IGNORED

How Much Would You Sell For?

SARJ

50 minutes ago, palmerred said:

No not at all, but when it clearly states on the tickets, that they are non transferable and Photo ID required for entry, those who have purchased tickets in a non official way have no to blame but themselves. 

We advised Viagogo that tickets sold on their site would be refused entry as we were implementing photo ID checks but they chose to ignore us and continued to sell on their website.

Question.... Do you honestly think the club worries about who is sat on the seat or how much money they can make?

Also how do you feel that you have prevented 900 innocent people from attending/seeing something they clearly love?

1 minute ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Question.... Do you honestly think the club worries about who is sat on the seat or how much money they can make?

Also how do you feel that you have prevented 900 innocent people from attending/seeing something they clearly love?

I have no regrets with removing them from the venue and not allowing them in and wished all other venues adopted the same policy so touting and resell sites would soon disappear.

7 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

They might do if some of them resold to are Man U fans or fans of City's rivals.. They stand up or cheer when Man U score in home ends and it causes disorder.

The club might care then.

5 minutes ago, palmerred said:

I have no regrets with removing them from the venue and not allowing them in and wished all other venues adopted the same policy so touting and resell sites would soon disappear.

But who have you really punished..... the innocent people who have bought the tickets and spent money on them or the touts and the website?

Think no more needs to be said... true light seen...

5 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

But who have you really punished..... the innocent people who have bought the tickets and spent money on them or the touts and the website?

How you going to stop one long term without stopping the other?  You’ve not thought this through.

If people can’t get in after buying from a website or a tout do you think they’re likely to do it again?

If the touts and websites don’t operate then the honest punter stands more chance of getting a ticket direct from the venue at face value.

18 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Yes Swindon.....! In all fairness I would rather give it a Swindon fan than anyone from Cam..... :thumbsup:

I'd rather watch it in my local anyway. United don't give me a boner. All their fans spouting shit on twitter about how few tickets we have them, how we're only going to watch them, bunch of *****. Honestly, I'd rather we'd have got Bournemouth and let that lot get knocked out by Citeh. Obnoxious *****

3 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Punished the ticket issuer and the touts, as the tickets would have to be refunded.

We announced 6 months before the gig, that ID checks will be made and anyone with tickets not in their name will not be able to enter the arena.

Made daily announcements via Twitter and Facebook of this in the run up to the gig.

Made it public to people not to buy off Viagogo as they would not be able to gain entry unless name matched on ticket.

If people ignored our announcements then I have no sympathy but we will be carrying out the same procedure for Ed Sheeran and Billy Joel.

We ask the acts to inform fans not to buy off resell sites and they have.

We asked both Viagogo and Stub Hub not to sell tickets, Stub hub honoured our request. Viagogo chose to ignore.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

How you going to stop one long term without stopping the other?  You’ve not thought this through.

If people can’t get in after buying from a website or a tout do you think they’re likely to do it again?

People will always buy from touts due to the demand.

If they wanted to seriously outlaw it... why don't the police arrest them every time at sporting events?

1 minute ago, palmerred said:

Punished the ticket issuer and the touts, as the tickets would have to be refunded.

We announced 6 months before the gig, that ID checks will be made and anyone with tickets not in their name will not be able to enter the arena.

Made daily announcements via Twitter and Facebook of this in the run up to the gig.

Made it public to people not to buy off Viagogo as they would not be able to gain entry unless name matched on ticket.

If people ignored our announcements then I have no sympathy but we will be carrying out the same procedure for Ed Sheeran and Billy Joel.

We asked both Viagogo and Stub Hub not to sell tickets, Stub hub honoured our request. Viagogo chose to ignore.

You should let them in to see see Ed Sheeran, watching that dross is punishment enough.

1 minute ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

People will always buy from touts due to the demand.

If they wanted to seriously outlaw it... why don't the police arrest them every time at sporting events?

The police have more important things to do I’m sure.  If people stop using touts then access to events will be easier, cheaper and the middlemen won’t make a wage.  The terms and conditions on most tickets Star ‘non transferable’  you can’t whinge if you’ve been caught out.

