IGNORED

JUST RELEASED - MANCHESTER TICKET DETAILS

RedM

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't think it's that relevant really

The club are trying to be self sustainable, you're talking £20 a ticket, 26,000 tickets (presuming some segregation) is £520,000 less. It pays for a lot of wages or even a new transfer in itself, even if you say only £10 less its £260,000 less for us. Its highly relevant. 

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Tickets priced in excess of £30 are for me a kick in the teeth for ST holders who have paid substantially upfront, and are above the price for Premiership league games. I accept, however, that it’s not entirely within our control. 

I have to say though that I disagree with decision to restrict tickets to Man Utd and put City ‘supporters in the Atyeo’ to maximise ticket s for home fans. I’m surprised that the Police are happy. Who are these additional City fans.  If you deduct away fans from this season’s home crowds, then our support numbers 18-20,000 which can easily be accommodated across the rest of the stadium. Is the Atyeo going to ba fillled with plastics? I also thought we were required to give away fans 15% in the FA Cup. How are we getting round that 

Not the FA cup would be my guess 

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Tickets priced in excess of £30 are for me a kick in the teeth for ST holders who have paid substantially upfront, and are above the price for Premiership league games. I accept, however, that it’s not entirely within our control. 

I have to say though that I disagree with decision to restrict tickets to Man Utd and put City ‘supporters in the Atyeo’ to maximise ticket s for home fans. I’m surprised that the Police are happy. Who are these additional City fans.  If you deduct away fans from this season’s home crowds, then our support numbers 18-20,000 which can easily be accommodated across the rest of the stadium. Is the Atyeo going to ba fillled with plastics? I also thought we were required to give away fans 15% in the FA Cup. How are we getting round that 

Replying to the highlighted bits;

If a league game was massively subsidised so that your average price per game from a ST exceeded the price on the day from a non-ST; that's a kick in the teeth.

No-one has paid upfront for a cup game so there's no kicking.

This isn't the FA Cup; different regulations apply.

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Why are they a kick in the teeth?  Season ticket holders have paid for 23 league games, and that's what they're getting.  £30-plus for a highly desirable game in a stadium where demand will outstrip supply does not strike me as that unreasonable, and it certainly ISN'T above the price for many Premier League games!  The prices are not much different to what non-STH are used to paying for an ordinary league game.

5 minutes ago, red'tili'mdead said:

Am a Member and been to 4 home games  (plus 3 aways !) and am registered as the Owner of the ticket , but not the 'Purchaser' as my mate usually buys the tickets.

Do you know if this makes any difference? I bloody hope not! 

I think you will be fine.

I am in a similar situation...

But logged into my account and they were there even though I wasn't the purchaser.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

The club are trying to be self sustainable, you're talking £20 a ticket, 26,000 tickets (presuming some segregation) is £520,000 less. It pays for a lot of wages or even a new transfer in itself, even if you say only £10 less its £260,000 less for us. Its highly relevant. 

In the scheme of things it won't be that relevant to our expenditure in January because in the modern era it isn't that much money. We're Bristol City - not Wells City.

Cup runs should never be factored into financial forecasts because it's too unpredictable.

11 minutes ago, cityfan said:

When will City play Manchester United again?  This is a game for the history books for City and as such, one that should have rewarded all City fans, regardless of category.  I agree that keeping the cup prices at £13 would have been the right thing to do so that all who wish to and can get a ticket can enjoy a great night, just before Christmas, at the same price at the Palace game.

City have 4 televised Sky matches in December from which they will also earn very well.  City should have embraced the season of goodwill through pricing as some will never in their lifetime see City play Manchester United.  The 4 Sky games will have compensated for keeping the price at £13.

From a pricing perspective, it looks as though City are capitalising and being a bit greedy when it was and is, unnecessary to do so and that's a shame.

£13 for a cup quarter final against Man United? Are you bonkers? It's a business not a charity 

36 minutes ago, redsontour said:

Here’s a question for those ITK..

My son has a season ticket, he’s 6, he sure as hell isnt going to a game kicking off at 8:00pm, so can I purchase an adult ticket with his season ticket ID? 

Not that I think I’ll be able to offload it to someone if I get one...

Really?

I'm slightly surprised by this (don't misunderstand, I do get why people would be reluctant to take younger ones to a night game)

Admittedly I was a couple of years older at the time (I was 7 or 8) but my Dad (an Arsenal fan) took me to Highbury for a League Cup game vs Rotherham 2002/2003 ish. The match went to penalties and we had to travel back to Bristol after, but it's a memory that I won't forget.

I even "supported" Arsenal for a while after, though I grew out of that.

This kind of tie is once a generation for City. I feel it would be a great treat to give your son for good behaviour, or an early Christmas present.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In the scheme of things it won't be that relevant to our expenditure in January because in the modern era it isn't that much money. We're Bristol City - not Wells City.

Cup runs should never be factored into financial forecasts because it's too unpredictable.

We've signed Wright, Paterson and many more for less than the money we'd lose on this game if we stuck to the price we'd charged previously.

16 minutes ago, cityfan said:

When will City play Manchester United again?  This is a game for the history books for City and as such, one that should have rewarded all City fans, regardless of category.  I agree that keeping the cup prices at £13 would have been the right thing to do so that all who wish to and can get a ticket can enjoy a great night, just before Christmas, at the same price at the Palace game.

