IGNORED

Hold Onto Your Hats

Up The City!

Fair play - they currently to contnue to surprise me

My concern UTC is the injuries , and long term ones we are carrying - we've been extremely unlucky and done brilliantly in the last few games to overcome missing players

I just fear it will catch up with us at some point

If we can battle and limp through to January and then get FD back in Feb - who knows how far we can push

Feel sorry for LJ and the squad that injuries may intervene and they don't deserve that

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

My concern UTC is the injuries , and long term ones we are carrying - we've been extremely unlucky and done brilliantly in the last few games to overcome missing players

If we can battle and limp through to January and then get FD back in Feb - who knows how far we can push

Feel sorry for LJ and the squad that injuries may intervene and they don't deserve that

I agree. However well done to the club having the strength in depth.

Pissano, Wright, Patterson Diedouh, Heggler all out and we still look good value....Two weeks off is going to help.

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree. However well done to the club having the strength in depth.

Pissano, Wright, Patterson Diedouh, Heggler all out and we still look good value....Two weeks off is going to help.

And what an incentive with Jose and his Red Devils coming to AG :chant6ez:

Incentive to impress and get fit, I would be camping the training ground at first light to get in that starting 11 against Utd

11 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

If we get to January and the injury list is still bad at least we can dip into the loan market.The way things are going we don't look too shabby a prospect either.It will be a lot easier to attract a bit of quality that wouldn't mind coming here.

I think if you're a very good prem player who is not getting games at a big club, why not come here and be part of the dream

option 1. sit on bum hoping a world class players get injured

option 2. come to the mighty city and help the lads get up and become a Bristol City legend for life

You'd be surprised what motivates a player, for me i would pick City in a heartbeat 

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We have seen many false dawns at Bristol City over the years so I'm always pretty pessimistic about our chances, especially after last season!

Up until today's game I've just enjoyed how we have been playing whilst ignoring our league position. But I think when you get to November and your in this position and you beat Cardiff,  a side we traditionally are poor against, a side that have led the way this season then I think I have now been convinced we are the real deal.

This season distinctively has the same feel as when we were promoted from League One.

I'm not going to proclaim were going to win the league or get into the top two but I firmly believe now a top 6 finish and a fight for the top two is certainly doable after everything we have seen so far this season.

Yes the injuries and suspensions are concerning but it is immensely satisfying that despite thus we continue to perform. We are down to the bare bones but the international break has come at just the right time for us (for once) 

I take a slightly different view to you whilst also agreeing with you about injuries. If we are this good without some key players then imagine how good we could be when we have these players back.

I also think it's vital we invest in January. We need to maintain our form, get players fit again and get in some quality signings to really push for the top 2. Strike whilst the iron is hot and whilst we are an extremely attractive proposition.

Usually the signing of top players is out of our reach, with the potentional of promotion and a huge pay rise that ggoes with promotion then we are going to attract some decent talent.

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

We have seen many false dawns at Bristol City over the years so I'm always pretty pessimistic about our chances, especially after last season!

Up until today's game I've just enjoyed how we have been playing whilst ignoring our league position. But I think when you get to November and your in this position and you beat Cardiff,  a side we traditionally are poor against, a side that have led the way this season then I think I have now been convinced we are the real deal.

This season distinctively has the same feel as when we were promoted from League One.

I'm not going to proclaim were going to win the league or get into the top two but I firmly believe now a top 6 finish and a fight for the top two is certainly doable after everything we have seen so far this season.

Yes the injuries and suspensions are concerning but it is immensely satisfying that despite thus we continue to perform. We are down to the bare bones but the international break has come at just the right time for us (for once) 

I take a slightly different view to you whilst also agreeing with you about injuries. If we are this good without some key players then imagine how good we could be when we have these players back.

I also think it's vital we invest in January. We need to maintain our form, get players fit again and get in some quality signings to really push for the top 2. Strike whilst the iron is hot and whilst we are an extremely attractive proposition.

Usually the signing of top players is out of our reach, with the potentional of promotion and a huge pay rise that ggoes with promotion then we are going to attract some decent talent.

Agree with you - in that If we can stay in the micpx come the return of the players , the momentum  the returning players may give could be priceless 

For what it's worth I think Wolves and Villa will take the top two spots but no reason we can't be trying to take one and a PO place is looking a possibility 

45 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Because now I firmly believe we are in a promotion battle.

