IGNORED

It all kicked off in Bristol (Merged)

CyderInACan

Saw a tweet suggesting that a book chronicling the expliots of the CSF was soon to be published. Surely a wind up? Whilst the cover correctly depicts our brave warrior wearing the standard issue uniform, the spelling hopefully points to an early April fool. The mind boggles if this, however, indeed "a thing". 

Anyone any info? 

image.jpeg

The alleged "author" of this alleged book is allegedly known for Footie Issues (from L.W I think) - but me thinks maybe a tad young for the "real" CSF

(no intention to defame or categorize anyone was made in replying to this post!)

3 minutes ago, Markman said:

The alleged "author" of this alleged book is allegedly known for Footie Issues (from L.W I think) - but me thinks maybe a tad young for the "real" CSF

(no intention to defame or categorize anyone was made in replying to this post!)

I hope he's better at fighting at football than grammar.

The first sentence- such as it is- on the (awful) image above doesn't bode well for the rest of the tome does it?!

If anyone releases a book based on any subject, with the title spelt wrongly, it doesn't leave much hope for the rest of the content and surely makes a bit of a laughing stock of those involved. 

Unless you are Rovers, of course. They would be very "prowed" of the author. 

58 minutes ago, Malaggro is back said:

Nice Adidas SL 72's.

My views on firms/hooliganism are known on here well enough and I'm sticking to my vow to not get involved in arguments about it any more but the one thing I really don't get is the obsession with trainers. Are Adidas SL 72's a particularly rare one or something? What makes one better than another?

Just to put a few things straight. The author  is from south of the cut and is most certainly of an age to be able to comment on the goings on from the early/mid 1980's. As for the spelling I believe that the book hasn't gone to print yet so i'd imagine someone will be looking over it for such things.

I hope its a success because I have heard a lot of hard work has gone into it by the author but doubt if many on otib will buy it which is fair enough and understandable.

9 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Just to put a few things straight. The author  is from south of the cut and is most certainly of an age to be able to comment on the goings on from the early/mid 1980's. As for the spelling I believe that the book hasn't gone to print yet so i'd imagine someone will be looking over it for such things.

I hope its a success because I have heard a lot of hard work has gone into it by the author but doubt if many on otib will buy it which is fair enough and understandable.

It's a shame that the hard work didn't extend to the book title. 

Surely that would have been sensible to check before advertising it.

That said, if they have a publisher and a print release as well as distributor there must be some interesting content, most first time authors these days seem to self publish digitally.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

My views on firms/hooliganism are known on here well enough and I'm sticking to my vow to not get involved in arguments about it any more but the one thing I really don't get is the obsession with trainers. Are Adidas SL 72's a particularly rare one or something? What makes one better than another?

It's just the fashion that's associated with this particular sub-culture. Mobs wanted to be the 'best dressed' as well as the toughest.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

I'm sure the hard work involved refers only to the writing of the book; not the illegal activities he will no doubt seek to glorify in same. 

14 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I'm sure the hard work involved refers only to the writing of the book; not the illegal activities he will no doubt seek to glorify in same. 

Dunno what will be in the book but I wouldn't be too outraged about the likely content because it is clearly not representative of the vast majority of Bristol City supporters and will only be read by people interested in such things.

Actually whether you agree or not, there is a story to be told,  and this guy is in a position to tell it as he is well known to some of us on this forum. Infact whether you agree or disagree, the CSF are a well known part of BCFC in many football circles.  In my opinion,  let the man write the book and publish it,  Joe public can read it,  and then comment on it. Infact fair play to him in finding a publisher.

But don't comment until you know the facts and read it.  It will probably sale well.

From old school CSF 1984 

8 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Always thought the real old skool chaps didn't want their past published.

I believe some old school asked for their names to be kept out which was respected (just what I was told). In hooligan terms the 80s and 90s are very different from the old school 70s which was much more dangerous for the innocent non violent fan.

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I believe some old school asked for their names to be kept out which was respected (just what I was told). In hooligan terms the 80s and 90s are very different from the old school 70s which was much more dangerous for the innocent non violent fan.

Very true. A lot more collateral damage in the 70s if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. it was much more organised in the 80s and 90s and innocent fans/scarfers were mostly safe (apart from the few firms that didn`t abide by the `rules` - Millwall for instance).

It is a story that is worth telling though.

Stand out error. Maybe the publisher did it deliberately. A real collectors item! Can't be that many published books with a mistake in the first word of the title. I can see the queues outside Waterstones now.

Will be an interesting read. Just a pity it doesn't cover the era when we were up there with the best. 

Good luck to the fellow. 

Archived