IGNORED

JUST RELEASED - MANCHESTER TICKET DETAILS

RedM

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

And when you consider that the revenue  raised from the cup run, TV money and extra corporate stuff can be ploughed back into the team in the Jan window, it's hardly that much of an affront to expect people to pay a few quid more than the previous rounds. 

Exactly. Personally I wouldn't have blamed them to start the charge at £40 / £45 a ticket. People will pay it for this game. 

Interesting thread. Few thoughts.

1) Nice little bonus that, keeping Man U to 10 percent and reopening some of the Atyeo!

2) Prices as Category A? Seems absolutely fair enough, mate of mine who gets down on occasion paid £41 for Leeds top tier Lansdown so...yeah prices seem okay!

@SARJ made some points about plasticplastics and part-timers. While I wholly agree about plastics, no excuse for being one of them, part-timers?

Bit harsh on some- football can be an expensive pursuit and people have many different complex lives also.

The only real concern I have about the ticketing, is the rugby members...priority? Surely not! Not least as a portion of them will be Man Utd fans.

6 hours ago, redsontour said:

Here’s a question for those ITK..

My son has a season ticket, he’s 6, he sure as hell isnt going to a game kicking off at 8:00pm, so can I purchase an adult ticket with his season ticket ID? 

Not that I think I’ll be able to offload it to someone if I get one...

Why not?  I remember taking my daughter to the Rovers game and that was in term time. She was 6 too.  Burst into tears in the East End because it was so loud

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

1) Nice little bonus that, keeping Man U to 10 percent and reopening some of the Atyeo!

2) Prices as Category A? Seems absolutely fair enough, mate of mine who gets down on occasion paid £41 for Leeds top tier Lansdown so...yeah prices seem okay!

@SARJ made some points about plasticplastics and part-timers. While I wholly agree about plastics, no excuse for being one of them, part-timers?

Bit harsh on some- football can be an expensive pursuit and people have many different complex lives also.

The only real concern I have about the ticketing, is the rugby members...priority? Surely not! Not least as a portion of them will be Man Utd fans.

But to have any real priority they'll have to have bought tickets for other games this season. Unless they're genuine City fans then I doubt they'll have been doing that regularly.

I think anyone who has only 1 purchase needn't panic. They'll reach Priority 3 no problem. 

There are circa 24,000 tickets available to home fans. 14,500 season cards I understand. 

That will leave about 10,000 available. I'm certain we won't have 10k fans who've done 4 home games. Don't panic. It'll get to P3 easy. 

For anyone who has 2 or 3 purchases, just buy a ticket for an upcoming game and if you can't go sell it on here - there are always folks who'll have it. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Egg chasing Bristol season ticket holders in secret Man U fandom shocker.

Meanwhile.......Bristol City fans involved in secret bid to get Leeds Rhino tickets.

10 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Why not?  I remember taking my daughter to the Rovers game and that was in term time. She was 6 too.  Burst into tears in the East End because it was so loud

You're not selling it very well  are you ;)

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Egg chasing Bristol season ticket holders in secret Man U fandom shocker.

Meanwhile.......Bristol City fans involved in secret bid to get Leeds Rhino tickets.

Well...

I know rugby fans at work and oddly enough they aren't Mancs but they have a certain liking for a certain side in red...and though they may have no issues with us, their side in red in this instance...well I think we all know!

1 hour ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Tbh I think they've got it as right as they could have.  Although I must admit that I'm gutted that my chances of a ticket are zero to none.  My family have season tickets and I attend when I can, child care permitting. I have membership and have gone to 4 home matches but because they were not assigned to me, these do not count as they can't prove it was me (why would my dad purchase an additional ticket when he has a season ticket already !). This part doesn't seem fair to me.

Why would you have a membership and not assign the ticket purchase against it to get the discount..?!

I just don't get how or why people think this is expensive? It is not Stoke, It is not Crystal Palace, It is Man United! If you think it is too expensive then don't go! As somebody else suggested, Pay for a ticket and then sell it at face value to someone who really does want to go. Will cost me nearly £100 for tickets for me and my four boys but as far as i am concerned they might not see this again for a very long time? 

Think this also shows how good the option is of paying for season tickets monthly, I certainly would not be able to fork out £700 in one go every year, but £70 a month for Five season tickets is brilliant, plus obviously the benefits of games like this, free Plus upgrade etc. 

And don't even get me started on Man United "fans" (customers)......

I've waited years for this game, I've been to so many unfashionable games in all sorts of weather so I'm delighted to finally be rewarded for all of that by having this glamour tie. 

