Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RaspberryRed

World Cup Playoffs (Merged)

With Just 180 minutes of football standing between the ROI booking a berth at next year’s World Cup finals, here’s hoping that one of our most promising (And in form) young players gets the chance to play and hopefully help them qualify.

It will be a huge achievement  for him personally and it will also shine much light on one of our clubs most promising young players. I very much to hope to see him playing next summer

Good luck Tonight Callum O'Dowda

:fingerscrossed: 

6 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Good luck Tonight Callum O'Dowda

:fingerscrossed: 

Well good luck to him tonight indeed.  I'm not sure what he'll be up to as the ROI aren't playing until Saturday but nonetheless, good luck Callum!

1 minute ago, Vespa Red said:

Well good luck to him indeed tonight.  I'm not sure what he'll be up to as the ROI aren't playing until Saturday but.....

My bad

No doubt tonight he will be playing xbox in the Team hotel!

I hope the lad gets some game time, not tonight on the XBox but Saturday ;)

p.s oh, Callum please avoid injury if possible, we dont want anymore of our players on crutches, Thanking You

Good Luck to Northern Ireland tonight and the Republic (hopefully COD will play) tomorrow. Reckon both have a good chance.

Edit - Sorry just saw the other thread mods please merge.

1 hour ago, RaspberryRed said:

My bad

No doubt tonight he will be playing xbox in the Team hotel!

Go on admit it, you got the two Irelands mixed up as N.Ireland are playing the Swiss tonight?! Sacrilege!!

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Good Luck to Northern Ireland tonight and the Republic (hopefully COD will play) tomorrow. Reckon both have a good chance.

Edit - Sorry just saw the other thread mods please merge.

The Republic are playing on Saturday...

I have watched a lot of the ni games ahead of the boring England games...real passion and great journey for them...really hope they make it.

my first World Cup I watched was 86 and ni were a great team back then with Jennings at 40 in goal...he never saw that josinar goal though

Well, to be fair, it has looked a little like a lower league side giving it 100% in a cup game against a team a league above them.

No doubt to me the Swiss have looked the better team. 0-0 at half time however, so still every chance.

4 minutes ago, ExiledRobin said:

Excellent!!! be an interesting adaptation

Imagine if Away goals didn't count but a clean sheet equalled 2 goals. We could make soccer such fun. 

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

You can achieve a lot on organization. NI are doing it very well. The Swiss of course are superior and could have been ahead within the first twelve minutes. Interesting game to watch!

As a half Italian I hope your lot get turned over tomorrow 

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

THe ref took his decision in a millisecond. At that time we did not know better. The problem is that the the ref can't watch the replay like we can

Yet we trial video refs in a nothing game on Friday rather than this weeks WC Play Offs 

Been the better team, but maybe lucky to still have 11 on the field, and that is simply an outrageous call in the circumstances. 

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Been the better team, but maybe lucky to still have 11 on the field, and that is simply an outrageous call in the circumstances. 

It’s almost reminiscent of the referee performance Holland v England in 93

Yes best team won without doubt but to lose to a decision as bad as that must be tough to take. All over for them cant see them winning over there.

Sweden did well yesterday vs Italy 1-0. The goal was a deflection. Sweden, a hard working team with a good defence. Good result for us but still one game left in Milano. They have the better players but we are good as a team.

Australia drew 0-0 in Honduras so should be favourites for the second leg. Bailey played the 90 and should have had a penalty after being cleaned out by the keeper. The ref gave it then changed his mind.

3 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Sweden did well yesterday vs Italy 1-0. The goal was a deflection. Sweden, a hard working team with a good defence. Good result for us but still one game left in Milano. They have the better players but we are good as a team.

Would be a massive upset to knock out Italy. Their qualifying record is up there with Brazil and Germany I think. 

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Australia drew 0-0 in Honduras so should be favourites for the second leg. Bailey played the 90 and should have had a penalty after being cleaned out by the keeper. The ref gave it then changed his mind.

I’m not surprised. It was obviously a dive..! 

2 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Would be a massive upset to knock out Italy. Their qualifying record is up there with Brazil and Germany I think. 

I don`t think they`ve failed to qualify since 1958 - a year before I was born!

21 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was held in Sweden wasn`t it? Also the last time Wales qualified I think.

Yes. In USA 1994 we got to the semifinal, best team we ever had. Lost to Brazil 0-1.

50 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was held in Sweden wasn`t it? Also the last time Wales qualified I think.

16 nations qualified for the 1958 World Cup; four from South America, four from East Europe, four from West Europe and all four Home Nations. England & Scotland went out in the Group Stage. Wales & NI in the quarter finals.

John Atyeo played in most of England's qualifying games to get there, scoring in each game. His most important goal cane in the last minute of the final game to secure England's place in Sweden. And that was the last time JA played for England. :facepalm:

Just searched 'Bailey Wright' on Twitter to see how he got on last night for Australia. An awful lot of criticism online about his performance, saying he's slow, terrible on the ball, can't find a yellow shirt with a pass etc. 

I've been impressed with him this season, especially as he's been filling in at right back most of the time. Maybe he's just getting sucked down to the level set by some of his team mates (thought Australia looked awful against Syria) or perhaps he's uncomfortable in the system that they play. Hmmm...