IGNORED

JUST RELEASED - MANCHESTER TICKET DETAILS

RedM

6 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

I assume it's not just our call on ticket prices, it'll have to be agreed with Man Utd as well

City may have wanted to sell cheaper tickets, but might not have been allowed.

I doubt Man Utd would be particularly pushing for higher prices, they've actively tried to stop it being done by lower league sides who've drawn them in the past.

5 minutes ago, shelts said:

Still can’t believe the price for my seat has doubled , don’t recall it being that busy against Plymouth or Stoke , a few more turned up for Palace but now it’s guaranteed a sell out it gone up .  

Yeah wasnt it good of the club to sell cheap ticket to you in the early rounds

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just buy another league ticket.

Sure I read it was tickets purchased, not tickets used. So there might be a Christmas game that you can make.

Yep. That's going to have to be the plan, though adding trip costs from Devon around Xmas time to additional ticket costs ain't going to be popular! 

No complaints though, sure there are many others just below thresholds with deserved claims for priority. 

10 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

So my Member purchasing history for this season includes non-member purchases. Assume all count towards being a priority as the site doesn't differentiate. Just a pity I didn't spread those purchases around our group as some Members are on 3 games and it's their mates I bought tickets for!

Know before the semi-final, that our group  we'll need to work on a better ticket purchase strategy! 

Hey, If it were only 3 purchases!!!!!!!!!!

Just buy your tickets for Preston now. Sorted. 

15 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I don't really see why I paid the extra £20 for season plus memberahip but hey ho ? 

As for the egg chasers getting a chance before football fans baffles me but I guess this is the problem with association. 

If they've bought tickets to football. 

Firstly, I haven't read through every post but Mark Ashton's spin with the announcement of these prices is, in my opinion, symptomatic of the malignant nature of modern football as a 'product', rather than the pastime of predominantly working class men and women.  All the clichés about taking your custom elsewhere do not apply when it comes to watching your football team. I took 3 seasons away and watched Non League football when I became disillusioned with things at AG, but the 'feeling' was never there despite it being a great experience on many levels.  Charging £30+ the week before Xmas in a month that already boasts 4 home league games is IN MY OPINION, a bit extortionate. I'll be there as a season ticket holder because I'll never know if I'll get to see City play Manchester United at AG in a competitive game again, in my lifetime. Given that the club is guaranteed a sell out and TV revenue plus huge receipts from the shop/bar/food outlets etc, I think somewhere around £25 would have been more reasonable. But hell that's just my take on it all.

21 minutes ago, shelts said:

Still can’t believe the price for my seat has doubled , don’t recall it being that busy against Plymouth or Stoke , a few more turned up for Palace but now it’s guaranteed a sell out it gone up .  

The price for your seat hasn't doubled. It was halved for the previous rounds. The price is in line with our existing price structure - unless you disagree that a game against Manchester is worthy of 'Gold' category status?

12 minutes ago, shelts said:

That’s a fair point . Money before the fans has always been the City way . More fool me for following 

Really struggle to understand your beef with the ticket arrangements and pricing. As a season ticket holder you will (rightly) be Priority 1. If you really think the prices are too expensive then buy a ticket and sell it for a profit to a City fan who is not a P1, P2, P3 and watch the game on Sky. There will be plenty of our fans without a priority staus and willing to part with their cash to get one. 

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Really struggle to understand your beef with the ticket arrangements and pricing. As a season ticket holder you will (rightly) be Priority 1. If you really think the prices are too expensive then buy a ticket and sell it for a profit to a City fan who is not a P1, P2, P3 and watch the game on Sky. There will be plenty of our fans without a priority staus and willing to part with their cash to get one. 

A very good point . Kids wanna go got no choice !! 

5 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

The price for your seat hasn't doubled. It was halved for the previous rounds. The price is in line with our existing price structure - unless you disagree that a game against Manchester is worthy of 'Gold' category status?