I'd quite happily pay far far more to see my Bristol City play one of the greatest club's in the world at Ashton Gate. This is stuff dreams are made of so I can't believe people are moaning about paying 30 odd quid. 

11 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

There's some real big club muppet fans out there...

25%? How about no? Take the 10% you're guaranteed under the rules and be quiet.

Still think the price is steep - at least expected the £5 ST/member discount - after all is that not in all the literature you get?

Anyway, I would like to think that city’s plan was to give Manchester the whole Atyeo but they were dicks over the pricing so the club thought F you then - you get the minimum.

Chances that is the case?

I share a season tickets with a friend. And it's not my turn for the man Utd match! Gutted!

But no worries because

1. Think the club have done really well with the ticket allocating policy and we're going to get better attendances until Christmas and for the rest of the season. What a good way to make the most of our cup run.

2. I predict Man Utd will play their second string and we'll knock them out. And it will be my turn to use our reserved seats for the man city semi final.

After sleeping on it I've calmed down from my first reaction of ' How much!' For the tickets.

Its now actually it's in line with the gold pricing structure and it's the quater final of the cup.

Only reason I was slightly surprised was the pricing structure of the two previous games against stoke and palace.

Anyway on with the league now! Hopefully by dec 20th we will be well established in a promotion race by then !!

What this game proves is we sold ourselves short by going for let's be honest a 25.5/26K seater stadium. We won't ever get 27K. Should have pushed for 30K. The Atyeo needs to be looked at. We also have two huge wasted corners at the Atyeo. There is the grey building which looks derelict and also the screen in the corner of the Atyeo/Dolman. 

16 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

What this game proves is we sold ourselves short by going for let's be honest a 25.5/26K seater stadium. We won't ever get 27K. Should have pushed for 30K. The Atyeo needs to be looked at. We also have two huge wasted corners at the Atyeo. There is the grey building which looks derelict and also the screen in the corner of the Atyeo/Dolman. 

The current capacity is fine for where we are now. This game is an anomaly.

I think eventually we'll get the Atyeo done and take the stadium closer to 30k

I just wish they'll make the Atyeo into a proper home end and shove the away fans into some corner.

Arsenal do a good thing where if a season ticket holder cant make the game he sells it back to the club so another  person who can go i.e  on the membership list can buy it from the club and the club take a silly one or two percent handling charge and the season ticket holder get s the one at the end of the season or can be used when purchasing  his season ticket for the following season they do all the work its so simple and gives fans who otherwise wouldn't get a ticket get one

3 minutes ago, ESSEX ROBIN said:

Arsenal do a good thing where if a season ticket holder cant make the game he sells it back to the club so another  person who can go i.e  on the membership list can buy it from the club and the club take a silly one or two percent handling charge and the season ticket holder get s the one at the end of the season or can be used when purchasing  his season ticket for the following season they do all the work its so simple and gives fans who otherwise wouldn't get a ticket get one

Cup games aren't included in a season ticket, so I'm not sure what point you are making.

First season without a season ticket for years and we ruddy get United at home and have had what is arguably the best start to a season for years (bar league one champs). Sods law!

Hey ho, gone and bought myself a half season ticket just to get to this...!

Plus it gives me a cracking excuse to travel ridiculous mileage to watch City for the rest of the season now...! Can't put my money to waste now can I ;)

16 minutes ago, ESSEX ROBIN said:

Sounds like a great idea.... when we are in a position of 27k sell outs every week and have a waiting list for tickets..!

Until then it’s completely pointless. 

43 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

The grey building is the media centre, the place where Sky etc work from ( as well as all their trucks in the car park) when we have the big televised matches. It's certainly not derelict and is a necessary facility. You couldn't have sat people up where the screens are, sight lines and all that. The Atyeo everyone agrees needs rebuilding but it's complicated with the houses so close, but I'm sure in the future it will be done. 

Its not often we need this much capacity. 

57 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Given that we’ve hardly ever sold all available seats in the ground, I’d say capacity is fine. How often does demand exceed supply? Pretty much never. 

You seem to have a real problem with the fact that the stadium doesn’t accommodate exactly 27,000 people, like you’ve somehow been lied to. Every club in the land has wasted space with segregation of fans etc. 

If we were a fixture in the Premier League then there’s an argument that 27k isn't enough, but there are no doubt plans waiting in the wings if and when that were to become an issue. 

6 months ago people were talking about it being a ridiculous white elephant in L1. Let’s take things one step at a time!

33 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Cup games aren't included in a season ticket, so I'm not sure what point you are making.

Sorry I forgot Arsenal have cup games in there season ticket I was only trying to say it might be a nice idea  and how some other teams do things

Archived