IGNORED

JUST RELEASED - MANCHESTER TICKET DETAILS

RedM

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Any of you lads considering coming over Tommy ?

Would be great if the Club could sort out some tickets for you considering the efforts you make 

I guess some of us are but if genuin fans get priority it's fine with me. I'm not particullary fond of watching United. I have them on the stream each weekend but usually pay my bills or chat on here at the same time. Not a big thing for me other than that it is a hughe boost for the club and some well deserved acknowledgement for Steve Lansdown.

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I am pleased the club have gone with this approach. Arsenal fans pay £90 for behind the goal to watch United. Our ticket prices are totally reasonable and I don't blame the club at all. Good leadership. 

And when you consider that the revenue  raised from the cup run, TV money and extra corporate stuff can be ploughed back into the team in the Jan window, it's hardly that much of an affront to expect people to pay a few quid more than the previous rounds. 

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

If Adam Baker is using the thread for a FAQ or if anyone else can answer it for me, when it says 'members who have purchased four or more tickets' does that include tickets assigned? I buy the tickets for me and my dad, we're both members but I actually buy them each time. Because I assign him every time will his county as 4 tickets purchased?

Assigned will definitely count. Otherwise everyone would always have to buy their own ticket and not get to sit together.

As long as he has tickets attributed to his membership, he'll be fine.

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I guess some of usare but if genuin fans get priority it's fine with me. I'm not particullary fond of watching United. I have them on the stream each weekend but usually pay my bills or chat on here at the same time. Not a big thing for me other than that it is a hughe boost for the club and some well deserved acknowledgement for Steve Lansdown.

Just wondered whether @AdamB may be help any of our Scandanavian family if they wanted to make this game as understandably they arnt season ticket holders or likely to have seen 4 games at AG already this season

Genuine fans ?

Think you guys all deserve that title :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Selred said:

I am annoyed it's based on home games.

I've been to Watford, Brentford and Fulham away, and only Burton at home. 4 games, but somehow this makes me less of a fan who went to 4 home games?

Doesn't make sense.

@AdamB can you please explain this decision.

So you’ve been to four games out of 16 but you’re angry about not getting a ticket ? Are you London based ? The club doesn’t make any money from away league tickets so I can understand why they wouldn’t .

there are however plenty of fans that go to every away game but are probably season ticket holders as well. 

I understand the commitment from away fans , get too as many as I can myself though. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

So you’ve been to four games out of 16 but you’re angry about not getting a ticket ? Are you London based ? The club doesn’t make any money from away league tickets so I can understand why they wouldn’t .

there are however plenty of fans that go to every away game but are probably season ticket holders as well. 

I understand the commitment from away fans , get too as many as I can myself though. 

The whole point for 4 games is to reward loyal fans, not for those who put the most money in the club. So it shouldn’t matter what games someone goes too. Yes the club doesn’t make as much money on tickets from me, but if they want to base it on income then then sure enough make more on merchandise, food and drink sales in the ground etc from me.

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Tickets priced in excess of £30 are for me a kick in the teeth for ST holders who have paid substantially upfront, and are above the price for Premiership league games. I accept, however, that it’s not entirely within our control. 

I have to say though that I disagree with decision to restrict tickets to Man Utd and put City ‘supporters in the Atyeo’ to maximise ticket s for home fans. I’m surprised that the Police are happy. Who are these additional City fans.  If you deduct away fans from this season’s home crowds, then our support numbers 18-20,000 which can easily be accommodated across the rest of the stadium. Is the Atyeo going to ba fillled with plastics? I also thought we were required to give away fans 15% in the FA Cup. How are we getting round that 

It’s not the fa cup

Potential suggestion, what about a system where if you purchase a ticket for a round you then get ptriority on tickets for the next round? Could see a boost in cup attendance and rewards people for loyalty. Of course people may not be able to attend one off dates which you'd then have the current levels of priority after. 

I agree with the approach of prioritising fans who have attended more matches and think the pricing strikes a good balance. Unluckily I fall into the same category as a number of previous posters in that I have not been to any home games but have been to away games. I will just have to take my chances of tickets being available. :pray:

What though I am more miffed about is that I have been a member for years and I have no priority over those (allegedly) 2000 new members who bought memberships after the draw.:disapointed2se:

2 hours ago, redsontour said:

Here’s a question for those ITK..

My son has a season ticket, he’s 6, he sure as hell isnt going to a game kicking off at 8:00pm, so can I purchase an adult ticket with his season ticket ID? 

Not that I think I’ll be able to offload it to someone if I get one...

I’m in the same boat. We now have 6 season cards - 1 an adult, 2 x U19 and 3 x U12. 

Now if the U12s don’t fancy a late night or their mothers won't let them can I upgrade to adult tickets?

Might cover the cost of the season cards that way ;)

4 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I’m in the same boat. We now have 6 season cards - 1 an adult, 2 x U19 and 3 x U12. 

