially to Harry and all those who put so much hard work into this.

Even on a great day like today BCFC manage to bugger up on the PR front. :facepalm:

17 hours ago, man in the middle said:

Just saying this looks more of a wind-up to the Welsh rather than a show of respect and I’m amazed the club have agreed to it. That’s all. 

I am sure this won't stop S82, @Harry @James_ et al from doing stuff like this again.  keep going with it, it could be great. 

Hope you've at least been given an official reason for the club decision - as mad as it may have been.

Just now, BITW said:

No, only as teams came out.

Ah, ok.

Would disagree with the ban anyway on balance, but could see the argument for avoiding 'banter' at that moment.

As it is, just no excuse. I mean, why? More I think about it, the more stupid it is, and I say this as a bleeding heart PC friendly leftie.

1 hour ago, OneWordCityNerd said:

ED1A677C-CC33-4737-A7C6-056DE03AD39D.jpeg

Excellent effort in the circumstances.

On a tangent, we are often blamed for our lack of patriotism.  We don’t really celebrate our national day, like our fellow UKers.

And then we are not allowed to show our flag.  I get that we were playing a Welsh team today, but do you seriously think Cardiff fans would’ve been upset by this during the minute silence?  Anyone offended is one of those people who wants to be offended for being offended’s sake, and imho, there are too many of these type of people and they are growing in numbers.  Very sad, imho.

And Finally, do you think if Cardiff arrange a Welsh display in the return game they’ll be forced to change it just before kick off to Italian or Bulgarian flag?  Nope.

Archived