IGNORED

Six England squad withdrawals for injury... Really?

City Cat

3 minutes ago, City Cat said:

What red blooded Englishman wouldn't want to play against the Bosch.......??

The 3 spurs players who are up against arsenal in their next league game. 

The 2 Man City players who are top of the league. 

And Jordan Henderson. 

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

And Jordan Henderson

So there's a silver lining. 

The FA doctors still assess them so I doubt they're all faking. How many injuries do we have? 

I thought Kane for one was genuinely injured, something like s muscle strain.

Ryan Giggs should have been the subject of a whole medical study because of the amount of injuries he suddenly picked up whenever Wales announced an international friendly.

Much to my embarrassment, in nine years as a Wales international I hadn't played in a single friendly.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/giggs-missing-wales-games-choice-2383772

3 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Henderson is a bonus, bloody awful player who shouldn't be in the team anyway 

Get some of the U21s in and blood them because the current crop of full internationals are not going to win anything

He's not a bloody awful player is he? He's just not what people want from an England central midfielder. There are no adequate midfielders available. Winks is completely unproven. Wiltshire and Barkley have been spoiled by being picked too early before they'd got enough experience. Dier makes Hendre son look like Pirlo. Blokes a centre half.. Jake Livermere and Jack Cork Ffs. You can't blame Southgate for any of this. Only player he could have picked but hasn't is Ward-Prowse. Decent experience at both under 21 and Premiership level and can take set pieces. I suspect he will go to Russia when he gets a run in the Southampton side.. 

45 minutes ago, Negan said:

Yep Henderson is awful. Genuinely have no idea what player he is. He’s not creative, not defensive, not a box to box midfielder and he doesn’t score... hope wilshere can get back to 100% as he’s without doubt our best CM

If Jack Wilshere is our best CM then god help us :facepalm:

13 minutes ago, Midred said:

The FA should just say alright but these players won't be allowed to play in domestic matches for the weekend following the international break. 

Unfortunately the FA sold the national team (as well as the other 72 football league clubs) up the creek when they allowed themselves to be bullied into letting the big boys have their way in 1992. 

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

And Jordan Henderson

Result. May watch now then. Reminds me of a slightly better Joe Burnell.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I thought Kane for one was genuinely injured, something like s muscle strain.

Ryan Giggs should have been the subject of a whole medical study because of the amount of injuries he suddenly picked up whenever Wales announced an international friendly.

Much to my embarrassment, in nine years as a Wales international I hadn't played in a single friendly.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/giggs-missing-wales-games-choice-2383772

To be fair Giggs did have a lot of hamstring problems during the 90s, but some of the issue was due to the cars he was driving at the time. Of course there probably were a few times when Fergie said "You're not going".....

Yoga apparently helped that a lot.

I cant be the only City supporter who has no time for these internationals.

We have a team that cant compete, even when everyone IS fit and healthy.

We have no engine in the team, and havent looked an authentic international side since we lost Paul Gascoigne. That is when my interest in the national side began to dry up.

Now I just want to get back to this fascinating season we are having, and see where the road takes us next

England ?  Not while Iceland are in the competition....

7 minutes ago, gow2gooseya said:

I cant be the only City supporter who has no time for these internationals.

We have a team that cant compete, even when everyone IS fit and healthy.

We have no engine in the team, and havent looked an authentic international side since we lost Paul Gascoigne. That is when my interest in the national side began to dry up.

Now I just want to get back to this fascinating season we are having, and see where the road takes us next

England ?  Not while Iceland are in the competition....

Listened t a bit of the phone in on Talksport about this earlier.

One caller made the very valid point that at full strength England seem to lack leaders on the pitch. Players like Ali, Sterling and the like are now senior pros and younger players coming into the squad look to them for an example. How does it look to the young guys being called up to see these players dropping out at the drop of a hat?

The comment the caller made is that senior players seem to be saying this game isn't important enough for me, so that's why you get your chance. Does this then create exactly the same attitude in those younger players should they then go on to establish themselves in the senior squad?

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Listened t a bit of the phone in on Talksport about this earlier.

One caller made the very valid point that at full strength England seem to lack leaders on the pitch. Players like Ali, Sterling and the like are now senior pros and younger players coming into the squad look to them for an example. How does it look to the young guys being called up to see these players dropping out at the drop of a hat?

The comment the caller made is that senior players seem to be saying this game isn't important enough for me, so that's why you get your chance. Does this then create exactly the same attitude in those younger players should they then go on to establish themselves in the senior squad?

Job for Flint ? 

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Job for Flint ? 

He'd probably turn up for international duty on crutches with his arm in a sling and suffering from concussion and needing to be physically dragged out of the dressing room to prevent him from playing.

In y younger days playing for England was the pinnacle of a player's career, and international selection was the means for a player to improve his financial situation. 

Now playing for your country seems to be increasingly like an inconvenience to players in furthering their club careers and the pursuit of European honours, that seem more important than achieving success at international level. For modern players I can't see how they benefit financially as they are all millionairres before they are ever selected for their country.

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Now playing for your country seems to be increasingly like an inconvenience to players in furthering their club careers and the pursuit of European honours, that seem more important than achieving success at international level. For modern players I can't see how they benefit financially as they are all millionairres before they are ever selected for their country.

I hear and read things like this a lot.  Never really seen any evidence of it though.  It just seems to stem from dissatisfaction with the team performance, not really anything a player has ever said or done indicating they feel like that.

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

I hear and read things like this a lot.  Never really seen any evidence of it though.  It just seems to stem from dissatisfaction with the team performance, not really anything a player has ever said or done indicating they feel like that.

I think being judged on your results is behind a lot of it

I dont think players are dropping out in apathy - I just think the players we have are over-worked and not good enough

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Tongue in cheek I know but any player who tries his hardest for the club and leaves on good terms usually remains popular and Tammy's absolutely in that category particularly as he had no say in his leaving.

As you say, very much "tongue in cheek", more a reference to those who don't want past players talked about!

Archived