IGNORED

Poppies on shirts, guess which Club

cheshire_red

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I don’t wear a poppy because I don’t want to. Hope that’s okay

Totally fine by me @RedDave. I had not worn one for a decade or more until a couple of years ago when @54-46 sorted me a badge. Which I then lost. And replaced this year. People who mither others about wearing a poppy can GTF. 

On 08/11/2017 at 06:53, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I'm no historical expert.... never claimed I was, but as far as my memory serves me, we were definitely using them during the Boer War (so a good while before WW2). Whatever the facts, and regardless of who invented them. I work on the basis that two wrongs dont make a right.

Internment is not the same as a death camp. That's what I meant about the only thing being the same was the term "concentration camp". The number of British soldiers that died in those Boer camps was higher proportionately then the civilians/pows because the conditions and lack of provisions were terrible for everyone. 

Both wrongs but industrialised genocide of millions is a very different wrong!

17 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

We had camps in this country during the napoleonic wars thousands died in those camps. I saw it on Time Team when they did an investigation they found thousands of graves. We also had quite a few camps around the west country. Mind you the French were doing the same thing, but it still doesn't make it right. 

Correct but it was long ago when the world was meaner, and here's the point. Britain lost millions in wars against the Germans but we get along fine now and dont feel the need to demonstrate our hatred towards them apart from a few hundred pissed up shirters at football tournaments going on about bombers. 

Green brigade on the other hand..

I almost ignored this repetitive thread!

It strikes me that Celtic now rather enjoy there pantomime villain status and do this now just to get a raise, what rogues!

If we didn't pay them the attention they are craving, i wonder how long it would really go on for?

Will definitely try to not respond to this thread next year :P

49 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Correct but it was long ago when the world was meaner, and here's the point. Britain lost millions in wars against the Germans but we get along fine now and dont feel the need to demonstrate our hatred towards them apart from a few hundred pissed up shirters at football tournaments going on about bombers. 

Green brigade on the other hand..

agreed. Green Brigade are different gravy. I'm not about to defend 'em, but I know a regular at Celtic says "every club has it's ***** associated with it". It's impossible to dispute that

22 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

agreed. Green Brigade are different gravy. I'm not about to defend 'em, but I know a regular at Celtic says "every club has it's ***** associated with it". It's impossible to dispute that

Agreed about every club owning arseholes, but you must admit the GB is pretty large very well organised, and I would be surprised if anti British sentiments would be tolerated anywhere else.

Genuine question, and I accept you might not know the answer but what are Hibs like in that regard?

3 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Agreed about every club owning arseholes, but you must admit the GB is pretty large very well organised, and I would be surprised if anti British sentiments would be tolerated anywhere else.

Genuine question, and I accept you might not know the answer but what are Hibs like in that regard?

Hibs are different again.... yes there is some degree of antagonism between them and the Jam Tarts but it's nowhere near the Glaswegian issue.... but there again your religion seems less important on the East Coast. As a sidenote, I understand that Pat Nevin has switched from following Celtic to following Hibs as a direct result of the actions of the loons in Glasgow. He'd rather take the kids to Easter Road than Parkhead (hugely understandable in my view)

Yes the GB is huge and well organised... and frankly out of control. Celtic (as a club) absolutely need to deal with the issue

just looked up Pat Nevin on wiki... says this 

Nevin grew up supporting Celtic,[4] but has more recently supported Hibernian.[14] He has been reported to have switched allegiances for, among other things, feeling that his boyhood heroes had become a large corporate organisation and that Celtic Park no longer felt like home.[14] Another reason for his switch was reported to be the IRA chanting from Celtic fans in front of his son.[15] He also supports his former club Chelsea, and writes a weekly column for the Chelsea website.[16] Nevin lives in Duns, a small town in the Scottish Borders with his wife and two children.[17] His daughter, also a keen sports player, was a Scottish champion in badminton.

33 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Hibs are different again.... yes there is some degree of antagonism between them and the Jam Tarts but it's nowhere near the Glaswegian issue.... but there again your religion seems less important on the East Coast. As a sidenote, I understand that Pat Nevin has switched from following Celtic to following Hibs as a direct result of the actions of the loons in Glasgow. He'd rather take the kids to Easter Road than Parkhead (hugely understandable in my view)

Yes the GB is huge and well organised... and frankly out of control. Celtic (as a club) absolutely need to deal with the issue

just looked up Pat Nevin on wiki... says this 

Nevin grew up supporting Celtic,[4] but has more recently supported Hibernian.[14] He has been reported to have switched allegiances for, among other things, feeling that his boyhood heroes had become a large corporate organisation and that Celtic Park no longer felt like home.[14] Another reason for his switch was reported to be the IRA chanting from Celtic fans in front of his son.[15] He also supports his former club Chelsea, and writes a weekly column for the Chelsea website.[16] Nevin lives in Duns, a small town in the Scottish Borders with his wife and two children.[17] His daughter, also a keen sports player, was a Scottish champion in badminton.

Well said.

Barcelona, Celtic and Argentina always seem to escape FIFA/UEFA punishment when it comes to displaying political messages and fan behavior

5 hours ago, SARJ said:

Well said.

Barcelona, Celtic and Argentina always seem to escape FIFA/UEFA punishment when it comes to displaying political messages and fan behavior

Well, Celtic have had around 12 fines in the last six seasons for the political behaviour of their fans...I can't believe the club just pays the fines but seems to do nothing to eradicate the problem....

6 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Hibs are different again.... yes there is some degree of antagonism between them and the Jam Tarts but it's nowhere near the Glaswegian issue....

I'm not a Hibs fan at all, enjoyed my trips to Easter Road though as an away fan....but, they do have the most awesome club anthem....just brill...this almost reduced me to tears, I had to pretend I had something in my eye...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm not a Hibs fan at all, enjoyed my trips to Easter Road though as an away fan....but, they do have the most awesome club anthem....just brill...this almost reduced me to tears, I had to pretend I had something in my eye...

cracking rendition after the Cup Final win at Hampden over  Rangers.

On 10/11/2017 at 20:35, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, Celtic have had around 12 fines in the last six seasons for the political behaviour of their fans...I can't believe the club just pays the fines but seems to do nothing to eradicate the problem....

Why would they do anything to eradicate it, when they support it?

Bath City under 9s had their second minutes silence on Sunday (they had one the Sunday before as well) but shockingly they did not wear poppies on their shirts.  Does the extra minute's silence cancel out the lack of poppies in the case of under 9s? Sorry, don't know what the rules are on this.

Archived