IGNORED

The Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day Thread 17

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

Ridiculously my stomach dropped reading that thinking we had conceded deep into post-game.

Sorry about that Robin - I thought I had waited long enough from the final whistle to avoid anyone getting a heart attack. 

1 minute ago, megansdad said:

harsh on Hörður thought he made a couple of crucial tackles and looked comfortable on the ball. Brownhill buzzed about in midfield and overall we looked solid. Will be good to have Korey back in midfield come Tuesday.

He made at least 2 mistakes in the first half that Joe Bryan covered for him, 5 minutes into the 2nd half him and Fielding almost conspired to give a goal away, then got done by trying to be far too casual and 5 minutes later Bryan ripped him a new one after he farted around and then had to give a free kick away.

He is IMHO generally far too casual and in the first half should have got closer too his man, to fair that did improve in the 2nd half.

13 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Be in no doubt we are a very good side and well deserving of our hard earned point, I love the fact that unlike the last 2 seasons we are not a team that will be bullied, in fact I thought our midfield was terrific today.

This was another strong performance.

Fielding 6 usual poor kicking and 1 mix up with Magnússon, but did little else  wrong.

Smith 8 terrific, strong always available and a great leader.

Flint 8 usual commanding performance.

Baker 8 he is quality.

Magnússon 5 so frustrating far too casual for me.

ODowda 7 all round game is improving by the game, especially his heading.

Brownhill 9 probably his best game for BCFC, MOM.

Pack 8 had one of his better games.

Bryan 7 so mature these days, even had time to rip Magnússon a new one after a casual mistake. I hope his injury is not a bad one.

Reid 7 his workmate is incredible, never gives up.

Taylor 6 to be fair he worked really hard rightly subbed he was tiring.

LJ 8 pretty much spot on all round, I might have brought Leko on, I think there was more space for him in this game than recent games.

Djuric 6 gave them something different to think about, should have done better when put clear.

Patterson 5 had a reasonable chance but took the wrong option.

Cheers, Maggs is the wink link still, but with BW coming back it's a positive. Solid point very happy. 

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

A lot of players in this squad that learnt a lot from last season IMO. It`s difficult to pick a `most improved` at the moment, there are so many to choose from.

Whatever doesn`t kill you makes you stronger.

Spot on, Bryan, Reid, ODowda and Brownhill have all improved and we will do well to hold on to them IMHO. Their improvement has made life easier for our back 4 and has led to a fit Smith returning to the player that we had 2 years ago.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Be in no doubt we are a very good side and well deserving of our hard earned point, I love the fact that unlike the last 2 seasons we are not a team that will be bullied, in fact I thought our midfield was terrific today.

This was another strong performance.

Fielding 6 usual poor kicking and 1 mix up with Magnússon, but did little else  wrong.

Smith 8 terrific, strong always available and a great leader.

Flint 8 usual commanding performance.

Baker 8 he is quality.

Magnússon 5 so frustrating far too casual for me.

ODowda 7 all round game is improving by the game, especially his heading.

Brownhill 9 probably his best game for BCFC, MOM.

Pack 8 had one of his better games.

Bryan 7 so mature these days, even had time to rip Magnússon a new one after a casual mistake. I hope his injury is not a bad one.

Reid 7 his workmate is incredible, never gives up.

Taylor 6 to be fair he worked really hard rightly subbed he was tiring.

LJ 8 pretty much spot on all round, I might have brought Leko on, I think there was more space for him in this game than recent games.

Djuric 6 gave them something different to think about, should have done better when put clear.

Patterson 5 had a reasonable chance but took the wrong option.

Not convinced by Magnússon. Too slow off the ball and weak in the tackle. Poor decision making too. Can't understand why so many on here seem to love him. He is eminently droppable. I really really hope he improves, I don't like slagging any player.  but there's no evidence of any coolness in or out of possession in his last few starts. He needs to sort his confidence out. 

Edited by redfieldred
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

We just need a bit more quality in final 3rd. Central midfielder, striker in Jan. We miss Diedhiou 

I thought Reid and Taylor were a handful today (admittedly without creating much) but what their buzzing around and chasing defenders achieved was that Wednesday's quality midfield had to drop back to help out enabling ours to step up and for much of the game boss that area, midfield supremacy is the key to gaining results and being difficult to beat.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Not convinced by Magnússon. Too slow off the ball and weak in the tackle. Poor decision making too. Can't understand why so many on here seem to love him. He is eminently droppable. I really really hope he improves, I don't like slagging any player.  but there's no evidence of any coolness in or out of possession in his last few starts. He needs to sort his confidence out. 

Totally agree there is a very good player in there but he needs to get closer to his man and most importantly he needs to get it into his head that you don't get time to fart around on the ball and indecision will catch you out in this division.

• Like 1