IGNORED

Offside from a goal kick

nickolas

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/rules_and_equipment/4993924.stm

Just to brighten my otherwise expected sh1t night versus a warnock-like preston team, thought i’d share my enjoyable ‘experience’ this evening  

to my fellow red in the dolman, rather than F and blind at me during the 2nd half about how you know the rules ( because you dont ), that you CAN be offside from a goal kick, please see the link. 

Assuming you are on here ofcourse. Otherwise i’ll be sure to bring the link with me to the next game. 

#feelingsmug

#yourgoingtolookatadsillysoon :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, nickolas said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/rules_and_equipment/4993924.stm

Just to brighten my otherwise expected sh1t night versus a warnock-like preston team, thought i’d share my enjoyable ‘experience’ this evening  

to my fellow red in the dolman, rather than F and blind at me during the 2nd half about how you know the rules ( because you dont ), that you CAN be offside from a goal kick, please see the link. 

Assuming you are on here ofcourse. Otherwise i’ll be sure to bring the link with me to the next game. 

#feelingsmug

#yourgoingtolookatadsillysoon :facepalm:

Oh, the irony..

On the subject of rules does the ball need to leave the penalty area on free kicks? I know on goal kicks it does but we won a free kick in our box and played it then the ref blew his whistle to retake it and gestured that it has to leave the area. Small detail but was he right? 

6 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

The link says you CAN'T be offside from a goal kick? Am I missing something? Oh it not me by you in the dolman by the way

I think something got lost in the wording of the sentence, as I got the impression his neighbour was saying you could be offside from a goalkick.

'rather than F and blind at me during the 2nd half about how you know the rules that you CAN be offside from a goal kick, please see the link because this says you can't'

7 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

The link says you CAN'T be offside from a goal kick? Am I missing something? Oh it not me by you in the dolman by the way

I think the OP's mate in the Dolman was saying you can be offside from a goal kick.  Took me a couple of reads! COYR 

28 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

On the subject of rules does the ball need to leave the penalty area on free kicks? I know on goal kicks it does but we won a free kick in our box and played it then the ref blew his whistle to retake it and gestured that it has to leave the area. Small detail but was he right? 

Yes, any defensive dead ball must go out of the box before it can be touched by another player.

40 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

I think the OP's mate in the Dolman was saying you can be offside from a goal kick.  Took me a couple of reads! COYR 

Sorry all. Thought i explained, maybe i did/didnt?! 

Yes, apparently you’re offside from goal kicks ( and you most definitely cannot be!). :grr:

53 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Sorry all. Thought i explained, maybe i did/didnt?! 

Yes, apparently you’re offside from goal kicks ( and you most definitely cannot be!). :grr:

I'm sorry.  I'm really confused.

Can you be offside from a goal kick?  Please don't answer with any double negatives.

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

"You cant be offside if you are in your own half of the pitch".

Well once again it's one rule for football and another for Bristol City - as last season Tammy was given offside in his own half (allegedly returning from an offside position).

Anyone notice the Preston player who went down clutching his face when there was no one near him except the ref ? 

No yellow card. :disapointed2se:

And a blatant dive from Eisner who must have leapt , unaided from near the centre circle into our penalty area ? 

Again , no yellow card .

:disapointed2se:

Poor poor Ref.

We have been very good at game management this season but last night we was done up like a kipper.

Also to the people who were moaning around me about the 2 Preston players who got injured during the same incident and didn't have to go off the field of play... 

Nope the ref didn't get it wrong. They dont have to go off if both are treated for the injury. 

Check the rules! 

Another mistake, 2Preston players collided (head injury). Just outside there penalty box,we were in possession of the ball,ref stopped game,correct, but why did the ref make our player restart the game,  with our player passing the ball back to there goalkeeper, WHY,what a shocking ref,well he did come from LANCASHIRE,,,  near Blackpool 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

"You cant be offside if you are in your own half of the pitch".

Well once again it's one rule for football and another for Bristol City - as last season Tammy was given offside in his own half (allegedly returning from an offside position).

The rule (and I am sure I will be corrected if wrong) is that you can only be offside in your opponents half, but the decision is given where that player first touches the ball

I can remember the Tammy incident you meant, and can remember someone posting a link to the laws on here

Archived