I wouldn't pay anymore than the ticket price won't be going to see Man U be going to support City and hopefully see us knock out another prem team should I get a ticket just shame my mate won't be able to come as she enjoyed seeing her first ever match and was a great night. 

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

The police have more important things to do I’m sure.  If people stop using touts then access to events will be easier, cheaper and the middlemen won’t make a wage.  The terms and conditions on most tickets Star ‘non transferable’  you can’t whinge if you’ve been caught out.

I agree with you but I am also talking about the real world.

Palmerred is the one getting all excited about buying tickets.... I can only presume that he isnt a ST holder.

9 minutes ago, palmerred said:

They said that about a concert I went to when I bought off a tout, I got in a piece of piss,  you just need to be sensible and target the one who least looks like they give a shit!!

4 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I agree with you but I am also talking about the real world.

Palmerred is the one getting all excited about buying tickets.... I can only presume that he isnt a ST holder.

Correct I am not a ST holder. I was for 20 years but moved up north 2 years ago and despite holding one last season and only going to a handful of games it simply isn't viable to travel 5 hours to a game frequently. I go to a number of away games and if I go to a home game I go VIP.

I'm tempted by the VIP offer the club made me today but £2500 for 2 people is only worth it if I can go to a number of the remaining games, which I'm not 100% sure I can.

I wish the game had been away, as I have access to VIP hospitality at every Man City, Man UTD and Liverpool game because of work and I wouldn't have struggled for a ticket.

If I don't get a ticket, I'm not overly bothered, but if Season Ticket holders are buying seats, when not planning on going and selling them on to friends or family or even people they don't know, so they can make a few quid or supply tickets to non City fans, then I do have an issue with that in many ways as you are standing in the way of City supporters from seeing the match and that's what I disagree with.

6 minutes ago, Rob k said:

They said that about a concert I went to when I bought off a tout, I got in a piece of piss,  you just need to be sensible and target the one who least looks like they give a shit!!

Then that's good for you. However if you try to gain entry to the Etihad, Old Trafford or The Men Arena for certain events in 2018, I assure you, things wont be as rosy. We work on the request of the act as well, so we are following their wishes.

3 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Correct I am not a ST holder. I was for 20 years but moved up north 2 years ago and despite holding one last season and only going to a handful of games it simply isn't viable to travel 5 hours to a game frequently. I go to a number of away games and if I go to a home game I go VIP.

I'm tempted by the VIP offer the club made me today but £2500 for 2 people is only worth it if I can go to a number of the remaining games, which I'm not 100% sure I can.

I wish the game had been away, as I have access to VIP hospitality at every Man City, Man UTD and Liverpool game because of work and I wouldn't have struggled for a ticket.

If I don't get a ticket, I'm not overly bothered, but if Season Ticket holders are buying seats, when not planning on going and selling them on to friends or family or even people they don't know, so they can make a few quid or supply tickets to non City fans, then I do have an issue with that in many ways as you are standing in the way of City supporters from seeing the match and that's what I disagree with.

I repeat again..... I am going..... I'm not selling tickets to anyone.... 

VIP..... aint that nice for you....

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They might do if some of them resold to are Man U fans or fans of City's rivals.. They stand up or cheer when Man U score in home ends and it causes disorder.

The club might care then.

Agreed. Far more antagonistic behaviour than showing an English flag at a match vs the Taffs IMHO

22 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Then that's good for you. However if you try to gain entry to the Etihad, Old Trafford or The Men Arena for certain events in 2018, I assure you, things wont be as rosy. We work on the request of the act as well, so we are following their wishes.

It was for Adele at Birmingham - they said the same. As said they didn’t really want the hassle or really cared 

39 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Then that's good for you. However if you try to gain entry to the Etihad, Old Trafford or **The Men Arena for certain events in 2018, I assure you, things wont be as rosy. We work on the request of the act as well, so we are following their wishes.

** The Men Arena ?

blimey that's pushing it a bit far, even by Gas standards. ;) 

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

You can in fact see games on 24hr pass for £6.99 and weekly or monthly (£33.99 that's for 4 City games in Dec)  on; now tv; so cheapest way will cost anyone £6.99; or £10.99 for a weeks pass less than my petrol to Bristol and back alone.

Ah, so £6.99 is free TV now?

Archived