IGNORED

The Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day Thread 16

42 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

The pessimism on here today is palpable....not sure why.

Injuries and Wright's suspension and with Cardiff as next opponents - it just feels like the everything is conspiring against us.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

again, why are you not using BCTV, it's only £12.50pm.

From what I gather on here, it not good. My link usually works well before the game, but according to the RB website the sports coverage doesn't start until 12.00 UK time which is 14.00 here, so right on KO for some reason.  It is then on air until 17.00 UK or 19.00 here.

54 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Well I’m off to work seeing as I booked Friday off initially for the game and then went to change it back I wasn’t allowed, grr, my own fault, should’ve booked the whole weekend off! By the time I’m on my lunch break the game will be over, it’s pissing it down, the misses is time of the month and in my face, my work team is about as good as a chocolate tea pot, Wright is suspended and Tomlin’s still fat as ****, I hate Warnock, anyway I had to get that out! So 3 points to make my day please City, failing that 1 is ok but 3 would be the best

Get it off your chest lad . Tonight we celebrate ! 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Can't have been planning on 352 prior to the FA **** up. So they won't have had much time to train in this formation. Worrying. Vyner would have been a worry too. Not an easy decision for Lee. Maybe he is kidding Colin and korey actually plays RB??

Don't worry for Cardiff , I'm sure the FA would have given them our formation well in advance . 

:disapointed2se:

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

Bit surprised we've not gone 352 with round pegs in round holes and instead going with a cm at rb. 

Nervous of Hoilett up against mags as he didn't look great against palace as a lb and Hoiletts a v dangerous player at this level. 

Lets see what this squads made of! 

Hoillet always does well against us. Tomlin bound to have an impact of some kind. Seems we're changing a lot to accommodate a few. Not as confident as I'd like to be 

14 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I don;t think there is Havan, I can't even get my usual RB link atm. Correction, cricfree is listing it, bit if it will be there at KO is another thing.

Quite true.. have it ready to go lets see.. doubt it.

12 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

again, why are you not using BCTV, it's only £12.50pm.

I do.. but not in a pub.

Where have I been; no matches next weekend. Is this yet another international break or FA Cup weekend?

4 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Bit surprised we've not gone 352 with round pegs in round holes and instead going with a cm at rb

Nervous of Hoilett up against mags as he didn't look great against palace as a lb and Hoiletts a v dangerous player at this level. 

Lets see what this squads made of! 

You do realise Korey is a very accomplished RB who has played there a lot through his career. Its not playing someone out of position as much as people say. 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

You do realise Korey is a very accomplished RB who has played there a lot through his career. Its not playing someone out of position as much as people say. 

Yes that's not the issue, it's the gapping hole left in centre midfield that is the problem with Korey at RB. Remember Leeds at home, where they waltzed through the middle at will?

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Korey HAS played rb before and put in some solid performances , but to say he's accomplished there is a bit of a stretch. 

He won't have been training in that position so I imagine won't feel completely natural. Not to mention the fact that he's our best CM at the mo, so will be a missing there. 

Hopefully it all works out but I was happier when I thought that line up was starting as a 352. 

Just now, Major Isewater said:

This is true but he is more effective in midfield.

We take him out of there we weaken our team.

We have a weaker defence without him. I'd still back our attacking options to give Cardiff enough problems, if we stay solid as a back line I think we can get a result. Joe Bryan has the ability to get up and down so could easily be a back 5 on defence.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Yes that's not the issue, it's the gapping hole left in centre midfield that is the problem with Korey at RB. Remember Leeds at home, where they waltzed through the middle at will?

And we've had plenty of games where Brownhill and Pack in the middle has been successful. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Vyner has a big mistake a game in him, not someone you want in a match of this magnitude. People on here were raving about Korey when he had to fill at right back last time. 

This is obvious but his mistakes are made through lack of experience, how is going to get that experience if he doesn't play ? 

With respect to the lad when he has made a mistake he is often quick enough to make amends and he doesn't let his head drop .

All the lads in the first team have been there and only grow in confidence with game time .