IGNORED

Marginal gains- Interesting read

Gmac

I found it interesting but focussed on the silly gains and not things like the drones which are the real key.

Also, email addresses we can all input too - really? We can’t even get any decent dialogue about moving the fans card display let alone share our insights about team improvements !!

8 minutes ago, Neo said:

I found it interesting but focussed on the silly gains and not things like the drones which are the real key.

Also, email addresses we can all input too - really? We can’t even get any decent dialogue about moving the fans card display let alone share our insights about team improvements !!

I suppose the argument is that a lot of clubs may use drones but not all put as much effort into the little things. 

25 minutes ago, Neo said:

Doesn’t it say that was for employees rather than fans?

8 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Doesn’t it say that was for employees rather than fans?

Not how I read it in that it goes on about everybody has an accessible  email addy - maybe misunderstood but would find it insulting if the dick who served me a lager dash on Saturday had more access to input to the club running than me - he didn’t have a wucking foo !!

5 hours ago, Neo said:

Not how I read it in that it goes on about everybody has an accessible  email addy - maybe misunderstood but would find it insulting if the dick who served me a lager dash on Saturday had more access to input to the club running than me - he didn’t have a wucking foo !!

It is all employees at Bristol Sport but that doesnt extend to pint pullers.  

Drones is a big gain not a marginal gain. This article is all about the one percents.

12 hours ago, Neo said:

The way i read it, that email address isn't just about improving the team, it's about finding improvements in bristol city/sport in general. For example; if a barman could see a way of speeding up service then they can put the suggestion forward via email. It's nothing more than a digital suggestion box for employees. Lots of companies do this, it's nothing new from that perspective.

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Attention to detail,I guess.......

The "marginal gains" term was first used by Sky's Brailsford the cycle guru. 

Moving the riders mattresses from hotel to hotel was just one innovative idea.

He was interviewed about it and said that even 0.5 % advantage is huge.

13 hours ago, Neo said:

Apparently silly detail away from the washing can be of significance. If you accept that football is a game that is massively affected by the financial clout of each club v the financial clout of the other the small margins that are left become even more important.

A small adjustment to training that leaves players with five minutes more ball rolling time can turn into hours over a season of training.

From the moment players arrive at training to matches at top clubs everything is meticulously planned down to what we may consider to be the less important e.g. aesthetics.

Archived