IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday away (Merged)

BCFC1512

The nature of the defeat at Sheffield Wed showed the few of us to make the trip that we were not as good as our position might have suggested. A Tomlin pen miss and GON sending off within 30 seconds cost us 3 points.. and a lot more. 

These two experienced Pros may have split the dressing room by thinking they could get away with taking on our young coach. 

Well Lj knew best, was supported by the people that matter and must now see Bobby and Brownhills as very satisfactory, lower cost replacements

Well done Lee and get behind the lads at the Leppings Lane. So much a better ground than characterless Hull. 

4 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

The nature of the defeat at Sheffield Wed showed the few of us to make the trip that we were not as good as our position might have suggested. A Tomlin pen miss and GON sending off within 30 seconds cost us 3 points.. and a lot more. 

These two experienced Pros may have split the dressing room by thinking they could get away with taking on our young coach. 

Well Lj knew best, was supported by the people that matter and must now see Bobby and Brownhills as very satisfactory, lower cost replacements

Well done Lee and get behind the lads at the Leppings Lane. So much a better ground than characterless Hull. 

Between pack winning the pen and O'Neill getting sent off was the worst few minutes of our season away and there were lots of bad moments (entire matches). We were virtually a one player team that day. Pack feeding Abraham was our 'tactic'. Tammy was exceptional. That was a problem last season, we relied too much on individuals- tomlin, O'Neill, Abraham. When O'Neill and tomlin lost form we looked very ordinary. 

6 hours ago, Stockwood nick said:

Personally i can only do 1 of this or hull, havent even been to hull so im doing that instead. Shame we have 2 away trips that are so far away after eachother!

I did Hull two seasons ago, it's culturally "different" The ground is about a twenty minute walk from the city centre and nothing out there. A couple of reasonable pubs in the newly rejuvinated centre areas next to the waterside and the locals a bit scary but harmless! Having been thumped 4-0 on a bleak day with the wind coming in off the North sea I was pleased to get back to Bristol

Good that you're going....every bit of support counts up there. I'm gonna probably do Wednesday....not been to Hillsborough for years

23 minutes ago, City Cat said:

I did Hull two seasons ago, it's culturally "different" The ground is about a twenty minute walk from the city centre and nothing out there. A couple of reasonable pubs in the newly rejuvinated centre areas next to the waterside and the locals a bit scary but harmless! Having been thumped 4-0 on a bleak day with the wind coming in off the North sea I was pleased to get back to Bristol

Good that you're going....every bit of support counts up there. I'm gonna probably do Wednesday....not been to Hillsborough for years

Only twelve quid for Hull too isn`t it?

I know this thread is about Wednesday away, but few have mentioned Hull, which made me think ....

For games like Hull, it would be so good if the club offered free transport for those going. It's not an attractive away fixture, but if transport (buses) was put on, you're bound to get a fair few more going (especially with tickets £12)

I really dislike when fans ask for money back, or low tickets prices etc. and I don't wanna sound like that, but I think it would be a good initiative to get a few more up there. And would it really cost the club much in the grand scheme of things? I've seen other clubs do it. 

24 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

I know this thread is about Wednesday away, but few have mentioned Hull, which made me think ....

For games like Hull, it would be so good if the club offered free transport for those going. It's not an attractive away fixture, but if transport (buses) was put on, you're bound to get a fair few more going (especially with tickets £12)

I really dislike when fans ask for money back, or low tickets prices etc. and I don't wanna sound like that, but I think it would be a good initiative to get a few more up there. And would it really cost the club much in the grand scheme of things? I've seen other clubs do it. 

Last time I went we were only 500....this made the day more grim for the 4-0 defeat. Incentives to get the fans there are good but you can't polish a turd, it's a hard core away game.....but fun in a masochistic kind of way...:gasmask:

8 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Should be an interesting game, couple of good wins for us after a poor run. Hoping we're starting to turn the season around, but you've been excellent so far so will be a tough one. 

Wish we didn't have to wait 2 weeks.

I just hope that whatever the outcome we can both come away from the game with no left overs. I've never had a problem with Sheffield Wednesday in all honesty. Don't get me on the other lot though. I'm not sure it's the silly stripes, the Warnock connection, Bassett, long ball, the arrogant looking, tattoo wearing  little manager they got there now... i've just not liked 'em. i share something in common with you, Owl. Roll on the next proper football!

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

Will be there, £90 on the train and £30 plus for a ticket is a bit steep though

Our ticket prices are outrageous mate, highest in the league and we don't exactly have the wealthiest fans. There's a lot of unrest at the moment with the chairman, despite his big investment in the playing squad he seems to be getting everything else wrong. This season's shirts only went on sale last week!

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Our ticket prices are outrageous mate, highest in the league and we don't exactly have the wealthiest fans. There's a lot of unrest at the moment with the chairman, despite his big investment in the playing squad he seems to be getting everything else wrong. This season's shirts only went on sale last week!

Higher than Leeds? Always love going to Hillsborough and having your fans at AG who always come in good numbers and create a great atmosphere compared to the other Sheffield club who all seem to have a chip on their shoulders 

Just now, harrys said:

Higher than Leeds? Always love going to Hillsborough and having your fans at AG who always come in good numbers and create a great atmosphere compared to the other Sheffield club who all seem to have a chip on their shoulders 

I think so, certainly when it's a higher catergory game, the cheapest adult ticket for the derby a few weeks ago was £42. 

£33 is the cheapest against you, which I assume is also the away price.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Is he the Boro lad that was on loan at PNE last season?

I think the one PNE really really really let get away could well turn out to be young Josh Brownhill.   Shit how well has this guy played for us recently. Looks a prem player in the making easily

Archived