IGNORED

The Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day Thread 17

I'd say a good half overall, particularly for an away performance. I would say mags has had a decent game (massive improvement from last LB outing!) but we have offered nothing in attack down that side. Mags tens to go long when he gets the ball and JB is holding back a bit too much I assume to offer Mags extra protection. Neither has played particularly badly just would like to see a bit more down that side rather than relying on COD for everything.

Edited by BCFC Richard
4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

They are certainly a good side and have had plenty possession, but they haven’t troubled us that much and we are certainly not over awed by them and are playing well, if anything I think our midfield has performed better than their’s.

Nobody looks out of place, ODowda and Brownhill are playing well and Smith is terrific again. Reid and Taylor are working hard and putting their back 4 under pressure, they are a little bit overconfident at the back and I think will eventually make a mistake.

What I have noticed is apart from the first 10 minutes the Wednesday crowd has been very quiet, I get the impression that the crowd are not totally convinced about their team and sound as if they are looking for an opportunity to get on the teams back, typical one time big club who feel an entitlement especially every time one of their players goes down.

For us the usual niggles Fielding’s kicking and the occasional over complication in attacking positions.

One last thing the WWE tactics by their defenders at every single corner of ours is beyond belief.

After the Fulham game I like your h/t predictions Esmond. Hopefully this one comes to pass too.

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

The funny thing is if the sags did sack Dopey the pay off would probably soak up the last of their funds.

It would appear they have no choice. The captain has to go down with the ship.

How wonderful is that, sack him, face administration and inevitable relegation, or don't sack him, get relegated and then face administration.

They're ******!

• Haha 2