Now if the U12s don’t fancy a late night or their mothers won't let them can I upgrade to adult tickets?

You should be fine. Any season ticket holder is entitled to buy a ticket for the game. Stop. Nothing about having to be in the same "category". Cheers Tommy 

The club have got this one right, which is a pleasant surprise given how completely inept they've been on other recent off the field issues.

I am slightly amazed some people think they should be able to buy more than one ticket so they can take along some part timer who is only interested because it's Man U in place of someone who is a genuine Bristol City fan.  

I hope the club find a way of making sure tickets are only usable by the people they are sold to.  Anybody selling them above face value should be shot.

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I think the club have it just about right. Well done. 

Anyone know if disabled tickets can only be purchased from the Thursday? That's how I read it because the phones won't be active. 

I would imagine they will still be answering phones but if not I will buy normal price tickets online then phone club and get them to refund money

As has previously been pointed out prettyr sure the ticket prices have to be agreed by both clubs. At an average of £35 a ticket times 26,500 that should bring in close to million in ticket revenue. I believe Carabao cup rules that 50% gate receipts goes to to both clubs and I doubt Man U would have gotten out of bed for much less than 1/2 mil!

With increased half season tickets / membership sales + other games sales (because of the ticket history priorities) + merchandise + food sales + sky sports we could make 1 mil + ourselves.

All helps for January!

12 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I can get an extra away adult ticket on my son’s season card priority, when I need too, so I suspect you will be able too. A seat is a seat. I’m sure the club would rather get full adult price for the seat than a reduced concession rate. 

You will purchase the amount of tickets you want and then allocate them against the supporter ID numbers. 

3 minutes ago, hantsred said:

As has previously been pointed out prettyr sure the ticket prices have to be agreed by both clubs. At an average of £35 a ticket times 26,500 that should bring in close to million in ticket revenue. I believe Carabao cup rules that 50% gate receipts goes to to both clubs and I doubt Man U would have gotten out of bed for much less than 1/2 mil!

With increased half season tickets / membership sales + other games sales (because of the ticket history priorities) + merchandise + food sales + sky sports we could make 1 mil + ourselves.

All helps for January!

#steveswalletrulesok

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Really?

I'm slightly surprised by this (don't misunderstand, I do get why people would be reluctant to take younger ones to a night game)

Admittedly I was a couple of years older at the time (I was 7 or 8) but my Dad (an Arsenal fan) took me to Highbury for a League Cup game vs Rotherham 2002/2003 ish. The match went to penalties and we had to travel back to Bristol after, but it's a memory that I won't forget.

I even "supported" Arsenal for a while after, though I grew out of that.

This kind of tie is once a generation for City. I feel it would be a great treat to give your son for good behaviour, or an early Christmas present.

He’s behaved terribly...screw him. 

Nah, actually, it’s more because he a) has little interest b) would have me on edge all night and...here we go lighting the blue touch paper people...c) the language around me fking sucks and I don’t want him exposed to it. Now, that’s my choice, but having heard kids of only slightly older F’ing and blinding it’s a choice I made rightly or wrongly and the reason that, despite having a season ticket since he was 2 he has attended only twice. 

Now, some people may get upset he hasn’t  attended, but the ground has been sold out exactly once since he has had a ticket, so I am comfortable I am not denying anyone a ticket week in week out...plus I’m rather fat so sit on two seats anyway.

To be fair, I’ve missed half the games this season due to being overseas, but that’s a luxury I get with being fortunate enough to be able to afford a few season tickets.

In the future would like to see the Club base priority on a points basis

something like (Off top of my head just as an example)

Season Ticket Holder 50 pts

5 pts for each consecutive season as Season Ticket Holder (i.e. season Ticket Holder for 9 previous years +45 points)

Season ticket holders - 2 points per cup,ticket purchased

Member 10 points

Home ticket purchased 2 points (46 possible during season plus cup,tickets)

Away ticket purchased 2 points

Something to  that effect 

Thoughts ?

26 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

There's some real big club muppet fans out there...

25%? How about no? Take the 10% you're guaranteed under the rules and be quiet.

25% :laughcont: Would love to see them recommending giving 25% of Old Trafford away!

My Dad is a ST holder and i'm delighted that for his years of supporting City, being born and raised on Coronation Rd, he will be able to get a ticket for this game.

I, on the other hand, having been taken at 7 by my Dad to my first City game, having been to more games than i care to remember, travelled thousands upon thousands of miles and visited about 75/80 league grounds, now being a much more casual and picky fan about games to attend (mainly away due to current location and a young daughter), when asked at the weekend on a rare visit back to Brizzle, my Dad asked 'do you want a ticket?', i merely replied 'no.....because i don't deserve one'. That seemed like the only answer. I will of course do my darnest to watch on Sky, and to all of you lucky enough to go (including my Dad), i hope you all have a night to remember!

:city:

Archived