IGNORED

JUST RELEASED - MANCHESTER TICKET DETAILS

RedM

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah that’s fair enough. As I have a ST I’m properly out of touch with potd prices but I know they’re a lot different these days!!

I decided against a ST this season due to getting up @ 3am for work, therefore not to keen on evening games, getting married in December and we were outright awful last season ..............been to everyone bar two so far:doh:

This season I have 2 games under my Bristol sport account, Burton at home and Cardiff at home, however I am not currently a member. If I was to buy the membership now would those games I have been to count towards the magical 4 for the united game? I have also been to the 3 cup games at home this season although my ST holder friend has always bought them on his account and I normally drive and buy him a pint when we are there. I am assuming there is no way to prove that I actually went to those games also?

COYR

This seems like very good effort by the club. Never is a perfect answer for sure, but reducing capacity, which will cost some dosh, to squeeze in a few more City fans shows real positive intent. 9/10.

Only thing for the future for me, and it has already been said, is there seems no logic to not count away sales made through the club on a par with home ones. Now, holding my hand up I cannot get to this game anyway because of work, but it would have affected me, bumping me down a couple of priority scales. 

Good effort overall.

1 hour ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I'm just gutted that as a member, it's only your history of buying 'home' tickets for 2017/18 that counts.  If it included away games I'd fall into Priority 2 category :sad26:

i think a lot of exiles are in a similar position. Can't disagree even though disappointed.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bar BS3 i've got to hand it to you - I've never seen someone so devoted to discussing and debating ticket priority/pricing in the run up to the game as you have been for this United match! :laughcont:

Well spotted! Unfortunately, most of it has been responding to people who were saying it would be £40-50 a ticket or that membership should be given higher priority than half season ticket. It’s been a long, hard, painful process to make them (try) to realise that they were talking shite..! 

16 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I decided against a ST this season due to getting up @ 3am for work, therefore not to keen on evening games, getting married in December and we were outright awful last season ..............been to everyone bar two so far:doh:

You sound perfect for a half season ticket..!

3 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

Rip off prices compared to the previous League Cup games as treble now for my Lansdown seat & all because it’s Man U.

Similarly its the same cost as it would be to watch gold tiered championship games for any non season ticket holder. Simple supply and demand which I'm surprised to see so many people getting annoyed at, we wouldn't fill the ground for the other cup games so offered incentives to get more in. 

I think the club have got the pricing and allocation spot on.  The obly downside is the lost seating due to segregation, but a suppose it's a fair price to pay for giving a greater allocation to City fans.

Also encourages a few to buy half season tickets and a few tickets for upcoming games which should swell thecrowds a bit for the rest of the season - good move.

I'm guessing the away games not being included and the non-members not being included are because of difficulty identifying them?

STs and members buying home game tickets I guess it's all online and easy for them to action. 

Regardless I'll be watching it on Sky due to an operation the day before! :sad26:

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

You’re right, I slipped up there, but i’ still think it would be better and safer all round to have allowed them the whole end. I imagine our police and stewarding costs will be more with the decision to put home fans in the Atyeo. 

I can't imagine they're expecting much trouble so hopefully won't be over policed.

Doubt Man U fans will come to a Championship team to cause trouble, and we're the underdogs so I'd hope our fans would react with humour to a loss. 

(But yes I think our players will give it their all so fingers crossed!) 

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Talk of mammoth money spinners...

I assume (but might be wrong) that similar to the FA Cup, the league get a cut of the gate receipts with the rest being split between the home and away sides.

Would go so way to explaining the prices.

You mean gold pricing that fans pay to watch some championship teams? And its 45% each team.

Can't say that I'm surprised by the ticket prices or the sales arrangements. If I was running the club I'd see this as the perfect opportunity to shift half-season tickets, and to sell tickets to a very attractive fixture at full price. Giving a higher priority to members who use their membership to buy tickets to home matches seems fair enough.

What I think the clubs lacks, though, and had in the past, is a loyalty scheme which recognises away ticket purchases. It seems tough on exiles who follow us all over the country but can't easily get to Bristol.

Archived