IGNORED

How Much Would You Sell For?

SARJ

7 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

People's situations are different with Christmas coming up, if someone with a ticket gets a silly offer like £250 and sells it to whoever it maybe, then I wouldn't blame them. 

Personally this is a huge occasion for the club, this could be another I was there moment dare I say we knock United out the cup. 

If your extremely passionate about BCFC like most of us are, you wouldn't even debate selling the ticket. 

I am extremely passionate, but I'm also extremely passionate about paying my bills, mortgage, Christmas stuff and providing for the family.

For the sake of a cup game against a Utd B-Team, which you can watch on the tele for free, I'd actually judge people for not taking the money :laugh:. But then again, different principles, circumstances, courses for horses, so fair play whatever you decide.

One question , if you're a ST holder won't they load the ticket on that?  Selling on would involve handing your ticket to stranger with no guarantee of getting it back. 
As for changing kids tickets to adults, do you then get a 'real' ticket to use? 

Edit: I realise this may be different for members , who probably will get real tickets.

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

I think thats the main part, can afford it. If your on minimum wage, enforced mainly on the failing of the tory government, then £250 just before christmas will help someone massively.

Isn't that the whole point about selling things, you only really need to sell if you need the money.

There is a lot of poverty in bristol, i can imagine people will be tempted.

This of course the other side of coin.

Taking politics out of it, a lot of people in Bristol are not terribly well off, so definitely some might be tempted.

28 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Thought you were talking about "selling my services", a bag of Quavers and a Curly Wurly will do fine.

Recent price increase then Russell? :)

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Wouldn't sell my ticket for anything

These sort of games only come along once in a very long time -

...or every other week next season?

1 minute ago, SARJ said:

I am extremely passionate, but I'm also extremely passionate about paying my bills, mortgage, Christmas stuff and providing for the family.

For the sake of a cup game against a Utd B-Team, which you can watch on the tele for free, I'd actually judge people for not taking the money :laugh:. But then again, different principles, circumstances, courses for horses, so fair play whatever you decide.

Agree completely If there's a big profit to make and to give your family an even better Christmas, I'd fully respect people's decision.

I'm sure with demand a fair few will sell their tickets on. 

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I already see a few tout sites offering tickets at a huge markup - no idea how they can sell tickets already

image.png.5d00590729998c6033a33142b2868a96.png

I would have thought SL wanted to watch this game :whistle:

******* hell.

This tells us so much about modern society.

We have 6 season cards and 4 memberships. We’ll take whatever we can - at least the 6 - and sell what we don’t then need.

At face value.

No need to form a queue. They’re committed already.

Football isn’t all about making money and having people over.

16 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

I'll raise you a bar of fruit 'n nut..

You are Marianne Faithful and I claim my £10.

I know it's not a Mars Bar but artistic licence used. 

• Admin
14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

One question , if you're a ST holder won't they load the ticket on that?  Selling on would involve handing your ticket to stranger with no guarantee of getting it back. 
As for changing kids tickets to adults, do you then get a 'real' ticket to use? 

Edit: I realise this may be different for members , who probably will get real tickets.

@1960maaan You can choose to either load to your card or print out at home

7 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Hypothetically I wouldn't sell unless for £100 plus. However I'm priority group 3 so the chances of me getting a ticket are zero.

Really? I'm also priority group 3 but fully expect to get a ticket.

Been waiting for this type of fixture for the last 24 years of being a season ticket holder.

I'm looking forward to this game for a number of reasons. Mostly because I'm enjoying this season so far and actually feel we have a decent chance of a result!! 

At 9/1 in my local bet Fred for the win I've had £15 on it!

Ive got four season tickets . X2 adult x2 u12. I've been offered £400 for all four... Which I've turned down. 

I ain't rich and I'm not poor but I haven't travelled all over the uk for the last 25 years watching bcfc to sell my ticket to someone who feels it's a offer I can't refuse! No chance.

I love the fact my 7 year old is going round school telling her mates that city going to beat man utd! She's even told her PE teacher that's she's going and he has asked me for a ticket!

So in a nutshell these tickets are priceless !!

7 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

******* hell.

We have 6 season cards and 4 memberships. We’ll take whatever we can - at least the 6 - and sell what we don’t then need.

At face value.

You'll never work for Bristol Sport!