City have 4 televised Sky matches in December from which they will also earn very well.  City should have embraced the season of goodwill through pricing as some will never in their lifetime see City play Manchester United.  The 4 Sky games will have compensated for keeping the price at £13.

From a pricing perspective, it looks as though City are capitalising and being a bit greedy when it was and is, unnecessary to do so and that's a shame.

Dont be silly mate the greed is just too great in football to turn down the opportunity to fleece us.. regardless of Christmas the club can't turn down the ££££££

12 minutes ago, red'tili'mdead said:

Am a Member and been to 4 home games  (plus 3 aways !) and am registered as the Owner of the ticket , but not the 'Purchaser' as my mate usually buys the tickets.

Do you know if this makes any difference? I bloody hope not! 

As long as he 'allocated' the ticket to you should make no difference

People asking for more than one ticket for a Season Ticket holders, should consider a Bradford game in the FA Cup a few years ago, where more than one ticket was allowed.

Meltdown, as some Season Ticket holders could not purchase a ticket. 

48 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

I'm obviously going to buy my own seat, but think the prices are rather steep. By about £10. I know the club will want to make as much dosh as possible, but don't think they needed to charge as much.

Priority basis seems fair.

Manchester won't be happy with their reduced allocation, but this game means far more to us than them so can't be helped.

It's not a reduced allocation, it's precisely what they're due.

Excellent decision by BCFC to maximise attendance by City fans rather than giving Manchester more than we are required to.

46 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I have a question re the 4 game member priority period...

Do you think that is 4 games with a cut off now or will it include future purchases?

I have 3 games and will be purchasing a Preston ticket sharpish if it includes future purchases.

Mate get yourself a preston ticket and you'll be sorted.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Really?

I'm slightly surprised by this (don't misunderstand, I do get why people would be reluctant to take younger ones to a night game)

Admittedly I was a couple of years older at the time (I was 7 or 8) but my Dad (an Arsenal fan) took me to Highbury for a League Cup game vs Rotherham 2002/2003 ish. The match went to penalties and we had to travel back to Bristol after, but it's a memory that I won't forget.

This kind of tie is once a generation for City. I feel it would be a great treat to give your son for good behaviour, or an early Christmas present.

It’s also the school holidays 

35 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Meh maybe it's because I was fearing the worst. Add I think I paid 30 quid with my membership for Leeds. A little extra for a game against one of the biggest clubs in the world, and the quarter final of a major cup competition I don't see it as too bad 

Yeah that’s fair enough. As I have a ST I’m properly out of touch with potd prices but I know they’re a lot different these days!!

My only gripe is why my Lansdown wing ticket is £39 but a Dolman central ticket is only £37 and with a far better view but Apart from that in my opinion it’s about right, i’m particularly happy about fitting as many City fans in as possible and not giving the whole of the Atyeo to Man U

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Really?

The issue is they can’t go on their own!!! My nieces and nephews all have forever memberships and we ( my siblings and I) take them when we can but none of us are in a position to have season tickets and don’t have forever memberships ourselves SO children who have this have to wait until general allocation ( as far as I can see..) in order to have an adult actually take them!!!

41 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

I think the ticket prices are steep and twentysplenty, but I fully understand the club wanting to maximise profits for this game.

I have a question related to linking season card tickets. I have just added my mates season card details to my friends and family, will I be able to purchase his tickets for him on Monday, or will he need to do something on his account to allow me to buy them? Had a look at the FAQ's on the ticketing site, but it didn't say anything about linking accounts.

Wilksi - hello mate.

My daughter has mine linked and our friends and basically has purchasing power on those tickets so can buy the lot as can you provided they are linked - should be able to go online now and go though ticketing for a different game to prove it.

Without actually carrying on to pay section obviously :P

18 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

If your a season ticket holder, do you have to have your own seat or can you move to a vacant seat in another stand?

At a guess I’d say your own seat only....given they said they ‘couldnt’ (read wouldnt) to move my ‘non ST’ ticket from the Dolman to the Lansdown the day before the Palace game when they announced the upper tier was open. 

So people who left it til the day before or the day of the game has a better pick of seat than those who bought a week before...cheers then!!

Can’t imagine they could cope with moving STs about if they couldn’t even do that. 

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Having been pretty vocal with my concerns about the sales process, and asking the question in the Q&A, I have to say that overall I'm pretty happy with what the club are doing here.  It seems pretty fair - whilst acknowledging the disappointment for those with an away game bias.

My only slight concern is that I will probably only manage 3 games prior to United rather than the golden four, but that's my problem and isn't the club's fault.  Fundamentally the club are rewarding fans who are attending games, which will rule out all but the most commited United infiltrators - and I think they should be applauded for that.  I also think the prices are not unreasonable for what will be a hugely oversubscribed game.

I think - reading the BCFC Tweets tweet earlier in the thread - which I assume came from Adam Baker - that you'd lift yourself into the second, 4 game, category by purchasing a ticket on your membership for an upcoming home match. We've got two STs and a membership for my son who lives too far away to get to games regularly - and he's coming to Forest, Reading and Wolves and with the Villa match earlier in the season that puts 4 home matches on his history...so we've expecting him to be in category two....if I understand things correctly!

Archived