IGNORED

How would you spend £5m in January?

myol'man

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I just popped over to the Villa forum after reading about Lansbury's availability (good player) and they're not impressed with Hogan and want him sold for £4M even though they paid £12M (??) for him. When we played Brentford at our place a season or 2 ago (when Freeman was sent off), I thought Hogan gave a masterclass in how to play up front on his own, he was superb! It appears Villa keep hoofing long balls at him with little or no creative passing which is where he thrives. If we could get him for £4M and his wages weren't obscene, he's one player I would like to see us show interest in.

As for Lansbury, good though he is, he comes across as a bit of a diva as well as being injury prone, we don't want to risk the togetherness of the squad by bringing him in IMHO.

I would love Hogan at our club, different to anything we have but can't see Villa selling to us as promotion rival 

On 04/11/2017 at 17:25, ScottishRed said:

As above but I would also like to see some more fire power added.

Young Bobby has been fantastic but he willl hit a barren spell, Milos is not going to get too many, Fam, same story and it's uncertain when he will be back.

Taylor is no way good enough for a team looking to get into the playoffs and Woodrow...........

I think the answer would be to try and get an EPL striker in, not a young lad, who is not getting much football, on loan.

Peter Crouch?

20 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I believe that the answer is "yes it's a bit early" but I'm sure we wouldn't turn it down if it did turn out to be possible.

I would think he would want to get there ASAP. With the money he has put in and the financial rewards to gain to make the club self sufficient it beggars belief he would accept its too soon

you don’t get too many opportunities to get to the Premier league and even if it’s just for one season it would set the club up for many years 

On 04/11/2017 at 17:25, ScottishRed said:

As above but I would also like to see some more fire power added.

Young Bobby has been fantastic but he willl hit a barren spell, Milos is not going to get too many, Fam, same story and it's uncertain when he will be back.

Taylor is no way good enough for a team looking to get into the playoffs and Woodrow...........

I think the answer would be to try and get an EPL striker in, not a young lad, who is not getting much football, on loan.

Nothing wrong with Taylor gives us another dimension when he comes on starting or sub.I like the bloke and i like his attitude!!!

8 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Not sure if we still have add ons attached to the kodjis deal ? But hogan in is a great shout £4m then sell Taylor for what £1m ? 

Surely we buy Hogan for £4m sell Taylor and pocket the £6m balance. :whistle:

On 04/11/2017 at 19:30, WRERE said:

Was just about to post about Woods. He looked class tonight and did everything in midfield from switching play, coming deep to get the ball and just being busy. Not sure how much he'd cost but he'd be a great signing based on tonight

On 04/11/2017 at 19:31, Top Robin said:

He was brilliant tonight...get the cheque book out Steve

On 04/11/2017 at 19:37, BobBobSuperBob said:

There's all sorts of players about but they need to fit into our 'Busy Bee' philosophy and he'd be perfect , creative too - and does plenty of work and challenges 

Great suggestion I TOTALLY AGREE with the above or maybe Watson at Watford, good at this level and can score goals (except don't let him take a Pen !! ... remember when he missed against us for Palace I think) A CM who can score.  

On 04/11/2017 at 17:18, myol'man said:

Assuming we are still in the top 6 on New Years Day and you had £5m to spend in the transfer window, how would you spend it? For me it would all go on one player, a top top class midfield playmaker. That could be the final piece in the jigsaw. COYR :chant6ez: 

Buy loads of property and live off the rental income. Maybe a nice holiday and a new car too...

Archived