I've been pretty relaxed about our chances up until now. I knew today's game would be a huge test and we have proven we can consistently go toe to toe with the big boys in this league.

Up The City!!!!!

Such a shame we are having bad luck with injuries. Bobby was shaking his head as he came off down the tunnel. Let's hope he isn't crocked too. The lads are stepping up well. We just need to get through to Jan to reinforce the loan market if needed. 

44 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Because now I firmly believe we are in a promotion battle.

I've been pretty relaxed about our chances up until now. I knew today's game would be a huge test and we have proven we can consistently go toe to toe with the big boys in this league.

Up The City!!!!!

I'm much the same. This was the one I was looking at a few weeks ago, keep our good form and win this one, it's just fuels the feelgood factor and momentum. We now have the break to work on fitness for a few players, they are not going to want to slip in that break with United coming and tv cameras coming for Boro... stars seem to be aligning. 

Having a good start to the season is one thing but to be beating Fulham and Sunderland away at the back end of October, then Cardiff first game of November is a sign of a serious contender. To have so many forced changes as well is ok incredible. Next up three good opponents, each a little fragile.

31 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

I think if you're a very good prem player who is not getting games at a big club, why not come here and be part of the dream

option 1. sit on bum hoping a world class players get injured

option 2. come to the mighty city and help the lads get up and become a Bristol City legend for life

You'd be surprised what motivates a player, for me i would pick City in a heartbeat 

Not being at all biased . :laughcont:

I still think this has parallels with 1974/75. Alan Dicks’s side started to come good and were thereabouts at the top of the table but just missed out. AD kept the majority of the side together, added a couple of signings and we had lift off in 1975/76. I’d love to get promoted this season but I suspect we won’t.

Doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy it though!

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

I will believe we have a chance of promotion come late April. In the meantime, enjoy it day by day and don't heap the pressure on. Great result today, but keep calm, don't panic, etc.! 

We have achieved nothing as of yet, all we have done is put ourselves in a excellent position in the league to push on and have a real crack at it.

I don't agree with your stance, the dream snd our current position should be used to our advantage to help push us on.

In our play off season we went along picking up win after win, winning became a habit and then the dream looked like it could come true and it was our belief that we could make it come true that saw us grind out results even when we were poor.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

We have achieved nothing as of yet, all we have done is put ourselves in a excellent position in the league to push on and have a real crack at it.

I don't agree with your stance, the dream snd our current position should be used to our advantage to help push us on.

In our play off season we went along picking up win after win, winning became a habit and then the dream looked like it could come true and it was our belief that we could make it come true that saw us grind out results even when we were poor.

don't worry, ll up for belief - and it's amazing that people are getting behind the city now :) as a distant fan for geographical reasons, nothing makes me happier than seeing us skull a result against cardiff! but reading this page a couple of weeks ago after the leeds game the negativity was astonishing. We need to get a grip and stand strong! 

Can't agree Maggers had a shocker, that totally ignores the context of his situation. Just remember he's spent most of the season patiently sat on the bench, never complained, always applauds the fans after every game, and never has the chance to be fully 'match sharp'. (Most international players would have thrown their toys out of the pram by now). Then suddenly called on to play a full game and shows great commitment - ok not a perfect performance (is any player ?) but what a great squad player to have.

4 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

it will show if LJ statement of having a first team of 22 people is true. Apart from Hegeler everyone seems to be performing when they come into the team.

Admittedly Hegeler had poor game Vs Leeds, but who didn't? I personally thought Flint had a poorer game.

The other two games he has came in for, especially the Stoke game, he has been exceptional. So not buying this criticism of Hegs. Good player who had a poor game. Get over it. 

This not just aimed at you ( @hoxton casual ), but everyone who seems to have short memories. 

26 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Admittedly Hegeler had poor game Vs Leeds, but who didn't? I personally thought Flint had a poorer game.

The other two games he has came in for, especially the Stoke game, he has been exceptional. So not buying this criticism of Hegs. Good player who had a poor game. Get over it. 

This not just aimed at you ( @hoxton casual ), but everyone who seems to have short memories. 

Hegeler and Magnússon not up to the pace / physicality / intensity of the Championship

Move on

IMHO

Archived