Again a fair point I got in cheap the  previous rounds . It would be refreshing if the club kept the same pricing structure as previous rounds but u don’t get United every week so I understand the club making a killing even if I don’t like it 

1 minute ago, shelts said:

Again a fair point I got in cheap the  previous rounds . It would be refreshing if the club kept the same pricing structure as previous rounds but u don’t get United every week so I understand the club making a killing even if I don’t like it 

Ok so if the club had to charge one price all round do you believe they'd have been as cheap as they were? Definitely as many wouldn't have then turned up for Plymouth.

2 hours ago, redsontour said:

Here’s a question for those ITK..

My son has a season ticket, he’s 6, he sure as hell isnt going to a game kicking off at 8:00pm, so can I purchase an adult ticket with his season ticket ID? 

Not that I think I’ll be able to offload it to someone if I get one...

it's the school holidays. one late night might tire them out before Santa visits.......

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Tickets priced in excess of £30 are for me a kick in the teeth for ST holders who have paid substantially upfront, and are above the price for Premiership league games. I accept, however, that it’s not entirely within our control. 

I have to say though that I disagree with decision to restrict tickets to Man Utd and put City ‘supporters in the Atyeo’ to maximise ticket s for home fans. I’m surprised that the Police are happy. Who are these additional City fans.  If you deduct away fans from this season’s home crowds, then our support numbers 18-20,000 which can easily be accommodated across the rest of the stadium. Is the Atyeo going to ba fillled with plastics? I also thought we were required to give away fans 15% in the FA Cup. How are we getting round that 

Paying £33 to get into Hillsborough annoys me a little.. But I don't feel my £39 Lansdown ticket is a kick in the teeth, it is Man Utd and it is the quarter final of major cup competition,  I wouldn't expect it to be much less. 

3 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

it's the school holidays. one late night night tire them out before want a visits.....

redsontour. You should be fine as nothing in the conditions claims it has to be a "6 year old ticket". Each season ticket holder is entitled to buy a ticket. It don't have to be for yourself.

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

For a League Cup QF against one of the biggest clubs in the world I don't feel like they're rinsing us. Fair play. Should be a great atmosphere in front of a full house on the day I break up for Christmas.

bring. it. on. 

Agreed.

That said, I'm still livid at the ten quid breakfast (with no eggs).

So those moaning about the cost... At least you didn't have a Sports Bar breakfast.

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

redsontour. You should be fine as nothing in the conditions claims it has to be a "6 year old ticket". Each season ticket holder is entitled to buy a ticket. It don't have to be for yourself.

Any of you lads considering coming over Tommy ?

Would be great if the Club could sort out some tickets for you considering the efforts you make 

If Adam Baker is using the thread for a FAQ or if anyone else can answer it for me, when it says 'members who have purchased four or more tickets' does that include tickets assigned? I buy the tickets for me and my dad, we're both members but I actually buy them each time. Because I assign him every time will his county as 4 tickets purchased?

2 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Paying £33 to get into Hillsborough annoys me a little.. But I don't feel my £39 Lansdown ticket is a kick in the teeth, it is Man Utd and it is the quarter final of major cup competition,  I wouldn't expect it to be much less. 

I am pleased the club have gone with this approach. Arsenal fans pay £90 for behind the goal to watch United. Our ticket prices are totally reasonable and I don't blame the club at all. Good leadership. 

Surprised by the negative comments regarding prices. They are in line with our gold category pricing structure for one of the most attractive and popular fixtures in our recent history, against a club of huge standing in the global game. The fact that previous cup games were cheaper does not mean this game is suddenly a rip off. This game will sell out and would have sold out at higher prices than this.

You can certainly argue that football in general is overpriced, particularly given it's working class roots. I'm not arguing against that broader point. But within that context I don't consider this game to be particularly excessive.

Consider also how much a comparable night at the Opera, Theatre or Music event would be, watching some of the best artists in the world. You can't watch any top music act for £30-ish. How much would it cost a family of four to watch Take That, or a West End show?

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

If Adam Baker is using the thread for a FAQ or if anyone else can answer it for me, when it says 'members who have purchased four or more tickets' does that include tickets assigned? I buy the tickets for me and my dad, we're both members but I actually buy them each time. Because I assign him every time will his county as 4 tickets purchased?

That's my understanding Hodge

If you've allocated the second ticket each time to your Dad it's his ticket / purchase - irrelevant who actually pays formit

Archived