IGNORED

Enough ?

Slippin cider

3 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/elderly-couples-home-set-fire-729767

Is it time to ban fireworks from general sale in shops and confine to organised displays only? ....they are freely available to buy and are open to abuse ...legalised bombs ! 

:yawn:

I think so and have for years now - ever since the yobs took over the streets basically. Fortunately we don`t have problems where we live, you`re more likely to hear a rook scarer than a firework, but it must be hell on some of these estates. I remember working in Newport around November 5th a couple of years ago and could look over the city from where I was staying and it was like Beirut every night.

At least this one wasn`t malicious but I bet there were a hell of a lot over the weekend that were at best down to stupidity and at worst the nasty malicious attitude some people have.

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think so and have for years now - ever since the yobs took over the streets basically. Fortunately we don`t have problems where we live, you`re more likely to hear a rook scarer than a firework, but it must be hell on some of these estates. I remember working in Newport around November 5th a couple of years ago and could look over the city from where I was staying and it was like Beirut every night.

At least this one wasn`t malicious but I bet there were a hell of a lot over the weekend that were at best down to stupidity and at worst the nasty malicious attitude some people have.

Agreed.

But to be fair, Newport always looks like Beirut!

As someone who loves a home display I'd be disappointed. I always dig in my firework tube and make sure fireworks that can fall are dug in and bricked in. I also don't drink if I'm using anything bigger than a sparkler. 

However clearly selling easy to use, propelled explosives to any Tom, Dick or Harry is not sensible. Perhaps raising the age limit to 25 (although that would see me unable to buy them) would be a better compromise. If they were taken off sale to the public however, I'd completely understand.

23 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Its just a sad firework gone astray or possibly a human error in setting said firework up, fireworks have been around for about 2000yrs, why restrict the sale of them even further, just because of a stray/accident?

It`s more than that though. I`ve lived on estates where the little scratters let them off continually for at least two weeks either side of bonfire night, setting fire to cars, bins, kids play parks, trees, hedges and anything else they want to destroy.

Back in the day it wasn`t a real problem but the little feral shits nowadays are different altogether. Out of their heads on skunk or cheap cider and let loose with explosives - what could possibly go wrong?

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s more than that though. I`ve lived on estates where the little scratters let them off continually for at least two weeks either side of bonfire night, setting fire to cars, bins, kids play parks, trees, hedges and anything else they want to destroy.

Back in the day it wasn`t a real problem but the little feral shits nowadays are different altogether. Out of their heads on skunk or cheap cider and let loose with explosives - what could possibly go wrong?

I completely understand your point here, in terms of vandalism, but they surely could start fires using a lighter if fireworks never existed and as you said "setting fires". I dont think tightening the sale of them may hinder said hooligans from getting their hands on one, but as you said "setting fires" there is all sorts of ways. The fact there are countless videos on YouTube and articles on the internet in creating fires/small explosives, they'll find ways if they really wanted to.

Now I dont know if Russia has a special occasion to use fireworks like what we and the US does other than the new year period but as for little shits on cheap cider, before a recent change in the law, over there anything under 10% ABV  was considered a "soft" drink like Coca Cola and it was legal for any 5yr old to go up and buy one. Granted I dont follow the Russian media as I dont speak Russian, but I'm sure their own versions of "pissed chavs" must've caused all sorts of troubles over the years. It's good Russia now considers all ABV volume drinks for the over 18s.

"Feral shits" will find a means to cause trouble.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Little scrotes getting a pasting when the piss off the wrong person. I've see 2 flattened already for intimidating an old lady.

******* scrotes got what the deserved. No telling off. A broken nose at the very least from what I witnessed  14 or 15 year old I think probably grew up very quickly after that. Little scumbag

1 minute ago, TRL said:

Little stores getting a pasting when the puss off the wrong person. I've see 2 flattened already for intimidating an old lady.

******* scrotes got what the deserved. No telling off. A broken nose at the very least from what I witnessed  14 or 15 year old I think probably grew up very quickly after that. Little scumbag

Good. The police won`t do **** all so it`s up to decent people to. Just make sure they can`t be identified as we all know who`ll be punished the most.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Good. The police won`t do **** all so it`s up to decent people to. Just make sure they can`t be identified as we all know who`ll be punished the most.

Indeed. I think about 3 people witnessed it, bit wont be acting as witnesses for the two kids splatteted on the floor. That has already been decided as far as i am aware.

Archived