IGNORED

How would you spend £5m in January?

myol'man

Assuming we are still in the top 6 on New Years Day and you had £5m to spend in the transfer window, how would you spend it? For me it would all go on one player, a top top class midfield playmaker. That could be the final piece in the jigsaw. COYR :chant6ez: 

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

Assuming we are still in the top 6 on New Years Day and you had £5m to spend in the transfer window, how would you spend it? For me it would all go on one player, a top top class midfield playmaker. That could be the final piece in the jigsaw. COYR :chant6ez: 

I guess it depends on injuries but as things stand it would go on a new right-back to cover Pisano’s injury, an all round central-midfielder & another striker to cover Diedhiou’s injury & the potential for Taylor & Djuric to pick up injuries.

That said, if we could cover one or two of those players with loan signings, then the majority of the money could go on the position we haven’t covered.

The last thing we can afford to do is get caught short on having the right players for the right positions.

I need a name for midfield. I honestly can’t think of someone that would be A) available B) affordable and C) better than Smith and/or Brownhill. 

5m seems a general number. If we were still within a few points of top 2 I am not sure I would want to mess with things too much. I would not say no to loaning out Vyner and bringing in another RB on loan to compete with Wright and play the odd game when needed as Pisano has not stayed fit. Also, if we could loan in another CM who can spell Smith or Brownhill then I’d be all for it. 

Pretty much, I’d be happy to dip into the loan market more than anything. It is hard for me to pick out a weakness in our fully fit starting XI. I know you can’t sit still but I am not saavy enough to say how I’d spend a set amount of money. Maybe use our league position to lure in someone who may not have thought about us seriously before now

As above but I would also like to see some more fire power added.

Young Bobby has been fantastic but he willl hit a barren spell, Milos is not going to get too many, Fam, same story and it's uncertain when he will be back.

Taylor is no way good enough for a team looking to get into the playoffs and Woodrow...........

I think the answer would be to try and get an EPL striker in, not a young lad, who is not getting much football, on loan.

6 minutes ago, myol'man said:

If we could find one who wanted to play in the Championship

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Right Back is the most crucial thing at moment 

This, but we may look at a loan to cover Pisano.  

Midfielder wise, if only we could prise Bannan away from Wednesday, it could make the difference, but he’d be top £££.

I think our war chest will be more than double that if we are in this position in January. 

A keeper. Fielding was so lackadaisical today it scared me. Flint was none to impressed with his antics and let him know.  

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

A lot of football to be played till January. Thought we did well in the last January window to get in Wright, Duric and Taylor. I would like us to try and get a couple from lower championship clubs. Maybe players that contracts are running down on the cheap. Or maybe there's one or two stand out league one players. Whatever we do I am not sure I'd want players from overseas. Duric pretty much adapted straight away, but generally I wouldn't expect an overseas player giving us what we need immediately. We might well loan out vyner, kelly and maybe Magnússon. Or maybe even sell Magnússon. And wouldn't be surprised if hegeler leaves too. I can see us replacing 2 or 3, and maybe adding a couple more ontop of that.

Who's going to sign hegeler when he's crocked till at least February 

Much will depend on whether there are any sales, will be good if not. Must confess that I don't see too many weaknesses, we have a good squad, works hard, high energy, maybe lacking in depth, then again, opportunity for youngsters to step up. I'm not too sure that we need much, maybe a loan or two, but if we do spend, stick to buying younger players with a good attitude, that we can develop. This policy is starting to show benefits, so let's carry on doing the right thing.

29 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Couple of loans, and some big bonuses to some of our players to ensure they are not tempted elsewhere...

That's my feeling too, got to hang on to what we got. Flint and Joe were the talk of the last transfer window and have improved immensely since. Maybe Harry has long gone but they certainly must have drawn some attention. Then there are players like Reid and Brownhill who weren't on anyone's radar in August. 

We do need another Bailey Wright type player for RB, someone proven and could slot in seamlessly, and to be fair Baker did too. Not sure if we can find that with a loan as most clubs will need their players with the emergency loan no longer available. I guess it depends on how we see Pisano in the future, unluckily injury prone or on the verge of a run in the team once injury free?

59 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I need a name for midfield. I honestly can’t think of someone that would be A) available B) affordable and C) better than Smith and/or Brownhill. 

5m seems a general number. If we were still within a few points of top 2 I am not sure I would want to mess with things too much. I would not say no to loaning out Vyner and bringing in another RB on loan to compete with Wright and play the odd game when needed as Pisano has not stayed fit. Also, if we could loan in another CM who can spell Smith or Brownhill then I’d be all for it. 

Pretty much, I’d be happy to dip into the loan market more than anything. It is hard for me to pick out a weakness in our fully fit starting XI. I know you can’t sit still but I am not saavy enough to say how I’d spend a set amount of money. Maybe use our league position to lure in someone who may not have thought about us seriously before now

That's the mistake GJ made so this time I'd rather we went all in and get some real quality in.

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

That's the mistake GJ made so this time I'd rather we went all in and get some real quality in.

No doubt I just don’t have any idea who we could bring in!!! If I had a list of names in different positions I would be much better at this game. Anyway, I am not saying bring no one in just not sure where we need a first XI player. Need some depth in a couple position at least though

Archived