Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Red7Rob

Anyone know why Albert didnt celebrate his goals against QPR?????

grew up around the corner from QPR.... alot of friends and family are QPR fans...

When asked , why he had not been picked up by them, he said "speak to their scout"..... :laugh:...

22 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

He's a QPR fan? That disappoints me because I like Albert and I do not like QPR since the early 00's.

You could be typically fickle and start to dislike him, just because for a justifiable reason he DOES like a club you dislike?

3 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

You could be typically fickle and start to dislike him, just because for a justifiable reason he DOES like a club you dislike?

Course I dont dislike him because he supports QPR. It was tongue in cheek.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red7Rob said:

ANyone know  why Albert didnt celebrate his goals against QPR?????

Said in the summer we should have gone in for him. He was available. 8 goals so far. 

Quality player and it's no coincidence that Villa's turn in fortunes occurred when Albert returned to their starting line-up a few months ago.

On a sidenote, Villa fans have been moaning about Kodjia recently despite him saving their bacon last season.

1 minute ago, Assassin Reid said:

Quality player and it's no coincidence that Villa's turn in fortunes occurred when Albert returned to their starting line-up a few months ago.

On a sidenote, Villa fans have been moaning about Kodjia recently despite him saving their bacon last season.

He`s out long term again after doing his ankle playing for the Ivory Coast.

11 hours ago, Assassin Reid said:

And to think some posters didn't want him back. Sooner have him over Leko or Eliasson. Established and class. Imagine him and O'Dowda with Smith and Brownhill. 

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

And to think some posters didn't want him back. Sooner have him over Leko or Eliasson. Established and class. Imagine him and O'Dowda with Smith and Brownhill. 

Why not give Eliasson a chance? He’s an U21 international trying to forge himself a career in a different country / City & from what LJ has said about him, he wasn’t brought in with the expectations of being a first team regular straight away!

O’Dowda, Brownhill & Flint (to name but a few) hardly hit the ground running when they first joined & in Eliasson’s, O’Dowda’s & Brownhill’s case, if they were the finished article before we signed them, they would of cost considerably more than they actually did & would of probably already been in The Premier League & not at Bristol City!

This is the position Bristol City are in, signing players with potential in the hope of developing that potential into financial profit or first team regulars.

I'd hazard a guess that any potential financial package to sign Adomah would have probably been similar to the total cost of Eliasson & O’Dowda yet they are around 20 years old & we have seen O’Dowda improve enough to become a full international, whereas Adomah is 29 years old & I’d guess that if you put all of these players probable values together now, Adomah would have the least in regards to sell-on value.

As for Leko, he’s even younger, isn’t ours, so isn’t really a big issue if he doesn’t go on to prove a success but there were enough people excited about his potential before he signed & raving about him after his first appearance for us, give him a chance, if he was already a world beater West Brom wouldn’t of let him join us, would they?

We are improving as a club, squad & team, it’s not all going to happen overnight & we’re unlikely to sign proven Championship / Premier League players anytime soon as financially those players just cost far too much & we have to try & find better value for money from further afield, it’s just the way of the game nowadays.

Edited by Tipps69
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Why not give Eliasson a chance? He’s an U21 international trying to forge himself a career in a different country / City & from what LJ has said about him, he wasn’t brought in with the expectations of being a first team regular straight away!

O’Dowda, Brownhill & Flint (to name but a few) hardly hit the ground running when they first joined & in Eliasson’s, O’Dowda’s & Brownhill’s case, if they were the finished article before we signed them, they would of cost considerably more than they actually did & would of probably already been in The Premier League & not at Bristol City!

This is the position Bristol City are in, signing players with potential in the hope of developing that potential into financial profit or first team regulars.

I'd hazard a guess that any potential financial package to sign Adomah would have probably been similar to the total cost of Eliasson & O’Dowda yet they are around 20 years old & we have seen O’Dowda improve enough to become a full international, whereas Adomah is 29 years old & I’d guess that if you put all of these players probable values together now, Adomah would have the least in regards to sell-on value.

As for Leko, he’s even younger, isn’t ours, so isn’t really a big issue if he doesn’t go on to prove a success but there were enough people excited about his potential before he signed & raving about him after his first appearance for us, give him a chance, if he was already a world beater West Brom wouldn’t of let him join us, would they?

We are improving as a club, squad & team, it’s not all going to happen overnight & we’re unlikely to sign proven Championship / Premier League players anytime soon as financially those players just cost far too much & we have to try & find better value for money from further afield, it’s just the way of the game nowadays.

Indeed. I'm really excited about Eliasson and think, once he adjusts to the UK, he could be outstanding. The nature of a winger's role is such that young wingers coming into senior football often struggle and drift out of games until they suddenly reach the point where it clicks for them. Hence why Bolasie suddenly went from inconsistent squad player to outstanding premier league winger and O'Dowda has massively improved over the last two months. Eliasson might need a few months - perhaps the whole season - but when it clicks for him, I think it will really really click for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. I'm really excited about Eliasson and think, once he adjusts to the UK, he could be outstanding. The nature of a winger's role is such that young wingers coming into senior football often struggle and drift out of games until they suddenly reach the point where it clicks for them. Hence why Bolasie suddenly went from inconsistent squad player to outstanding premier league winger and O'Dowda has massively improved over the last two months. Eliasson might need a few months - perhaps the whole season - but when it clicks for him, I think it will really really click for him. 

I agree and still regret we didn't try Bolasie more often, but think Leko is above Eliassonin the pecking order. Eliasson had a reasonable, if inconsistent, game at Watford but otherwise looks unwilling to take players on (he seems to pass back as soon as he receives the ball more often than not).

When we play teams that try to stifle us in midfield like Burton and Millwall we need wingers with pace, I want to be convinced Leko vs Derby wasn't a fluke.

3 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Do you think we have a bottomless pit of money?