Seriously, yup totally agree. Christmas was happening whether we play ManU or knocked out in the first round. 

I realise I may be ascribing too much intelligence to the average Manchester fan, but I do find all this a bit baffling. Surely for £250 it would be possible for these people to arrange a trip to Old Trafford to see an early round League Cup, FA Cup or European game, with a hotel and travel thrown in as well if they wanted? Why the desperate need to splurge that much cash on watching them from the home end of our stadium? Assuming all these deals actually progress past social media talk of course.

You've got to laugh if somebody would pay 200 plus to watch a more than likely bunch of Kids turn out for Manchester..

I think people over estimate there plastic fan base.. especially with it being on tv. Getting tickets at old trafford isn't actually THAT hard for most games as im lead to believe so it would suprise me if thousands of Man Ure fans from Bristol and the surrounding areas would pay over the odds. 

Obviously i know its a hypothetical question but yeah cant see this sort of shit happening to be honest!

1 minute ago, Cyderman said:

I realise I may be ascribing too much intelligence to the average Manchester fan, but I do find all this a bit baffling. Surely for £250 it would be possible for these people to arrange a trip to Old Trafford to see an early round League Cup, FA Cup or European game, with a hotel and travel thrown in as well if they wanted? Why the desperate need to splurge that much cash on watching them from the home end of our stadium? Assuming all these deals actually progress past social media talk of course.

Exactly mate. Another point i was going to make..

I dont think people realisehow easy it is to get tickets for a Prem match at Old trafford.. you can almost always get a seat in the top tier of the Sir Alex Ferguson stand or somewhere else in the gods for pretty much any game including the big ones. 

With this being on the box the vast majority of Man Ure fans will stick to what they know best and watch it in a pub or in the comfort of there own home the ******* !

If someone was to offer me £200+ for my ticket, that close to Christmas, and they weren’t just a random, I’d seriously think about it. Christmas would be sorted, and the other adult in my season ticket collection could look after the kids that would be coming with me. 

And yes, I’m mainly being flippant for anyone at the club reading this, and about to jump on my head. 

16 minutes ago, Cyderman said:

That would mean the dullards navigating past the Bristol city limits!

Surely anyone just signs up for a £20 membership, buys a match ticket for a league game for £22 and they are then in the 3rd priority group and have a very good chance of getting a ticket. Or if you wanted to be guaranteed a ticket, buy a membership and four match tickets (4x £22 = £88) total outlay of £108 plus your United ticket.  

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

I've heard someone who has his season ticket, plus 2 kids as they were £50. His kids never go as he just wanted it for the shirts mainly, he is buying the two kids tickets and already has an offer from a man united fan for £250 each.

Why would a Man Utd fan pay £250 for one ticket, when they could buy a half season ticket AND a cup match ticket for £229..?!

They could then attend other matches that might take their fancy, or sell the season card on a match by match basis.

Some people are talking utter shite! 

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

I've heard someone who has his season ticket, plus 2 kids as they were £50. His kids never go as he just wanted it for the shirts mainly, he is buying the two kids tickets and already has an offer from a man united fan for £250 each.

So is this United fan buying for two adults, or two kids?  A child season ticket will enable you to buy a child match ticket for this game.  Otherwise you are not buying for the season ticket holder - which isn't allowed, especially for this game.  So, if two adults show up with these tickets - which I suspect is the case - the machine will flash a different colour indicating a concession, and they may well get ejected from the ground having spent £500.....which would be absolutely magnificent.

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

******* hell.

At face value.

It's nothing on modern society, supply and demand has been around for decades. We had ticket touts and sub-markets even 30 years ago. In one swoop many could pay off a vast chunk of 23 home games (their season ticket) for watching this one on the tele. I'd not chastise anyone for making the sacrifice for this game.

2 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Are adults likely to get through the turnstiles with a kids ticket?

49 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why would a Man Utd fan pay £250 for one ticket, when they could buy a half season ticket AND a cup match ticket for £229..?!

They could then attend other matches that might take their fancy, or sell the season card on a match by match basis.

Some people are talking utter shite! 

Obviously that makes total sense to do - but I think people might just be unaware of the half season tickets or perhaps not even that bothered for the sake of £21.

2 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Let’s hope , or not , depending on ones view that if he sells to Manc fans , if they score , they don’t jump around and he finds himself right in the middle of a disturbance 

Archived