IGNORED

Manchester Novelties

KingLear

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's not about the money, Horse.

If we get to Wembley that'll be a day out and I'll happily pay the ticket price.

Don't your passengers cover your match ticket for you then. That's poor. :no:

31 minutes ago, RedM said:

Don't your passengers cover your match ticket for you then. That's poor. :no:

He won't cough up £37 to watch City v Man U in our biggest game at the Gate for many years......but he'll pay whatever it costs to watch them at Wembley, regardless of the opposition.

Funny how times change - against Notts Forest (?) in the semis (?) - my mind is not what I was and I was pissed too - you could not see the game forJoe Jordan tooth inflatables in the air - everybody had one despite the fact they looked more like an ice-cream cone !!

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

Could we have a giant can of Carabo on the back of a combine harvester with the Wurzels, Tony Robinson and Sam Mason doing the pre match entertainment? 

Aw, The lovely Sam. I haven't seen anything of her for ages.  She was the only newsreader I used to watch the news for just to see her, ever. Used to be a bit of a hell raiser, I'm told.

Was wondering, in the new stadium whether it would look better if the cameras were on the other side, but I guess that's impractical.

I'm sure Manchester will rotate their squad a bit for this one, but they will still field a strong team.

Don't remember Jose coming here before (once perhaps?).  He must really be sh***ing himself at the prospect. 

It will be a big night and we will make an incredible amount of noise.

I think the club have over cooked the prices but I can understand why and it won’t stop me from attending. I’ve been to every big game we’ve had in the last 45 years so this is no big deal and I can’t stand the hype. But my lad is 19 and this game is huge for him and I look forward to attending with him .

3 minutes ago, redapple said:

I think the club have over cooked the prices but I can understand why and it won’t stop me from attending. I’ve been to every big game we’ve had in the last 45 years so this is no big deal and I can’t stand the hype. But my lad is 19 and this game is huge for him and I look forward to attending with him .

Congratulations mate! Can only imagine how many programmes you've got lying around...

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

You can't blame the club for making as much money out of the Man Utd fixture as they can. No doubt it's a windfall.

That said I'm not willing to pay £37 to watch Man Utd reserves or even third team. No chance.

Out of interest, how much did it cost to watch Bristol Rovers at Wembley?

9 hours ago, RedM said:

There is bound to be all sorts of 'tat' being sold outside the ground,(not official club stuff)  there always is for these big games. I happily tell all the traders to stuff it and I hope others will do the same. I expect half and half scarves are being shipped from some sweat shop as we speak.

Against WHam we had free scarves. I wonder? But no not cardboard clappers, there maybe a change people might open them and hold them up and offend someone!:rofl2br:

I'll take a free Bristol City (/Bristol Sport if they must) beenie hat to go with my West Ham game scarf anytime. Especially if its going to be cold.

11 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

What sort of ceremony would be needed for the PA man to have the temptation to play something at this time of night? Maybe if there was a bizarre love triangle of players celebrating their technique.

Best band to come out of Manchester, closely followed by The Charlatans for me

sorry to go off topic

16 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Best band to come out of Manchester, closely followed by The Charlatans for me

sorry to go off topic

Charlatans were a bunch of Madchester bandwagon jumpers from Northwich.  Great tunes, mind.

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Come onnnn, Stone Roses, Smiths, Oasis, 808 State, good but not THAT good.

You omitted The Chameleons. Invalidates any point you were making.

14 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s was free of course, payment for driving the bus 

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

No idea. 

I didn't buy the  ticket so how would I know?    :dunno:

So with it being Wembley I imagine the ticket being at least 40 quid, by driving the mini bus he recieved a ticket as payment.

And yet he is moaning about paying less to watch us play Manchester United at Ashton Gate???

29 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

And yet he is moaning about paying less to watch us play Manchester United at Ashton Gate???

I'm undecided whether to pay £37 to see Man Utd's reserves or even their third team. They have much more important PL matches in December and this particular cup in not that important to them.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I'm undecided whether to pay £37 to see Man Utd's reserves or even their third team. They have much more important PL matches in December and this particular cup in not that important to them.

I can only assume you have baited the hook and are waiting for a nibble: surely the thought process is that you are undecided whether to pay gbp37 to watch City play in the quarter final of the 2nd most prestigious domestic cup competition open to the club, with a chance to reach the semi-finals for only the 3rd time in the club's history, irrespective of who the opposition might be.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It'll be a good experience though. Close to Christmas, guaranteed good atmosphere, completely sold out AG.. regardless whether Manchester play an U15 side it'll be a great experience.

Archived